The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

12 minutes ago, Kitty_Boy said:

Seems a bit early for folk to be at the beating-your-fists-on-the-ground-and-crying-let-me-in stage, but there you go. 

However, it would be good to have a bit more clarity - from all Championship clubs (preferably a unified approach) - around streaming of games etc. if fans aren't allowed into  grounds by the time the season starts, which looks increasing likely.

What do you need clarity on? The rules are inherently unified because it's all based on what the SPFL allows. The only thing not necessarily unified is the price of it and since officially clubs haven't been given the go ahead to confirm individual match streams will be allowed, they clearly can't publish pricing either.

12 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

FW started it with his two for Thursday.

I would go with these two posts below being the ones that kicked it all off lol

2 hours ago, HMIP said:

Nope.  Typical home crowd at Ayr is less than 2k in a stadium that can hold over 10,000.  Out in the open air, wearing a face mask if required.  It’s an insult to people’s intelligence to say that’s less safe than being in a crowded pub, a sweaty gym or sealed inside an aeroplane. 

2 hours ago, Rodders1910 said:
3 hours ago, HMIP said:
Sick and tired of Sturgeons attitude.  Her government is driving our game towards disaster.  How the hell can it be safe to open pubs and restaurants but not safe to have limited crowds at football?  How long can clubs like Ayr realistically survive with no match day income?

Surely easy to understand how a football stadium with thousands of people in attendance is more dangerous than a pub/restaurant?

On the topic of fans at Somerset. I’d rather (and I’m sure the players would as well) have some fans at the ground than none. Honestly you could space 500 home fans around Somerset easily, plus we’d all be wearing face coverings and we’d be OUTSIDE. I’d prefer to take my chances at a less than quarter full Somerset than in a busy pub/restaurant indoors which nobody seems to turn an eye at 

2 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

none. Honestly you could space 500 home fans around Somerset easily, plus we’d all be wearing face coverings and we’d be OUTSIDE. I’d prefer to take my chances at a less than quarter full Somerset than in a busy pub/restaurant indoors which nobody seems to turn an eye at 

100% This.

19 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

On the topic of fans at Somerset. I’d rather (and I’m sure the players would as well) have some fans at the ground than none. Honestly you could space 500 home fans around Somerset easily, plus we’d all be wearing face coverings and we’d be OUTSIDE. I’d prefer to take my chances at a less than quarter full Somerset than in a busy pub/restaurant indoors which nobody seems to turn an eye at 

Agreed. On a risk basis a pub or restaurant is more risky. There is ample room for 500 people to socially distance at Somerset. I guess the only issue may be access and egress? Logistically thats probably the big issue.

I have been to a beer garden once since March. It was in July, when you weren't allowed inside pubs and it was not socially distanced. Perhaps not the best example but I haven't been out for a beer since. 🤣

Edited by Trogdor

15 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Agreed. On a risk basis a pub or restaurant is more risky. There is ample room for 500 people to socially distance at Somerset. I guess the only issue may be access and egress? Logistically thats probably the big issue.

I have been to a beer garden once since March. It was in July, when you weren't allowed inside pubs and it was not socially distanced. Perhaps not the best example but I haven't been out for a beer since. 🤣

Big gate open at away end, North terrace and SRE with a socially distended queue at each. In terms of leaving - each gate is shut and those in the North terrace leave from that side etc. 

I think several people are exaggerating the risk factor - as you say there are far more issues within a restaurant or bar. I think any issues at the football can be resolved relatively easily.