The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

3 minutes ago, somerset_lad said:

This

It’s clear that Smiths tactics have played a big part in Raith not going up. I reckon both of those players would’ve flourished this season in our team and would be good players for next season.

The Vaughan rumour has certainly came out of nowhere though. Maybe bigger clubs put off by his recent performances.

I really can't see the Vaughan one - he is under contract.  Unless he has a release clause or something, I cant see us paying a fee.  There's definitely something to it though - a Raith employee who is pals with my mate from work (Pars fan) mentioned it on Monday. 

28 minutes ago, Hursty said:

Didn't realise Furtado was so young - i'd take him (and Vaughan) from Raith in a second. I reckon Moff, Moore and possibly even Shankland would have struggled in a team that played the style Raith did. 

Re: Furtado - i was bored this morning so was scrolling through our 17/18 pre season thread and a Stenny fan at one point posted out the blue saying we were signing him - he ended up at Airdrie but I wonder if there was any truth in it.

I was feeling smug reading the chat of a year ago though...some on here raging at Crawford, Moore, Rose,and Adams being re-signed until I saw myself say something like 'not convinced at all by McDaid, and Meggat a massive miss'.  Balloon burst. 

Knew it.

1 hour ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Only seen Raith play in the two games at Somerset, but based on that I wasn't impressed with any of them and wouldn't take any of them. Especially not Barr.

Never saw anything from Raith I would want, fkn rank

48 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Just read that elsewhere.

No idea what the rules are in terms of that - if we could offer him an amateur deal too.

Assuming the more he impresses at a higher level, the more chance someone will take the chance of signing him properly.

It will be a similar situation to Tiff I take it, would need to be amateur until 23. 

Really good interview with McCall from AU Media that’s just went up.

Hopefully exciting times ahead.

In terms of Shankland potentially signing what he says is spot on. I won’t be able to make every home game due to work but if Shankland signs I imagine I’ll be straight over getting a season [emoji23]

It was good to hear McCall acknowledge the injury problems that kept happening and nearly spoiled our season. This also happened the previous two campaigns and turning full time was supposed to help stop this. If we keep signing the same players again and again how can we expect this not to happen next season? It’s ok in league one but realistically we will need a strong team each week to help avoid the drop.    

23 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Good interview with McCall on AU Media. Targeting the promotion playoffs next season. 

Haven't watched yet but good that he said that's the target for next season. Always felt that saying the target was to finish 8th the last time in the Championship put us on survival mode from the start. Pretty confident he will take the lessons from that season and not make the same mistakes again. If we do that then there's every chance of having a good one.

Sounds like we might get to see Ecrepont next season as well. He must be decent if McCall was talking about bringing him in for the Alloa game.

If it’s 5 players that he’s trying to bring in then it’ll probably be 2 fullbacks that can get forward, a centre half, a goalie and a midfielder.

Obviously if Shankland or Moore leaves then we’ll need someone up front but it’ll be a very interesting summer ahead.

Hopefully this week we can tie some of the current players down.

Will listen to the interview later but sounds promising.

Surprised we're aiming as high as the promotion Play-offs but if we keep the good players we've got and improve upon that for next season I'll be looking forward to it.

32 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Adams isn’t interested in the sun. Farming is his life.

Crawford and Higgins also not there. 

Higgins was there just not in that photo. Crawford couldn’t get permission from the other half I’m reliably told :lol:

10 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Higgins was there just not in that photo. Crawford couldn’t get permission from the other half I’m reliably told :lol:

:lol:

Aiming for the playoffs is a good hope to work towards, can see the throbbers in our support digging this up as a quote should we not make them though.

Spoiler

He can aim wherever he likes, we would all be more than happy just to be there for a second season at any cost :lol: