The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Just now, Robbo63 said:

Already on the case , some of them may already have agreed terms with Ayr !!!! Can’t see Ayr still hunting for players in late September 

Fair dues, was more just commenting on a common theme I've seen on this part of the site where some fans seem to believe there's a huge swarm of top flight players still on furlough just waiting to be released etc.

Same with loan players, theres at least 2 top flight clubs who've confirmed that young players will be used as squad players this season rather then being loaned out.

19 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Worth mentioning that all the top flight clubs have already released players they intend to lose, and a fair whack have already found new clubs.

There won't be many left by the end of September at the rate its going.

Yer man Blair Alston is one I’d expect us to potentially target. Would of played of Kerr at Falkirk. 

9 minutes ago, North British said:

Perhaps they don’t fancy David McMillan then , who’s been freed by St Johnstone . Maybe an option for us .

He was shite for Falkirk in league 1 so what makes you think he could be an option for us at a higher level? 

6 minutes ago, North British said:

Perhaps they don’t fancy David McMillan then , who’s been freed by St Johnstone . Maybe an option for us .

I'd hope Lee Millers friendship with Kerr will help you out there and you avoid him like the plague. Awful footballer.

Is Alston a genuine rumour for Ayr? I'd love him back at Falkirk.

I'd hope Lee Millers friendship with Kerr will help you out there and you avoid him like the plague. Awful footballer.

The only rumour I’ve seen with Alston is that Dunfermline want him which makes sense given he comes from up there I think.

Couple of people on here have only mentioned him because Kerr played with him but I thought similar with O’Hara and he ended up at the Pars.

16 minutes ago, wee_bairn said:

No, I’m putting 2+2 together with the Mark Kerr connection. Similar with Danny Rodgers. 

1 hour ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I knows you alluded to it last week @Robbo63but any word on when the POTY T-shirt’s are being sent out?

They are in shop now , awaiting further instructions, they can be collected if you are local when shop opens , hopefully that will be within the next 7days , shop staff still on furlough and currently only on couple of half days , 

Edited by Robbo63

1 hour ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Some twat in SRE saying we are announcing Drinan today!

Robbo any news expected today?

Nothing planned , no one needs to worry about us announcing players at moment , we will be fine , if we signed all the players being punted about on here we would have a squad of about 30 players with 1/3 of them being not very good 

8 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Fair dues, was more just commenting on a common theme I've seen on this part of the site where some fans seem to believe there's a huge swarm of top flight players still on furlough just waiting to be released etc.

Same with loan players, theres at least 2 top flight clubs who've confirmed that young players will be used as squad players this season rather then being loaned out.

This seems strange as the general feeling is that the covid crisis is affecting football clubs very badly, surely that means smaller squads and reduced wages ?

If there's going to be fewer players than normal available then something doesn't quite add up ???

35 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

This seems strange as the general feeling is that the covid crisis is affecting football clubs very badly, surely that means smaller squads and reduced wages ?

If there's going to be fewer players than normal available then something doesn't quite add up ???

Just from updating the transfer thread it seems like a lot have already moved, a mix of Scottish, English, and foreign sides.

My point was more that that particular pool isn't going to grow between now and when your season starts, and its already getting picked at.

On google streetview, who is the player standing in the door at the gymnasium?

Argued with my dad about it last night :lol:

Also noticed a CPR dummy looking out the back window of the office on Back Hawkhill Ave :lol:

Talk amongst Ipswich fans that the likes of Drinan, Ndaba and McGavin will all be available to leave as they’ve not been handed squad numbers for the coming season.

Given the financial difficulties these clubs will face they might be looking to get rid permanently to ease up their wage bill.

53 minutes ago, mugen_power said:

On google streetview, who is the player standing in the door at the gymnasium?

Argued with my dad about it last night :lol:

Also noticed a CPR dummy looking out the back window of the office on Back Hawkhill Ave :lol:

Looks like McGuffie to me? Aye I always notice that dummy when walking past :lol: