The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

What?
Was just meaning in hypethetical terms that instead of getting a bang average goalie nobody has ever heard of which many think will happen. We'll get some highly rated youth keeper from a big club down south like Leeds.

Wishful thinking I know lol

Was just meaning in hypethetical terms that instead of getting a bang average goalie nobody has ever heard of which many think will happen. We'll get some highly rated youth keeper from a big club down south like Leeds.

Wishful thinking I know lol

Ah right

Had my hopes up we’d been linked to an actual player.

52 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

It's really not.

Clubs look after their own affairs, and try to get the best squad they can. From that point, they use them to get the best results they can.

If there subs are good enough to be playing then they'll get their chance and take it.

Yes they are two good young talents, but they've decided, in discussion with their parent club, that county is the way to go.

So thanks for what you did, and good luck. By all means we can keep an eye on ex player development but game updates when there actually is none is too far.

You realise people discuss theirlunch and dinner options on this thread...

To be fair to this Rohan Ferguson, he spent last season on loan at Linfield FC and played 30 times, conceding 24 goals and keeping 13 clean sheets along with 6 appearances in Europa League qualifiers. 

When you compare it to Doohan he played 27 games, conceded 35 and kept 8 clean sheets. I know it's difficult to compare between two different goalies in different leagues but still....

On paper that's not too shabby, i think we could do worse than him and if i was a betting man i'd be putting my money on Rohan Ferguson being our new GK.

With all the chat of season ticket sales, I'm currently reading a book and one of the chapters is about the make up of attendances at football clubs, in the English Divisions I should add at this point. 

The scenario they painted was team A plays team B in front of a hypothetical crowd of 15,000 home fans. 

Only 50% of those home fans will have attended the corresponding fixture from last season between the same two teams with the same hypothetical sized crowd. That really really surprised me. Those in attendance will of course still be "fans" of the club but to varying degrees for a variety of reasons. 

I suspect at our level the percentage will be higher but it still gets you thinking of the makeup of a teams home attendance and how if at all, clubs can use that information to grow attendances. 

The first person who mentions a billboard at Whitletts roundabout gets rightly derided. 😂

1 hour ago, BukyOHare said:

With all the chat of season ticket sales, I'm currently reading a book and one of the chapters is about the make up of attendances at football clubs, in the English Divisions I should add at this point. 

The scenario they painted was team A plays team B in front of a hypothetical crowd of 15,000 home fans. 

Only 50% of those home fans will have attended the corresponding fixture from last season between the same two teams with the same hypothetical sized crowd. That really really surprised me. Those in attendance will of course still be "fans" of the club but to varying degrees for a variety of reasons. 

I suspect at our level the percentage will be higher but it still gets you thinking of the makeup of a teams home attendance and how if at all, clubs can use that information to grow attendances. 

The first person who mentions a billboard at Whitletts roundabout gets rightly derided. 😂

Put some flyers up in the pubs. 

They should let kids in free. I went as a young kid and that was me hooked for life before I got brainwashed at school from the old firm massive.

Plus if they let kids in free most will go with a paying adult and hopefully spend more money on food and merchandise. I know kids season tickets are currently quite cheap but the physiological aspect of it being free for kids could increase the adult gate.

Certainly in the long run free kids would pay off as I'm sure a large percentage will return as adults and even take their kids.

4 minutes ago, ftk said:

They should let kids in free. I went as a young kid and that was me hooked for life before I got brainwashed at school from the old firm massive.

Plus if they let kids in free most will go with a paying adult and hopefully spend more money on food and merchandise. I know kids season tickets are currently quite cheap but the physiological aspect of it being free for kids could increase the adult gate.

Certainly in the long run free kids would pay off as I'm sure a large percentage will return as adults and even take their kids.

Not sure it drives  up the adult numbers , under 12 season tickets work out at only £1.15 per game and over the last few seasons it’s the Panda Pals  tickets which are showing the biggest increase as most adults with kids are purchasing them along with theirs 

Does anyone know why clubs have not been not allowed to show live games  in the UK but are allowed to brodcast them outside the UK?   I would have thought this could have been a good income source for clubs.  I live in the NE of England and it is impractical to travel to all Ayr home and away games.  i would definitely buy a season ticket if it allowed me to either attend or watch home games.  I would also pay to watch streamed Ayr games from places like Arbroath and Inverness even if the price was similar to that paid on the gate.   I imagine that there wil be others in different locations the UK that would do the same.

