The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Right, ive got an idea.

Who's for joining me. £20 each, four ways, byob. 😊👍

Screenshot_20200922_163839.jpg

Seriously though, it looks like we won't have a chance to go to Somerset for a wee while. Bad times indeed. Nicola Sturgeon gave her speech earlier and gave indication that things remain pretty much the same for now on the attending front😔

A lot of the lower league teams are going to feel this. 

Though i do see it as a way to keep safe and out of harms way, I really sympathise with the clubs. 😔 

I do hope there is some sort of resolve or solution to this soon. Feel like I'm suffering Somerset Park withdrawal symptoms personally 😅

Edited by Roxanne's man

20 minutes ago, HMIP said:

Would be interesting to know the uptake on streaming for premier league clubs and whether numbers are growing or dropping off.  I suspect I know the answer, but clubs aren’t likely to publish viewing figures.  The things you mention are revenue streams in normal seasons which supplement match day revenue, so don’t see that we can double count that money as compensating for lost gate money for months on end.  We’ve seen in previous seasons real cash flow problems simply because of a hard winter and a run of postponed games.   Looks like the lower league clubs in England are firing up distress flares already - difficult to see how or why things would be different here.  

The furlough scheme paid 80% of the wages up until the end of August. Prize money was paid out and only a handful of people wanted season ticket refunds. The gate money from the remaining home games is what we have lost obviously. which couldn't be planned for.

This season is planned for 27 games, charging £19 a head at the gate, or streaming with no guaranteed level of attendance which is always the case, selling merchandise and season tickets. The club are selling advertising round the pitch. The only thing that I can see, that we haven't the ability to do is cover match day purchases such as catering and impulse buys in the club shop. They were moving to an online program this season anyway. The club will have budgeted for a 27 game season. 

3 hours ago, Robbo63 said:

The 2 year deals don’t make any difference as long as football is not curtailed for 2 seasons , next years income pays the second year of their contract 

Well, no, if you run out of cash this season to the extent that budgets for next season have to be slashed or if you need to look at paying players off to get them to leave, the liability of a two year contract absolutely makes an enormous difference. It's like suggesting whether your existing car HP agreement has 1 year to go or 2 years to go makes no difference as you'll still need a car next year. It absolutely makes a difference and if you lose your job in the meantime you can get a bus or walk if you don't already have a commitment.

13 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

The furlough scheme paid 80% of the wages up until the end of August. Prize money was paid out and only a handful of people wanted season ticket refunds. The gate money from the remaining home games is what we have lost obviously. which couldn't be planned for.

This season is planned for 27 games, charging £19 a head at the gate, or streaming with no guaranteed level of attendance which is always the case, selling merchandise and season tickets. The club are selling advertising round the pitch. The only thing that I can see, that we haven't the ability to do is cover match day purchases such as catering and impulse buys in the club shop. They were moving to an online program this season anyway. The club will have budgeted for a 27 game season. 

Not sure I follow.  The monies you refer to were to cover last season’s costs.   The point Cameron has made is that the prize money should have been part of this seasons budget but effectively had to be used to plug the gap from last season ending early, though hopefully some of it was banked due to the furlough scheme.  The issue now is how we pay for the coming season with no furlough and heavily reduced match day income, potentially well into the new year.  Things like trackside advertising and merchandise are parts of our normal revenue streams, so they can’t be viewed as additional or exceptional sources of income that can necessarily compensate for lost income elsewhere.
Again, I can only point you to the comments of our own chairman who has said clearly that playing behind closed doors is unsustainable, though I accept he never put an exact time frame on how long we could survive.  

7 minutes ago, HMIP said:

Not sure I follow.  The monies you refer to were to cover last season’s costs.   The point Cameron has made is that the prize money should have been part of this seasons budget but effectively had to be used to plug the gap from last season ending early, though hopefully some of it was banked due to the furlough scheme.  The issue now is how we pay for the coming season with no furlough and heavily reduced match day income, potentially well into the new year.  Things like trackside advertising and merchandise are parts of our normal revenue streams, so they can’t be viewed as additional or exceptional sources of income that can necessarily compensate for lost income elsewhere.
Again, I can only point you to the comments of our own chairman who has said clearly that playing behind closed doors is unsustainable, though I accept he never put an exact time frame on how long we could survive.  

The biggest expenditure at the club is wages, they knew before they signed a player for this coming season - A. the wages of the players signed up already and B. There was only going to be 14 home games rather than 18. C - There was a potential that some games could be played behind closed doors. Cameron and the board have decided on the wage budget taking all of this in to account. 

Trackside advertising and merchandise are normal revenue streams but they haven't stopped and in some cases, could be performing better.

You say that matchday income will be "heavily reduced" and I am saying that may not be the case. 

