The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

32 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

Drinan starting for Ipswich again tonight.

He's only played in friendlies though and mickey mouse cup games against premier league U21's, that tournament tonight is England's equivalent of the Irn Bru Cup, still think come start of season he'll get plonked on the bench. He spoke earlier on tonight and sounds like someone who fancies staying around at Ipswich, would make sense for Lambert to keep a hold of him for a few weeks to see where he's placed in the squad once the league gets underway and if he's not playing then he might come up to us.

Can see this coming down to the week before the season starts to see whether he comes to us or not, important thing is Kerr doesn't get caught up in this and we're scrambling about at the last minute for a striker. 

3 minutes ago, rb123! said:

He's only played in friendlies though and mickey mouse cup games against premier league U21's, that tournament tonight is England's equivalent of the Irn Bru Cup, still think come start of season he'll get plonked on the bench. He spoke earlier on tonight and sounds like someone who fancies staying around at Ipswich, would make sense for Lambert to keep a hold of him for a few weeks to see where he's placed in the squad once the league gets underway and if he's not playing then he might come up to us.

Can see this coming down to the week before the season starts to see whether he comes to us or not, important thing is Kerr doesn't get caught up in this and we're scrambling about at the last minute for a striker. 

Aye, Drinan is clearly the preferred option but Kerr mustn’t put all his eggs in the one basket. We need to have a back up option as a striker is crucial as Moore, Moffat and McKenzie isn’t enough and I wouldn’t fancy any of them as regular starters. 

51 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

Drinan starting for Ipswich again tonight.

He is on the radar at Ayr , he is not one of the couple of players Mark Kerr is looking to announce in the next 3/4 days , he at best will be one of the loanees who will likely arrive early October as not needed until then and we can sit back and let their parent club meet their wages 

He is on the radar at Ayr , he is not one of the couple of players Mark Kerr is looking to announce in the next 3/4 days , he at best will be one of the loanees who will likely arrive early October as not needed until then and we can sit back and let their parent club meet their wages 
Sounds like it's going to be a busy end of week at Somerset!!

1 hour ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Aye, Drinan is clearly the preferred option but Kerr mustn’t put all his eggs in the one basket. We need to have a back up option as a striker is crucial as Moore, Moffat and McKenzie isn’t enough and I wouldn’t fancy any of them as regular starters. 

Pretty sure he’s aware of this tbh. 

3 minutes ago, rb123! said:

"Standing strictly prohibited", that's going to work well for us then.....

Given the recent rise in cases of COVID I’d be very surprised if there is a decent amount of fans allowed into Somerset this side of Christmas.

Really surprised the test events have been allowed to go ahead however seeing the amount of restrictions with it it doesn’t sound like the most pleasurable experience. 

5 minutes ago, rb123! said:

We will surely be able to accommodate 500 or so in the main/family stand. Least that would cover season ticket holders.

plus the Aberdeen game is only a trial.

16 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Easily explained ! Aberdeen is an all seated stadium and they are reiterating that you cannot stand in seated areas to watch game 

Edited by Robbo63

14 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Given the recent rise in cases of COVID I’d be very surprised if there is a decent amount of fans allowed into Somerset this side of Christmas.

Really surprised the test events have been allowed to go ahead however seeing the amount of restrictions with it it doesn’t sound like the most pleasurable experience. 

It really looks straight forward , just stating keep distance and follow hygiene guidelines that you should be doing currently, temperature check is about the only thing that should take any length of time ( timings to arrive are being done due to it being in a testing environment) and they can dictate for this event when you arrive to let the training take place with stewarding the checks required 

Edited by Robbo63

2 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

It really looks straight forward , just stating keep distance and follow hygiene guidelines that you should be doing currently, temperature check is about the only thing that should take any length of time 

Yeah it’s straight forward but I was more meaning the match day experience doesn’t sound the most pleasurable I.e. no singing or celebrating goals etc.  It’s of course better than nothing but not great. 

Just now, ayrunitedfw said:

Yeah it’s straight forward but I was more meaning the match day experience doesn’t sound the most pleasurable I.e. no singing or celebrating goals etc.  It’s of course better than nothing but not great. 

Agree with you on that 

Heard third (fourth?) hand a rumour that we have goalkeepers in at training from two English teams. Could be entirely made up but fits with how I presume we will go about looking for a goalkeeper. 

16 hours ago, itzdrk said:

I wouldn't be all that bothered about Drinan coming back nor would I be against it.  I'm sure Kerr could find better if he needed to. 

Same. He’s an over hyped player that people on here seem desperate to sign. Saying that , if he comes back then it’s another body in the ranks 

I want Drinan back but I wouldn’t be totally gutted if he isn’t however the striker needs to be a big target man similar to Drinan. Jack Hamilton at Livingston who was at qots would of been an ideal option but I see he’s signed for East Fife.