The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

4 minutes ago, AyrExile said:

Seems a solid signing and not one to normally get excited about. Worth noting this season should  be somewhat different and  the standard far from the usual level. Much depends on what other teams can afford in terms of quality and having enough in reserve should covid or injuries hit. This may turn out to be a better signing than it looks tbh 

We seem to have replaced our departed stars with pretty much like for like (on paper) but added some additional quality in the form of Walsh and of course got Murdoch back which is almost like a new signing.

If we can get a keeper in that's not too much of a downgrade on Doohan and an additional striker then I'll be over the moon with our business.

1 hour ago, WATTOO said:

Just thinking back about "new signings", the one I always remembered and that I was really excited about was the ill fated Stevie Cooper from Airdrie, I always thought he was a cracking player and was over the moon when we signed him, however he got injured in pre season and never actually kicked a ball for us and of he sadly passed away just a couple of years later in a freak accident in his home.

Then there was the wee striker (forgot his name) who I really rated who we got in on loan from St Johnstone and he lasted a whole 14 minutes before getting a bad injury and never being seen again.

On the fanfare but easy to forget category had to be Mark Duthie who had looked like a world beater when playing against us but once signed looked like he was playing with a square ball !!

Yes, the highs and lows of the transfer market indeed.

Mark Duthie then went on to sign for us, did he not?  Left back, light hair, very quick if I recall correctly?  I quite liked him.

3 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Mark Duthie then went on to sign for us, did he not?  Left back, light hair, very quick if I recall correctly?  I quite liked him.

He played as a left sided attacker for Livi and looked a real player, if i remember correctly Liv owed Barr about £60k and we got Duthie in return for writing off the debt, however he was really poor with us and was a shadow of the player who had always caused us trouble when playing against us.

You're right though, that was definitely him.

Pleased that we've brought some height and a presence in Chalmers - from memory and IIRC, if he plays as well for us as he did against us for County then he'll do very nicely indeed.

As many on here have said, well done to the club for getting this one over the line. Reckon the next two (or three?) will be loanees and that's fine as long as we get the return from them as we did from the likes of Kelly and Doohan (as opposed to Miller and Tiffoney).

6 minutes ago, Jazzar said:

loanees and that's fine as long as we get the return from them as we did from the likes of Kelly and Doohan (as opposed to Miller and Tiffoney)

Surely Celtic will review the Ross County fiasco and get the boy out of there and back to a club that will help him develop in the long run .

1 hour ago, itzdrk said:

Happy with Joe coming in.  Our midfield is excellent looking for next season. 

Joe and Murdy anchoring the midfield in front of Aero and Jack with Jordon and Pat at full back . That’s a back six that are all on two year contracts and can grow together for next season . Be great if Doohan came back to give us further continuity . 

If we could get big Drinan up here ,with all his recent Ipswich development under his belt ,we’d be getting an improved player from February. That would be us about set ! We’d still have Moff , Belly , Kelly , Miller , Moore and some kids  to come in as cover . Not bad at all . Well done to Mark and his team  .