29 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Well, no, if you run out of cash this season to the extent that budgets for next season have to be slashed or if you need to look at paying players off to get them to leave, the liability of a two year contract absolutely makes an enormous difference. It's like suggesting whether your existing car HP agreement has 1 year to go or 2 years to go makes no difference as you'll still need a car next year. It absolutely makes a difference and if you lose your job in the meantime you can get a bus or walk if you don't already have a commitment.

Unless things take a real worse case scenario it makes no difference , we have 6/7 players on 2 year contracts , no matter what the budget is you need a squad to play games , we will be starting with 6/7 players if that was the case next season , don’t know how you can compare car and players , yes you can walk  if you don’t have a car , but you can’t play football if you don’t have players 

Edited by Robbo63

19 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

Unless things take a real worse case scenario it makes no difference , we have 6/7 players on 2 year contracts , no matter what the budget is you need a squad to play games , we will be starting with 6/7 players if that was the case next season , don’t know how you can compare car and players , yes you can walk  if you don’t have a car , but you can’t play football if you don’t have players 

You don't have to have players on full time "normal" wages though. Clubs will have to cut cloth accordingly and it's perfectly feasible clubs at middle championship level such as yours and mine will end up part time if restrictions carry on in the medium to long term.

Whatever way you dress it up sticking multiple players on two year contracts right now absolutely IS an increased risk. There's a reason why Ayr have signed more 2 year contracts this summer than pretty much every other lower division club added together.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

11 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

You don't have to have players on full time "normal" wages though. Clubs will have to cut cloth accordingly and it's perfectly feasible clubs at middle championship level such as yours and mine will end up part time if restrictions carry on in the medium to long term.

Whatever way you dress it up sticking multiple players on two year contracts right now absolutely IS an increased risk. There's a reason why Ayr have signed more 2 year contracts this summer than pretty much every other lower division club added together.

It is a 1 season risk if things don’t improve 

think there must be investment coming from somewhere not made public yet ,major improvements made within players areas , new kitchen and boardroom , new toilet blocks being constructed for supporters , new club shop , offices and social club now in process and 6/7 players on 2 year contracts , I am led to believe player budget was based on no fans this side of Xmas 

1 hour ago, diegomarahenry said:

Were we? Another part of the Matchday experience that’s been slowly disappearing 😞 programmes have always been something I’ve devoured 

20 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

It is a 1 season risk if things don’t improve 

think there must be investment coming from somewhere not made public yet ,major improvements made within players areas , new kitchen and boardroom , new toilet blocks being constructed for supporters , new club shop , offices and social club now in process and 6/7 players on 2 year contracts , I am led to believe player budget was based on no fans this side of Xmas 

Oops. 

I get it that the footballing world is full of successful businessmen who make their fortunes somewhere else, who get involved in football clubs and then all sensible thoughts go out of their heads. 

That said, I've got faith that Lachlan and David Smith will see us alright going forward. It might mean a lack of further #imminents in the short term, a dialing back even, but in the grand scheme of things, on and off the pitch we're progressing. 

Long may that continue. A starved fan base has a lot to be thankful for. 

I think cashflow concerns are misplaced. We wouldn't have based on projections/modelling on October with fans. I reckon it would have been January at the earliest. 

Moreover, we are investing considerable sums in and around Somerset Park. If the club were really worried about cashflow we wouldn't be doing that. 

Everyone just needs to calm down, the sky isn't falling in. The club will weather the storm.

Edited by Trogdor

2 hours ago, Roxanne's man said:

Right, ive got an idea.

Who's for joining me. £20 each, four ways, byob. 😊👍

Screenshot_20200922_163839.jpg

Seriously though, it looks like we won't have a chance to go to Somerset for a wee while. Bad times indeed. Nicola Sturgeon gave her speech earlier and gave indication that things remain pretty much the same for now on the attending front😔

A lot of the lower league teams are going to feel this. 

Though i do see it as a way to keep safe and out of harms way, I really sympathise with the clubs. 😔 

I do hope there is some sort of resolve or solution to this soon. Feel like I'm suffering Somerset Park withdrawal symptoms personally 😅

I will join you as long as you are in drag! 

Just now, Roxanne's man said:

Bit cold for that. Can't imagine the place I'd be loaning the cherry picker from would take me seriously if I appeared in Drag 🤔

You can pick it up in your normal clothes pal, he's no asking you to transition. 

24 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

You can pick it up in your normal clothes pal, he's no asking you to transition. 

I'm thinking that would make news headlines. 🤔

Hearts 5 Ayr 0

Ayr Canny

due to Cherry pickin Tra.... 

Of all the ways I could think to put a football player off a game, that tops it. I seriously need to rethink my ideas before sharing. Cherry picker Out The window.