The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

4 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

@RedEd Well said.

What are the friendlies we are playing and when are they? Have these been published anywhere? Any chance of streams or am I pushing it?

Partick are streaming the game against ourselves. I believe it’s the 30th September. 

1 minute ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Partick are streaming the game against ourselves. I believe it’s the 30th September. 

Thanks, that should be good.

In fact its a wee bonus because wasn't expecting to see us until the Albion Rovers game. Gives me something to look forward to a bit earlier.👍

1 hour ago, HMIP said:

It strikes me that some people are happy to accept the governments position on the basis our board has a bottomless pit of cash to underwrite losses for the season, which I’m quite sure they don’t.   Unfortunately, there are also people who, because they support independence, are content to hand the government a blank cheque to do as they please.  The reality is that our game is heading towards wreck and ruin and for no good reason - if we want to avert that outcome, we need to open our mouths and say something before it’s too late.

Re-read this.

Add in the knowledge that playing with "restricted crowds" will cost every club money.

Then try and understand why clubs arent pushing for restricted crowds to be allowed in.

The best chance for clubs survival, if theyre determined to play, is playing behind closed doors until all restrictions are lifted.

Edited by RandomGuy.

1 hour ago, RedEd said:

The whole 'we can't have people travelling all over the country' is a bit misleading as crowds would still be very much restricted for the time being. Admittedly it wouldn't look right politically as cases continue to rise. 

Say they only let locals attend. If someone wanted to go to the football but lived in Glasgow, they have a chance to buy a ticket but it is only people from say, a 10 mile radius of Ayr. What is to stop someone putting their old folks postcode for Doonfoot or Alloway in when buying a ticket. Repeat that at any club. 

Say 500 fans are allowed in, but the guidance is not to overcrowd public transport, how is this managed ?

How would you work out how many households groups of fans were from? Pubs and restaurants are struggling to do that with less than fifty folk. 

After the game, what is to stop all 500 of a crowd all heading to the pubs in Ayr?

If the guidance at the time is still the same, 10% of the capacity to allow social distancing, you have 400 at Stranraer, probably a normal crowd size, 1000 at Ayr, 1800 at Rusty Park, all the way up to 6000 at Celtic park. 

That still amounts to a lot of people that are not currently travelling on a Saturday afternoon. Even locally that is a high concentration of people funneling to one place. 

The current guidance and infection rate will not allow mass gatherings due to other restrictions being eased regardless of who is to blame. 

2 hours ago, RedEd said:

The thing is there is no evidence that a huge number of people have not been following the rules. Of course some people have broken them, and that is what the media like to focus. It's also something you hear from Johnson and his chums increasingly as they look to blame anyone but themselves, despite the complete and utter mess which lies at their door. As for Sturgeon, she clearly has performed better, but there have still been cock ups on Scotland. Care homes was the first one and the whole issue around students is the latest.

The whole 'we can't have people travelling all over the country' is a bit misleading as crowds would still be very much restricted for the time being. Admittedly it wouldn't look right politically as cases continue to rise. 

Anyway, it'll be interesting to see how the team gets on against Falkirk and Partick over the next few days. 

I didn't present it misleadingly, I mentioned Ayr fans traveling to Ayr.  We don't all live in Ayr. 

6 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

Happy with the signing especially if he is one of the best under 20 goal keepers in Europe, got to wonder about Hair-Reid IIRC he was being touted by McCall as our future number 1 and is now likely behind another lone signing in the team.

I'd like to think Mark Kerr would give Hare-Reid a couple of games. He was on the 'Scottish player available' site not that long ago.... Along with the likes of Wullie Gibson and Jamie Stevenson. Sort of glad he's resigned with Ayr in a way, in hopes that Mccall was right about him 🙄it's a wait and see... 

I'd like to think Mark Kerr would give Hare-Reid a couple of games. He was on the 'Scottish player available' site not that long ago.... Along with the likes of Wullie Gibson and Jamie Stevenson. Sort of glad he's resigned with Ayr in a way, in hopes that Mccall was right about him [emoji849]it's a wait and see... 
In an ideal world he would probably have been loaned out to get experience but when we only run with 2 keepers that's not possible.

6 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:
9 minutes ago, Roxanne said:
I'd like to think Mark Kerr would give Hare-Reid a couple of games. He was on the 'Scottish player available' site not that long ago.... Along with the likes of Wullie Gibson and Jamie Stevenson. Sort of glad he's resigned with Ayr in a way, in hopes that Mccall was right about him emoji849.pngit's a wait and see... 

In an ideal world he would probably have been loaned out to get experience but when we only run with 2 keepers that's not possible.

Yeah, I think he would have done well at the team Finn Ecrepont had went to. League 2. Gained some first team experience under Brian Reid or the likes. Though with him being Ayrs only keeper at the time, dare say there was a fear to let him go anywhere. 

Edited by Roxanne's man
Can't spell.

We don't stop people commuting to work in offices in Glasgow. I'm sure more people do that daily on the train or bus than would go the other way for the football. The traveling is a bit of a red herring for me. If you follow the guidance and the rules then surely the risk the same? The difference is that work is deemed essential or is more or a priority than attending football. That's not going to change and its hard to argue that it should frankly.

The salient point is that even if 500 fans were allowed in attendance it would probably cost the club money as they'd all be season tickets and we'd have match day expenses to pay. Its really all or nothing with attendances otherwise its not actually helping clubs.

Young keeper but hopefully does as well as Doohan - certainly seems highly rated.  

It might even be less of a risk signing a young keeper this season than normal due to the lack of crowds - far less intimidating for someone starting out when they dont have a possibly nervous home crowd  or abusive away crowd pretty much on top of them.