2 minutes ago, stevep56 said:

Does anyone know why clubs have not been not allowed to show live games  in the UK but are allowed to brodcast them outside the UK?   I would have thought this could have been a good income source for clubs.  I live in the NE of England and it is impractical to travel to all Ayr home and away games.  i would definitely buy a season ticket if it allowed me to either attend or watch home games.  I would also pay to watch streamed Ayr games from places like Arbroath and Inverness even if the price was similar to that paid on the gate.   I imagine that there wil be others in different locations the UK that would do the same.

Someone like Robbo or SD may be able to shed more light, but I think it's something to do with primarily with broadcasting contracts.  For example, Sky would not be happy if all the other games could be streamed as it may eat into their Scottish/UK audience and therefore reduce subscriptions/advertising revenue.    I would expect there is also the idea that it helps protect attendances by ensuring the only place to watch the game live is in the stadium.  

8 minutes ago, stevep56 said:

Does anyone know why clubs have not been not allowed to show live games  in the UK but are allowed to brodcast them outside the UK?

The 3pm blackout rule was introduced to prevent football fans sitting at home watching foreign games instead of travelling to their local stadium and potentially spending money over and above admission.

If you're on about the current situation, clubs are allowed to broadcast in the UK as the blackout rule has been lifted until "attendance restrictions are lifted".

Someone like Robbo or SD may be able to shed more light, but I think it's something to do with primarily with broadcasting contracts.  For example, Sky would not be happy if all the other games could be streamed as it may eat into their Scottish/UK audience and therefore reduce subscriptions/advertising revenue.    I would expect there is also the idea that it helps protect attendances by ensuring the only place to watch the game live is in the stadium.  

Yeah it was brought up on another thread a wee while ago and IIRC countries or TV broadcasters decide a slot where games aren’t streamed. It’s why you won’t get a 3:00pm game on tele over here but because of COVID this rule has been waived for a season (or until fans are allowed, there’s a bit of uncertainty over this).

Yeah it was brought up on another thread a wee while ago and IIRC countries or TV broadcasters decide a slot where games aren’t streamed. It’s why you won’t get a 3:00pm game on tele over here but because of COVID this rule has been waived for a season (or until fans are allowed, there’s a bit of uncertainty over this).
What uncertainty? The rules are pretty clear that it's while there are restrictions on fans attending.

Of course, that might end up being all season

What uncertainty? The rules are pretty clear that it's while there are restrictions on fans attending.

Of course, that might end up being all season

That’s what I was referring to.

No one knows yet if clubs will have to stop streaming once restrictions are lifted or if they can keep doing so until the end of the season.

That’s what I was referring to.

No one knows yet if clubs will have to stop streaming once restrictions are lifted or if they can keep doing so until the end of the season.
Yes, they do. The rules as they stand allow for streaming while there are fan restrictions.

Unless the rules are changed, club's will have to stop streaming in the UK once restrictions are lifted.

The restrictions might be in place all season but that's a different question.

15 minutes ago, Mr X said:

Yes, they do. The rules as they stand allow for streaming while there are fan restrictions.

Unless the rules are changed, club's will have to stop streaming in the UK once restrictions are lifted.

The restrictions might be in place all season but that's a different question.

Yeah this. There is no confusion despite Leo from Alloa attempting to generate some. The rule is black and white. The right to live stream in the UK lasts only while attendance restrictions apply. Whilst it seems very likely that will be all season, if restrictions were lifted in January thats an end to the live streaming. 

As for the original question, live streaming domestically isnt allowed as exclusive live coverage is a condition of the broadcast rights sold by the League to Sky, BBC etc. The 3pm saturday blackout is a different question and is to protect live attendances but even if you moved all your game to a different timeslot you still couldnt live stream domestically due to the broadcast contracts.