The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

2 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

FTFY.

The fact he is training with yourselves suggests he won't be returning to us thankfully.

Bold statement coming from a supporter of a club who have signed Willie Gibson and close to signing Dan Carmichael. 

20 minutes ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

Is he actually that bad? 

I had imagined that he was just a mediocre championship player.

No he's not but some of our fans had a bee in their bonnet about both him and Lewis Kidd last season who were dismissed before they arrived as past it lazy return signings and that was that but Paton did ok. Did he start often? No, not really, but he was usually one of the used subs and at times was willing to put his foot on the ball and offer a little inventiveness. He's not the speeding winger or forward we signed in 2013, that's for sure. The pace has gone. But he's a reasonable enough passer of the ball who mostly played in the middle of the park for us last season when he did play. I can't imagine he'd be a starter for Ayr either but he'll do a job off the bench and probably save Kerr himself doing that job if nothing else. He scored a couple of goals.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

57 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:
1 hour ago, D said:

I didn’t even notice that. Either someone from what was the reserve team or someone on trial.

He does not look like one of the young guys would love a out of the box signing like a alain horace

Could be Reece Kasule from the  U18 squad, the  other player looks quite young too.

When did we start training at Cumnock? 
Think that's the only suitable training ground atm because I'm sure rules state clubs must have set training 'bubble' facilities which only they use. That rules out usual Ayr Academy as it's obviously used by the school.

9 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

In the AP this week Kerr saying he sees  Chalmers as an integral part of the team this season and he's been after him for a while. Still looking at goalies but he won't be rushed into signing one.

I expect Hare-Reid will probably be goalie against Albion Rovers in the first game cause we won't have signed one yet but time will tell, all loans are last minute, look at Doohan i'm pretty sure the twice he signed it was week of season starting

Bold statement coming from a supporter of a club who have signed Willie Gibson and close to signing Dan Carmichael. 
And yet if you offered me Paton for Gibson I wouldn't swap.
Is he actually that bad? 
I had imagined that he was just a mediocre championship player.
He's done. He has no pace whatsoever and spends most of the game jogging about in 1st gear. We were shocking last season and he was one of our worst players. As I said on our thread, if Gibson signing means Paton won't then that is a bonus.

12 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

And yet if you offered me Paton for Gibson I wouldn't swap. He's done. He has no pace whatsoever and spends most of the game jogging about in 1st gear. We were shocking last season and he was one of our worst players. As I said on our thread, if Gibson signing means Paton won't then that is a bonus.

Being very kind .

I would have a training cone before Paton .

He was done before he arrived  back at Palmerston .

QOTS fans seem very determined to bring down the good vibes on this forum with their negativity surrounding what I’m sure is an absolute baller in Michael Paton.

Even if he is shite he was still getting a game in the Championship whilst Rhys McCabe and Willie Gibson were plodding around in League 2.

18 minutes ago, rb123! said:

I expect Hare-Reid will probably be goalie against Albion Rovers in the first game cause we won't have signed one yet but time will tell, all loans are last minute, look at Doohan i'm pretty sure the twice he signed it was week of season starting

We will have a goalkeeper on board before we start Betfred Cup , Kerr is looking closely at 3 keepers and has to decide who fits best , it’s not like he is desperately looking for 1 , he has narrowed down to the 3 who are all available to sign on loan 

23 hours ago, North British said:

Surely Celtic will review the Ross County fiasco and get the boy out of there and back to a club that will help him develop in the long run .

Totally agree - driving that distance a few times a week to the frozen north east coast and then sitting on the bench on a weekend or whatever isn't exactly good for his development but I doubt going there was a good idea in the first place. Would welcome him back but it won't happen. Onwards.... 

Edited by Jazzar

QOTS fans seem very determined to bring down the good vibes on this forum with their negativity surrounding what I’m sure is an absolute baller in Michael Paton.

Even if he is shite he was still getting a game in the Championship whilst Rhys McCabe and Willie Gibson were plodding around in League 2.
Pure jealousy.