The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Get this small time mentality to f**k. 

Aye

I don’t think it’s realistic to say we should be going for the title unless it becomes apparent early on that Hearts have made an arse of recruitment but top 4 is perfectly attainable for us and 3 or 4 other clubs.

18 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Aye

I don’t think it’s realistic to say we should be going for the title unless it becomes apparent early on that Hearts have made an arse of recruitment but top 4 is perfectly attainable for us and 3 or 4 other clubs.

Aye second should be the aim this season. 

6 hours ago, Grant228 said:

In which case, the ops statement of "The title isn't out asperation" isn't wrong is it? 

Because I was meaning in general our aim should always be to win the league. This season is clearly an exception to the rule as a massive club like hearts are in it. 

2 minutes ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

I still expect Hearts, Dundee, Dunfermline and Inverness to be ahead by the end of the season.

I would remove Inverness , lost  the majority of their top players and are skint to replace with anywhere near the quality of the ones who left , I reckon we will be challenging the other 3 

Edited by Robbo63

2 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

I would remove Inverness , lost  the majority of their top players and are skint to replace with anywhere near the quality of the ones who left , I reckon we will be challenging the other 3 

John Robertson is the best manager in the league for me and has always had Inverness in the top 3. Despite the fact that they've lost their best players, I'm still expecting them to re-build well and get top 4.

11 minutes ago, THEHonestman1910 said:
20 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

John Robertson is the best manager in the league for me and has always had Inverness in the top 3. Despite the fact that they've lost their best players, I'm still expecting them to re-build well and get top 4

Correct . If Robertson  was at Dundee , Hearts or Dunfermline then they’d be in great shape .  Not righting us off completely, but we’ll have a pretty young side ! The 27 games might just suit us though ! 2nd gives you a big chance in the play offs . 

28 minutes ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

John Robertson is the best manager in the league for me and has always had Inverness in the top 3. Despite the fact that they've lost their best players, I'm still expecting them to re-build well and get top 4.

Inverness have had ‘money troubles’ quite frequently and it doesn’t seem to stop them getting a decent team on the park. Perhaps this time is different but I would still expect to seen them come good 

48 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Because I was meaning in general our aim should always be to win the league. This season is clearly an exception to the rule as a massive club like hearts are in it. 

I would say Hearts are on a level with Dundee Utd and after giving them a skelping at their own place not so long ago I think the aura has rubbed off a litlle

Dunfermline have recruited well but there are still questions on Crawfords ability as a manager.  Signing names doesn't guarantee success but it can drag you to top four.  

Hearts have Neilson who "won" the championship at a canter last season, normally a situation where you become a club hero, yet most fans were glad he left. Had he a lesser player than Shankland up front, The league would have been a lot closer. Depending on who leaves/escapes and who they bring in, the league is Hearts to lose at the moment.

Dundee were poor last year and they don't look like they have improved much so far this year. Hearts being in the league can be seen as an excuse not to try to win it and settle for top 4, Dundee will be the second biggest team in the league but I doubt they will challenge for the title. 

Inverness have lost a lot of talent and don't have the money to replace it directly, being located where they are also has drawbacks but I expect they will somehow manage to produce a team of 11 giants that manage top 4 again

15 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

with a shorter season, getting off to a good start would be a huge advantage, but that was more McCall's thing and we've yet to see if it carries over with Kerr.

If it finished at Christmas, we could have been promoted by now

I expect us to be challenging for the title (at worst for part of the season).  That's my default summer position, happy to adjust that down if that isn't happening.  

Playoff final is less weighted in the Premiership team's favour this year given they'll have played 6 games more when it comes around, I'd expect the Championship team to win it this year unless it is Hearts. 

Edited by itzdrk

2 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

Dunfermline have recruited well but there are still questions on Crawfords ability as a manager.  Signing names doesn't guarantee success but it can drag you to top four.  

Absolutely fair, if we had a more competent manager I'd be v bullish about our chances, however, are there not big question marks over Kerr as a manager also though? Wikipedia says (And of course it's never wrong) That Kerr won 7 out of his first 21 games? Losing 9 and drawing 5. That's not great when you consider he took over one of the strongest sides in the division. 

He's actually got a worse win percentage than Crawford at his time at EEP, and Crawford took over a v poor side. 

Kerr’s start was ify but we are clinging onto the three 1-0’s against both highland teams and the Pars in Jan/Feb . These were results we found very hard to get previously , we managed to play a different way pick up six points and progress onto the next round of the cup . This was Kerr’s high water line . He has much to prove  but in October he will have”his” team on the park , so excuses will start to become limited ! Time will tell . I have a feeling we’ll finish between 5th and 3rd . Where the goals are coming from is my main concern! 

Absolutely fair, if we had a more competent manager I'd be v bullish about our chances, however, are there not big question marks over Kerr as a manager also though? Wikipedia says (And of course it's never wrong) That Kerr won 7 out of his first 21 games? Losing 9 and drawing 5. That's not great when you consider he took over one of the strongest sides in the division. 
He's actually got a worse win percentage than Crawford at his time at EEP, and Crawford took over a v poor side. 

Yeah from him taking over until January it was poor. He didn’t have the players to play the way he wanted and even though we had been doing well our defence was still pretty poor and the squad as a whole was light on numbers.

Once he brought Drinan in and started to change the way we played it got better. We beat Ross County and ICT for the first time in forever and although we weren’t as attacking as we had been we were a bit more street smart in games. I’d say after he made these changes the only really bad performance we had was at home to Morton where we battered them for 15 mins then just gave up. We drew with the Dundee teams when we easily could’ve won and gave them nothing all game.

Still big question marks over him but I’m happy for now to have him in charge.