The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

15 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Premier League teams seem to be trying hard to have the return of football delayed even further. 

No chance of getting fans in any time soon , can’t believe top teams are not getting the seriousness of the guidelines into their players heads ( or else the players involved are just thick ) surely Celtic must have known that their player only arrived home from Spain during the week and must have been aware that he then had to self isolate for 14 days ,government stating tonight that they are looking at a potential halt of games if any other breaches are committed ( No way Sturgeon is going to let any team undermine her )

Edited by Robbo63

56 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Premier League teams seem to be trying hard to have the return of football delayed even further. 

Have i missed something? (Barring obvious Aberdeen incident?

*Ah.... yes..... i see now. Didn't think anything dramatic would happen in Scottish Football late on a Monday night, how wrong i was. Oh well that's Scottish Football going to be banned with immediate effect IMO

Edited by rb123!

8 hours ago, rb123! said:

Have i missed something? (Barring obvious Aberdeen incident?

*Ah.... yes..... i see now. Didn't think anything dramatic would happen in Scottish Football late on a Monday night, how wrong i was. Oh well that's Scottish Football going to be banned with immediate effect IMO

Just Griffiths had an empty and Bolingoli went on holiday to Spain. 

They need to take a stronger stance, if players have knowingly broken the rules the club should be docked points for their next 2 games imo. Accidents can happen and people don't obviously go out of their way to catch the virus. However, clear flaunting of the rules in these cases would justify this. 

8 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

Like the Aberdeen situation at the weekend they should at least cancel Wednesdays games , 

Why?! If all tests are negative then what would be the purpose of that. 

Not withstanding that it’s riskier to be in England than Spain. 

There clearly needs to be some sort of harsh rule docking points from teams flouting the rules though. 

4 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Why?! If all tests are negative then what would be the purpose of that. 

I'm not sure a negative test puts you in the clear. The virus builds up slowly in the body hence you are expected to self isolate for 14 days. Otherwise we'd be testing everyone who came into the country from Spain rather than have them self isolate. 

3 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

I'm not sure a negative test puts you in the clear. The virus builds up slowly in the body hence you are expected to self isolate for 14 days. Otherwise we'd be testing everyone who came into the country from Spain rather than have them self isolate. 

Fair point...

2 minutes ago, malkyshotton said:

I’m sure there’s a thread for this corona chat. Are we gonna get a Tuesyay or Wednesyay this week?

Unless the paperwork is already signed then any club in Scotland choosing to contract someone before the Scottish Govt decides what action it's now going to take wants their heads looked. And anyone who doesn't think there's a serious prospect of them shutting the game back down again doesn't get how serious it is. Scottish football has been back less than a fortnight and we've had 2 (or 3 - not sure how confirmed the Griffiths incident is?) high profile breaches already. Other then a couple of Watford players making a fool of themselves in the first week back English football managed to play out two months of football without that many issues.

Unless the paperwork is already signed then any club in Scotland choosing to contract someone before the Scottish Govt decides what action it's now going to take wants their heads looked. And anyone who doesn't think there's a serious prospect of them shutting the game back down again doesn't get how serious it is. Scottish football has been back less than a fortnight and we've had 2 (or 3 - not sure how confirmed the Griffiths incident is?) high profile breaches already. Other then a couple of Watford players making a fool of themselves in the first week back English football managed to play out two months of football without that many issues.

What’s this to do with what I asked?

13 minutes ago, malkyshotton said:

What’s this to do with what I asked?

You were asking about signings and SD said any club about to sign any deals would likely pause to see the Government's response to the repeated breaches by Scottish football.

Hence unlikely to see a yayday this week.

Call me naive but I don’t see this actually postponing the football right now.

What is necessary is clubs taking a stronger stance and potentially sacking players that break the rules from now on.

If twelve clubs can’t manage their squads and make sure they are not breaching guidelines, the government are not likely grant the go-ahead for another 30, of which probably 70% are part time and will have other jobs.

The premier teams actions may not just delay the return of lower league football but it will also most likely delay even further the return of fans.

You were asking about signings and SD said any club about to sign any deals would likely pause to see the Government's response to the repeated breaches by Scottish football. Hence unlikely to see a yayday this week.

My point was to keep the coronavirus chat to that thread. Was just trying to change the subject.