The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

2 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Osman Sow is available.

Oh no.....

Connor McLennan or James Scott, 2 strikers from under 21's??? Just guessing really, they play on Tuesday night for U21's though so would fit in with Robbo saying yesterday don't be concerned if the signing doesn't happen at the beginning of the week.....

It could be anyone in any position , does not necessarily need to be an out and out centre forward , just that all positions will be covered , I would hope he is a player who is capable of playing a couple of positions ,I honestly don’t know the name just been told he is a very decent player and they are glad to have got him over a couple of other teams 

11 hours ago, callum-ayr said:

Hardly played this season and Livi have a few strikers on their books. Chris Kane at St Johnstone another that falls into that bracket. 

Not sure why you've plucked that from.

Kane plays pretty much every game for us when fit and is one of only 3 senior strikers at the club. 

In saying that, compared to shouts for McLennan and Scott (both of whom would quite easily walk into top flight sides if they weren't, also, regulars for their current clubs when fit), Kane is a sensible shout.

Waiting for Stevie May to get mentioned again tbh.

25 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Not sure why you've plucked that from.

Kane plays pretty much every game for us when fit and is one of only 3 senior strikers at the club. 

In saying that, compared to shouts for McLennan and Scott (both of whom would quite easily walk into top flight sides if they weren't, also, regulars for their current clubs when fit), Kane is a sensible shout.

Waiting for Stevie May to get mentioned again tbh.

It was just a quick flick through strikers in the premiership to be honest. The 2 mentioned were strikers who haven’t been in squads or only picked up a handful of minutes in games this season that would possibly fall into the Jack Baird bracket of possibly being released and looking for a club. Nothing concrete at all. 

Just now, callum-ayr said:

It was just a quick flick through strikers in the premiership to be honest. The 2 mentioned were strikers who haven’t been in squads or only picked up a handful of minutes in games this season that would possibly fall into the Jack Baird bracket of possibly being released and looking for a club. Nothing concrete at all. 

Aye, but James Scott moved for over £1m last season, and McLennan has played in 2 of Aberdeens 4 games this season, which is why I was a bit confused.

16 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Aye, but James Scott moved for over £1m last season, and McLennan has played in 2 of Aberdeens 4 games this season, which is why I was a bit confused.

Aye they shouts are a bit pie in the sky. For once I tried to at least show a bit of logic. 

Tony Watt, come on down! 

It could be anyone in any position , does not necessarily need to be an out and out centre forward , just that all positions will be covered , I would hope he is a player who is capable of playing a couple of positions ,I honestly don’t know the name just been told he is a very decent player and they are glad to have got him over a couple of other teams 

Aye I don’t know why but I don’t see it being a recognisable name. It’ll be someone that Kerr and McArdle have done their homework on and reckon he’ll do really well. As much as we need a GK I really hope we bring in a striker that’s worth getting excited about.

I don’t think McLennan is too far fetched , he is currently fourth or fifth choice up there and when Sam Cosgrove gets back his first team chances will get slimmer . We all know the importance of boys of his age getting games . Maybe Hartley has taken notice of what we did with LS , Rose and Harvie and rather than just free boys who are U21 international class ,better to put them out to a club with a record of giving them games and good coaching (Ross County need not apply) . If they come back to Aberdeen still unable to break in then they can always be released then. At leat they can be assured  that they didn’t through the baby out with the bath water . Hartley also say in the interview after the Hibs game that a few of his younger players would be going out on loan . 

Anyway we can’t have U21 squads without Ayr United players in it , it’s just wrong .

Anderson did well on loan at Dunfermline a while ago although doesn’t fit the bill of the big physical striker that I think Kerr will be looking for.

Still think we might see two strikers coming in and Mark McKenzie being loaned out again.

36 minutes ago, North British said:

Maybe Hartley has taken notice of what we did with LS , Rose and Harvie and rather than just free boys who are U21 international class ,better to put them out to a club with a record of giving them games and good coaching (Ross County need not apply) . 

😆 the nick of this. Just because Ross Doohan and Stephen Kelly are not immediately first choice a level up! 

Edited by Skyline Drifter