The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

That a few squad numbers confirmed.

Tom Walsh taking the number 10 and Andy Murdoch taking number 6.

3 hours ago, DeStevie said:

Kelly is a good player but struggling to remember a game last season he took by scruff of neck and totally dictated 

Fair comment but at this level (and in most of the games I've watched in the league above us) are there many midfielders who can do that? I'll settle for a hard worker who makes and scores goals and gets in some telling tackles. Kelly fits that description for me and, as a young lad learning his trade, that'll do for me.

Meanwhile, I've genuinely moved on from him and I can't wait for us to start playing again - always the same for me at this time of year.   

Fair comment but at this level (and in most of the games I've watched in the league above us) are there many midfielders who can do that? I'll settle for a hard worker who makes and scores goals and gets in some telling tackles. Kelly fits that description for me and, as a young lad learning his trade, that'll do for me.
Meanwhile, I've genuinely moved on from him and I can't wait for us to start playing again - always the same for me at this time of year.   

Aye it’s strange how quickly you forget about departing players when the news guys start coming in.

9 minutes ago, Jazzar said:

Ross County have an abundance of Centre Mids. It was always going to be difficult for him to get into the team. 

17 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I really hope Kerr still plays tbh. He’s still got another year left in him I think and will be useful even if he only plays a dozen or so games.

I agree he still has a role, although I don't think he'll start all that many games. Wondering whether he's looking at another midfielder as he hasnt replaced himself yet.

I agree he still has a role, although I don't think he'll start all that many games. Wondering whether he's looking at another midfielder as he hasnt replaced himself yet.

I think at least one more midfielder will come in. Probably a loan player.

5 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

I’d imagine maybe 2 midfielders on loan! If the Dembelle rumour is true then that would be one hell of a signing. I can also see us wanting a versatile player that can play there and left back 

You are aware Dembele isn’t a rumour and just someone who was suggested? 

16 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

I really hope Kerr still plays tbh. He’s still got another year left in him I think and will be useful even if he only plays a dozen or so games.

The Ayr Advertiser said he’d “retired” from playing in one of their articles a few months back. Pretty certain they made that up as I saw this “news” nowhere else 😂

6 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

The Ayr Advertiser said he’d “retired” from playing in one of their articles a few months back. Pretty certain they made that up as I saw this “news” nowhere else 😂

Even as a bit part player to come on and see out the last 5-10 minutes of tight games he'd be useful.