The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

45 minutes ago, North British said:

I don’t think McLennan is too far fetched , he is currently fourth or fifth choice up there and when Sam Cosgrove gets back his first team chances will get slimmer . We all know the importance of boys of his age getting games . Maybe Hartley has taken notice of what we did with LS , Rose and Harvie and rather than just free boys who are U21 international class ,better to put them out to a club with a record of giving them games and good coaching (Ross County need not apply) . If they come back to Aberdeen still unable to break in then they can always be released then. At leat they can be assured  that they didn’t through the baby out with the bath water . Hartley also say in the interview after the Hibs game that a few of his younger players would be going out on loan . 

Anyway we can’t have U21 squads without Ayr United players in it , it’s just wrong .

I’m not going to take anything someone who seems to think Paul Hartley is the manager of Aberdeen says seriously. 

56 minutes ago, North British said:

I don’t think McLennan is too far fetched , he is currently fourth or fifth choice up there and when Sam Cosgrove gets back his first team chances will get slimmer . We all know the importance of boys of his age getting games . Maybe Hartley has taken notice of what we did with LS , Rose and Harvie and rather than just free boys who are U21 international class ,better to put them out to a club with a record of giving them games and good coaching (Ross County need not apply) . If they come back to Aberdeen still unable to break in then they can always be released then. At leat they can be assured  that they didn’t through the baby out with the bath water . Hartley also say in the interview after the Hibs game that a few of his younger players would be going out on loan . 

Anyway we can’t have U21 squads without Ayr United players in it , it’s just wrong .

McLennan is neither a centre forward, nor is he likely to drop down to this level. Premiership clubs have been trying to loan him for a full year without success.

19 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

McLennan is neither a centre forward, nor is he likely to drop down to this level. Premiership clubs have been trying to loan him for a full year without success.

Have you emailed St Johnstone about getting him in? 

Aye, but James Scott moved for over £1m last season, and McLennan has played in 2 of Aberdeens 4 games this season, which is why I was a bit confused.
Tbh I never really looked into stats much, were just suggestions going by the under 21's squad considering we've had players at our level in that setup the last couple of years

Anderson did well on loan at Dunfermline a while ago although doesn’t fit the bill of the big physical striker that I think Kerr will be looking for.

Still think we might see two strikers coming in and Mark McKenzie being loaned out again.
Anderson played for Aberdeen against celtic so I think he's less realistic than McLennan

I mentioned Dembelle as a good loan move about a month back.... Would be amazing signing.... 

Also think Templeton would love a bash with us... When he was at hearts few years back he came into my old work Hearts tracksuit bottoms and an Ayr United top... So he definately has as affiliation to the club. 

Possibly fancies couple of years at club he supports??? 

On 04/09/2020 at 20:21, Robbo63 said:

We also stole him from another 1 Scottish club in the Premiership and 2 clubs in the English 1st and 2nd division , he came to us as we offered a 2 year contract 

I didn't think players at our level signed 2 year contracts? 

Its a well banged drum, but imagine the financial position we'd have been in as a club had Shankland and Rose, to name but 2, been offered the same. To an extent, we call the shots on a transfer fee and then get included various clauses to the buying club. It's how clubs like ours should be operating. 

When these players arrived at the club and began showing their undoubted talents in the early stage of their time with us, they would've signed 2 year contracts with us, I have no doubt about that. We're seeing them day in, day out, no point offering extensions when their talents are out there for the footballing world to see. 

Delighted we're thinking differently with regards to recruitment but galling it's came after a time when 2 generational talents have been and gone. 

Edited by BukyOHare

4 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

Its a well banged drum, but imagine the financial position we'd have been in as a club had Shankland and Rose, to name but 2, been offered the same. To an extent, we call the shots on a transfer fee and then get included various clauses to the buying club. It's how clubs like ours should be operating. 

When these players arrived at the club and began showing their undoubted talents in the early stage of their time with us, they would've signed 2 year contracts with us, I have no doubt about that. We're seeing them day in, day out, no point offering extensions when their talents are out there for the footballing world to see. 

Delighted we're thinking differently with regards to recruitment but galling it's came after a time when 2 generational talents have been and gone. 

Certain players don’t want to sign for two years. Take Tom Walsh as an example we initially tried to sign him on a two year deal but he only wanted one year. He’s obviously not wanting to be tied down by ourselves and if he has as good a season as we hope then he’ll be off to the premiership next season either with ourselves or otherwise. 

19 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

The younger ones who think they are moving up in the world are unlikely to generally. Jack Baird is 24, has already had a go at the Premiership and been unable to get a regular place at a bottom end club and, especially with the uncertainty around Covid and how long football might be seriously disrupted for, is probably desperate to take a multi year deal at Championship level. Covid has certainly moved the goalposts. If anything the other way. I posted about it on the Raith thread a week or so back but I'm surprised any club at our level is offering two year deals to be honest unless for a very special or young player to improve their chances of a good deal if they move on (or unless there are shutdown get out clauses of course). It's certainly risky with no absolute certainty about when crowds will properly be allowed again and whether there might be future lockdowns. The Govt won't continue to cover wages in future situations.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

2 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

The younger ones who think they are moving up in the world are unlikely to generally. Jack Baird is 24, has already had a go at the Premiership and been unable to get a regular place at a bottom end club and, especially with the uncertainty around Covid and how long football might be seriously disrupted for, is probably desperate to take a multi year deal at Championship level. Covid has certainly moved the goalposts. If anything the other way. I posted about it on the Raith thread a week or so back but I'm surprised any club at our level is offering two year deals to be honest unless for a very special or young player to improve their chances of a good deal if they move on (or unless there are shutdown get out clauses of course). It's certainly risky with no absolute certainty about when crowds will properly be allowed again and whether there might be future lockdowns. The Govt won't continue to cover wages in future situations.

The guys burky mentioned were both on a downward spiral, so I've no doubt that they'd both have signed 2 year deals if offered, as did Harvie who had a very similar profile.

1 hour ago, BukyOHare said:

Changes to board is bringing us to a level we should be operating , and where we should have been almost 3 seasons ago , unfortunately we can’t change the past and we certainly look like a team who is looking to the future , long  may it continue 

1 hour ago, BukyOHare said:

I think players are looking for a bit more security atm so, at least with us, they are signing two year deals. Could be a good thing or it could backfire.

5 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

I’m not going to take anything someone who seems to think Paul Hartley is the manager of Aberdeen says seriously. 

Oops  always getting those two beardies mixed up , your correct I should have said Derek McInnes .