The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

3 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Going by the breadcrumbs Robbo has left us, it is someone we probably wont have heard of but has had a decent grounding. My guess would be it will be someone like Reading. Most likely Scottish, been through the Scotland international set-up but not necessarily through a Scottish club.  

Using this formula and the rough as f**k search on Transfermakt

Like Reading..................Preston...Fraser, under 19 cap, released by Sheffield Wednesday

Ruben Sammut, released by Sunderland. Formerly of Chelsea. Under 21 cap for Scotland

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/spieler/vertragslosespieler/statistik/1/plus//galerie/0?ausrichtung=alle&spielerposition_id=alle&land_id=190&altersklasse=u23&wettbewerb_id=alle&seit=2020&yt0=Show

Like Reading..................Preston...Fraser, under 19 cap, released by Sheffield Wednesday

Ruben Sammut, released by Sunderland. Formerly of Chelsea. Under 21 cap for Scotland

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/spieler/vertragslosespieler/statistik/1/plus//galerie/0?ausrichtung=alle&spielerposition_id=alle&land_id=190&altersklasse=u23&wettbewerb_id=alle&seit=2020&yt0=Show

Hopefully not Ruben Sammut he did not set the heather alight with Falkirk a few seasons back

53 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Fraser Preston would be interesting, can basically play anywhere across the attacking midfield, the other guy was at Falkirk the season they were hopeless and got relegated so not entirely sure if it's fair to judge him on being in that hopeless squad.

Still two very ambitious targets IMO

*Fraser Preston was on trial at Stockport County last week however never played in a friendly on Saturday, still makes it difficult to see him being up in Glasgow on Friday if he was at Stockport last week perhaps. Had a trial at Tranmere Rovers aswell by all accounts

Edited by rb123!

31 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Fraser Preston would be interesting, can basically play anywhere across the attacking midfield, the other guy was at Falkirk the season they were hopeless and got relegated so not entirely sure if it's fair to judge him on being in that hopeless squad.

*Fraser Preston was on trial at Stockport County last week however never played in a friendly on Saturday, still makes it difficult to see him being up in Glasgow on Friday if he was at Stockport last week perhaps. Had a trial at Tranmere Rovers aswell by all accounts

In a squad of hopelessness the likes of which have rarely been seen in the annals of association football, he fitted in perfectly, put it that way.

Tackling, heading, passing, shooting, pace, leadership... he lacked the lot.

We couldn't believe he was on the books at Chelsea, and even more so that he got a gig after us at Sunderland.

59 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Looking at the rest of the list, There are only 3 players that have any "pedigree" There is Miller that was on loan from Celtic and wasn't very good, Also Jai Quitongo and Adam Frizell, all three could have made their way to Somerset to sign for the club So I am thinking it is someone either someone Highland based (unlikely) or based down south hence the signing taking place in Glasgow. 

The only other person I can see who is on a free would be Stephen Kingsley, he is a left back where we have cover.....oh yeah, and he moved for £3 million two years ago 

1 hour ago, diegomarahenry said:

Looking at the rest of the list, There are only 3 players that have any "pedigree" There is Miller that was on loan from Celtic and wasn't very good, Also Jai Quitongo and Adam Frizell, all three could have made their way to Somerset to sign for the club So I am thinking it is someone either someone Highland based (unlikely) or based down south hence the signing taking place in Glasgow. 

The only other person I can see who is on a free would be Stephen Kingsley, he is a left back where we have cover.....oh yeah, and he moved for £3 million two years ago 

You honestly dont think that we have sunk that low that we would even be looking at players like them ! Don’t get too hung up on where signing took place , players were not in Ayr on Friday and it took place nearer to where they did train 

Edited by Robbo63

12 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

You honestly dont think that we have sunk that low that we would even be looking at players like them ! 

Oh no....They were the only other ones on the list that had played at our level or above that were free transfers on that website. 

Quitongo looked like there was a player there at the start but fell away quickly, Miller looks like he has never developed past an excellent boys club player. Frizell, I don't know much about but I think he played in the 2017 Betfred cup game.  

5 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Oh no....They were the only other ones on the list that had played at our level or above that were free transfers on that website. 

Quitongo looked like there was a player there at the start but fell away quickly, Miller looks like he has never developed past an excellent boys club player. Frizell, I don't know much about but I think he played in the 2017 Betfred cup game.  

Frizzel was the one who was meant to be marking Geggan at the corner. Good guy imo. 

1 hour ago, diegomarahenry said:

So I am thinking it is someone either someone Highland based (unlikely) or based down south hence the signing taking place in Glasgow. 

Why unlikely ? After all Welsh played up there !  Also most players up there are from down here huh ?