The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 hour ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Literally just signed 2 minutes ago in Glasgow , will be announced when he comes to  Somerset on Monday/Tuesday, distinct possibility that the name will come out prior to then , but my feelings is when photo is ready  

Edited by Robbo63

Literally just signed 2 minutes ago in Glasgow , will be announced when he comes to  Somerset on Monday/Tuesday, distinct possibility that the name will come out prior to then , but my feelings is when photo is ready  

Longest weekend ever.

20 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Will the majority of us be happy / pleased do you think ?

Actually, when I think about it and to answer my own question, we could sign messi and some would be critical and have doubts about whether he was "past it" etc !!

Not that I'm aiming high or anything !!

29 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Will the majority of us be happy / pleased do you think ?

Honestly don’t know name as player was not at club today  , Mark Kerr just said  deal is done and paperwork completed 

Edited by Robbo63

Have we got any bounce games lined up before we face Albion a Rovers? Am I right in thinking that players don’t currently need testing to train however if they were to participate in a bounce games against another club they would need tested?

5 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Have we got any bounce games lined up before we face Albion a Rovers? Am I right in thinking that players don’t currently need testing to train however if they were to participate in a bounce games against another club they would need tested?

Clubs that are playing under a testing regime need to be tested to play. Clubs that are not don't.

So if you aren't currently testing (and you don't have to outside the Premiership right now) then you can train and play friendlies from Monday against other clubs who are not testing. If you ARE testing then you can only play other clubs who are as I understand it. Which is why Hearts have been playing friendlies against English sides and Premier reserve sides, etc but everyone else hasn't played at all yet.

As it stands non Premier sides will have to start testing to play competitively but as long as they avoid testing clubs at the moment they can play another club who are doing the same.

39 minutes ago, cop said:

Read somewhere that were playing Partick on 30th September at firhill

We have 3 friendlies lined up , 2 premiership clubs and 1 first division club ,they could be premier reserve sides , rumour is it’s St Mirren , Motherwell and wee Jobbys mob 

Edited by Robbo63

30 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Clubs that are playing under a testing regime need to be tested to play. Clubs that are not don't.

So if you aren't currently testing (and you don't have to outside the Premiership right now) then you can train and play friendlies from Monday against other clubs who are not testing. If you ARE testing then you can only play other clubs who are as I understand it. Which is why Hearts have been playing friendlies against English sides and Premier reserve sides, etc but everyone else hasn't played at all yet.

As it stands non Premier sides will have to start testing to play competitively but as long as they avoid testing clubs at the moment they can play another club who are doing the same.

I thought they said they weren’t going to enforce testing for lower league sides in Scotland as it would be too much of a financial burden for them 

46 minutes ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

I know this is probably an obvious question but is there any particular reason why signings can't be announced during weekends??  

We can , but if you notice we do 99% of our announcements when player is at club being interviewed , by the time the signing came through tonight officials had left the office