The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 hour ago, No_Problemo said:

Why?! If all tests are negative then what would be the purpose of that. 

Not withstanding that it’s riskier to be in England than Spain. 

There clearly needs to be some sort of harsh rule docking points from teams flouting the rules though. 

Can take up to 14 days for virus to take hold and show , that’s why games should be off , so there is the potential for them to pass on in next 14 days , that’s why the Aberdeen players who tested negative still had to self isolate for 14 days 

3 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

we've had 2 (or 3 - not sure how confirmed the Griffiths incident is?) high profile breaches already.

It's more than that - Rangers played a friendly without getting test results back and I'm sure there was another preseason incident as well.

Just now, Iain said:

It's more than that - Rangers played a friendly without getting test results back and I'm sure there was another preseason incident as well.

Yeah, there's that one too though that was before the competitive stuff started and was more of an admin error than a compliance one but you're right, it's still a breach.

Anyway, whilst we await something formal from the JRG, it appears from Nicola Sturgeon's press conference that we have a "Yellow Card" and we're not getting stopped yet, although it also looks like Celtic and Aberdeen will have to sit down for a week. We're one high profile breach away from a shut down though I think.

Looks like Malky can still have a "Tuesyay" if the club sees fit.

Yeah, there's that one too though that was before the competitive stuff started and was more of an admin error than a compliance one but you're right, it's still a breach. Anyway, whilst we await something formal from the JRG, it appears from Nicola Sturgeon's press conference that we have a "Yellow Card" and we're not getting stopped yet, although it also looks like Celtic and Aberdeen will have to sit down for a week. We're one high profile breach away from a shut down though I think.

Looks like Malky can still have a "Tuesyay" if the club sees fit.

[emoji106] Is that your rubber stamp of approval Skyline? Gee thanks.

Still think we are short of at least one centre mid, with only Murdoch, Kerr and Miller. Murdoch just back from a serious injury, Kerr wanted to retire last January, and Miller spent all of last season at RB in League 1. Someone like McGinn would be ideal as would probably suit the formation that people have in their minds at the moment.

Agree we still need a GK and a striker.

Just now, honestly united said:

Still think we are short of at least one centre mid, with only Murdoch, Kerr and Miller. Murdoch just back from a serious injury, Kerr wanted to retire last January, and Miller spent all of last season at RB in League 1. Someone like McGinn would be ideal as would probably suit the formation that people have in their minds at the moment.

Agree we still need a GK and a striker.

Goalkeeper, Striker, Holding Midfielder and Centre back is what I think we need. 

Find it mental that we’ve not announced the re-signing of Hare-Reid on our website and still no idea what has happened to Geggan and Gillespie :lol:

We’ll perhaps hear in just over half an hour with regards to Gillespie. Don’t know if anything will come from our end though.

3 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Find it mental that we’ve not announced the re-signing of Hare-Reid on our website and still no idea what has happened to Geggan and Gillespie :lol:

With regards to Andy Geggan in particular it would be really poor form from the club if they don’t even acknowledge him if/when he leaves. Also if he’s been offered any sort of deal from ourselves then it’s strange that the club haven’t announced it. 

Hand in the air here - I liked Geggan a lot and especially when he weighed in with a few important goals every now and then. I loved his goal celebration against THEM and that's still a great memory for me. He is/was streetwise for this league and was part of the team that scudded DU at Tannadice. Sadly, for him and me, I think his time has come - he was subbed too many times last season and that tells its own story.