The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Totally agree - driving that distance a few times a week to the frozen north east coast and then sitting on the bench on a weekend or whatever isn't exactly good for his development but I doubt going there was a good idea in the first place. Would welcome him back but it won't happen. Onwards.... 

Guys let’s move on from the Doohan love in. He’s not coming back and even if he had he’d not have been playing as we don’t start until October.

Looks like the boy in that picture may have been a trialist.

“We are a bit light numbers wise at the moment, but that’s the way you always tend to start pre-season.

“We’ve not got a lot of trialists in. I know many teams have got 14 or 15 trialists in, along with 10 signed players but that’s not the way we want to do it.

“We’ll probably have a couple of boys in at some point but the players know we’ll be adding to the squad and it will get bigger, stronger and hopefully quality will be added.”

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

Easy mistake to make.

Both played in shite teams last season but would undoubtedly have turned into superstars with us.

It's funny though, Michael Paton has a very similar profile to Steven Bell and he turned into one of our most consistent and reliable players over the past couple of seasons and a firm fans favourite, even though many had written him off.

5 hours ago, Superhursy7 said:
5 hours ago, D said:

I didn’t even notice that. Either someone from what was the reserve team or someone on trial.

He does not look like one of the young guys would love a out of the box signing like a alain horace

If Carlsberg did "imminent" tweets...........

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

And yet if you offered me Paton for Gibson I wouldn't swap. He's done. He has no pace whatsoever and spends most of the game jogging about in 1st gear. We were shocking last season and he was one of our worst players. As I said on our thread, if Gibson signing means Paton won't then that is a bonus.

1 hour ago, PearceDuff CF said:

Being very kind .

I would have a training cone before Paton .

He was done before he arrived  back at Palmerston .

We had to watch Grant Gillespie last season. I’m sure Paton won’t be as bad as him

25 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

It's funny though, Michael Paton has a very similar profile to Steven Bell and he turned into one of our most consistent and reliable players over the past couple of seasons and a firm fans favourite, even though many had written him off.

Not sure thats correct. He's easily as big a bombscare as Muirhead. Maybe just without the hot head.

Edited by Trogdor

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

QOTS fans seem very determined to bring down the good vibes on this forum with their negativity surrounding what I’m sure is an absolute baller in Michael Paton.

Even if he is shite he was still getting a game in the Championship whilst Rhys McCabe and Willie Gibson were plodding around in League 2.

Hard to argue with that. If we sign Paton and it is still if. He'll be a sub as Skyline suggested and cover within the squad.

QOTS fans seem very determined to bring down the good vibes on this forum with their negativity surrounding what I’m sure is an absolute baller in Michael Paton.

Even if he is shite he was still getting a game in the Championship whilst Rhys McCabe and Willie Gibson were plodding around in League 2.
Tbf, Paton belonged in League 2 as well. He only got a gig at this level due to the 'old pals' act from AJ.

Kerr seems to know what he’s doing in this market , people just been to give him the benefit of the doubt . If we sign this lad Paton I’m sure Kerr will have a plan . Also on the consistent dogging of Aero , give it a rest , the guy is obviously going to partner Baird who also can put it about a bit . So while neither is Fraz Beckenbauer , they are both big hardy lads who won’t brick it when it comes to a contest . I’m absolutely sure Kerr will produce the final pieces of the jigsaw and then we can look forward to a season where hopefully we can compete with every team in the division and in all conditions .