The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Jamie Adams put himself in the firing line for his team, his fellow players and the fans.

The guy had his face broken in bits.

He is an all round good guy*

Somerset Park cult hero - has his own song too

*ok, most farmers I’ve met are total wankers, until you get to know them a bit more

49 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Must admit I find the Jamie Adams love in slightly cringy. No doubt he was a decent enough player for us but there’s plenty more who have done more and get no where near the same attention. 

You wanted him binned to keep Paul Cairney! 

4 hours ago, itzdrk said:

You wanted him binned to keep Paul Cairney! 

A statement I have since said I got wrong so not sure what your point is. 

Anyways, we expecting a Terrific Thursday or Friyay this week? 

We’ve not done a Friyay since last summer I think so it’s well overdue.

54 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Don't worry about it, we all remember when Itzdrk said he was going to plead with McCall not to sign Shankland, and wasn't wanting Geggan and Moff signed too.

19 minutes ago, GaryMc93 said:

Ignoring the fact last week he was on trial at Swindon. Would Thistle fans be able to cope if Reece Cole signed for us over them?

More likely to see a midfielder with the same initials IMO

Agree totally but if he'd been out on loan in L2 or L1 and done well then it stands to reason you'd have more confidence in him contributing in the Championship. 
That's all I'm saying, Ive never seen him play, but the very best of luck to him if he gets opportunities. 
Players from the academy making the grade should be a big part of our identity as a club. 
For our 4th choice cb i don't think we can be looking for any more than one of our promising youngsters.

Seems perfect to me. These young players do need to be tested, and i think you're exaggerating the differences in the lower leagues (trying not to mention fucking talbot).
In fairness it might just be people referring to him as “the big farmer”  that makes my blood boil. 
That's literally what he is.

Would be a brilliant signing to play next to Murdoch, plus the reaction of the SRE would be beautiful. 

No wonder no one rates him when he was punted out wide in a position he clearly isn’t suited to at this level. McCall completely shafted him in that regard.

4 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

No wonder no one rates him when he was punted out wide in a position he clearly isn’t suited to at this level. McCall completely shafted him in that regard.

His goal at the Railway End cutting in off the left against Raith I think it was, was a thing of beauty. 

You need a goal threat from midfield and if it was to happen, I'd be delighted. My only concern wouldn't be whether he's good enough, there's just always that nagging doubt things just aren't the same 2nd time round for players and managers returning to their previous clubs. 

28 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

For our 4th choice cb i don't think we can be looking for any more than one of our promising youngsters.

Seems perfect to me. These young players do need to be tested, and i think you're exaggerating the differences in the lower leagues (trying not to mention fucking talbot). That's literally what he is.

Perhaps you're right, but you can you imagine the meltdown if we went all Neil Watt / 2 rabs and signed player/s from the juniors? 

And then claimed its not that big a difference in quality... 😂😂