The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

I doubt reece cole is an option tbh but you never know, all indications from Kerr and Robbo on here is that it's a striker and GK who'll be signing soon. Unless that's a deliberate tactic to take the attention off possibly signing Reece Cole

14 minutes ago, rb123! said:

I doubt reece cole is an option tbh but you never know, all indications from Kerr and Robbo on here is that it's a striker and GK who'll be signing soon. Unless that's a deliberate tactic to take the attention off possibly signing Reece Cole

I don't really know much about Reece Cole, however if people think he's better and ahead of McCowan, then he must be bloody good !!

That said, a midfielder is the last position we need to be filling as we've got more than enough genuine midfielders and quite a few others who can cover the position.

18 minutes ago, rb123! said:

There is a midfielder still in the frame , goalkeeper covered I believe ,  forwards will be of the loan category more than likely 

Edited by Robbo63

18 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

There is a midfielder still in the frame , goalkeeper covered I believe ,  forwards will be of the loan category more than likely 

Using my powers of deduction, i'd reckon that could be Michael Paton ?

There's a few names been said on this such as Dolly Menga, Anthony Stokes, Aaron Drinan, Jai Quitongo etc....Are any of these players realistically going to come to Ayr and be successful?

With Drinan being in the Ipswich squad, Dolly Menga possibly moving south or elsewhere and Anthony Stokes being unable to handle plastic *cough* pitches.

Reece Cole would definitely fill the role that McCowan plays 🙄 though so could Moffat, Zannata, Murdoch or Moore at a serious push 🤔I think packing the midfield and finding a player that can put a ball in a net a few times a season would be the best option for Kerr. 

Wouldn't the Midfielder mentioned be Michael Paton? 🙄

7 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:
21 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

I take by that we can expect another 3 possibly 4 coming in

I would think 3 more should be sufficient to start the season , that’s including the goalkeeper , we will have January for any urgently needed top ups 

55 minutes ago, rb123! said:

See the Morton and QOTS fans are still on the "plucky wee Ayr" attitude saying we're stupid dishing out two years deals just now and it's going to put us in the shits financially.

They obviously haven't accepted yet that we're on the rise as we've spanked the two of them in the league standings the last two seasons.

Reeks of jealousy and hatred IMO, splendid.

Mental so it is :lol:

17 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

A proper centre forward, a defensive midfielder and a reliable keeper and I honestly think 2nd is not outwit our reach.

Defensive midfielder? Surely if we’re signing any midfielder it should be an attacking midfielder/Winger. We have Chalmers, Murdoch, Miller, Muirhead who can all play defensive midfield where as in attacking midfield/wing we only have Zanatta, McCowan and Walsh. I suppose you could include Moffat at a push. 

Two year deals are risky if you sign players on a decent wage and then get relegated but I don't think our budget would change that much if we did go down anyway. 

Ayr have to continually rebuild every summer after losing 3-4 big players so it should lead to some continuity. At Christmas this year we could be planning for next season without Roscoe, Muirhead, Bell, Moore, Moffat, Houston and McCowan. 

10 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Two year deals are risky if you sign players on a decent wage and then get relegated but I don't think our budget would change that much if we did go down anyway. 

Ayr have to continually rebuild every summer after losing 3-4 big players so it should lead to some continuity. At Christmas this year we could be planning for next season without Roscoe, Muirhead, Bell, Moore, Moffat, Houston and McCowan. 

Houston and McCowan are both very intriguing, they could both go up a level, down a level or remain at this level, i'd say it's a very big season for both of them. Luke certainly has all the basic skills and natural ability and just needs to sustain form and not be too hard on himself, as for Houston, he had a decent enough season last year but needs to work on his defensive positioning and awareness in order to kick on and fulfill his undoubted potential.

27 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Houston is signed up till 2022.