The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

32 minutes ago, rb123! said:
2 hours ago, Robbo63 said:
What a will say if anyone thinks theres not much happening around the club regarding re -signings , offers made , contracts agreed , along with lots of non player improvements, they are way off the mark 

Jason getting a new tractor?

Much much better happening than that 

4 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

We didn't want them. No point wasting tax payers money on players we don't intend to keep. That would be abusing the system. Money that could go to the homeless or disabled.

Aye, because Dunfermline would normally release absolutely every out of contract player.

The scheme was there to keep people in employment whether they were fixed term or not. Many of the players released wouldn’t have been released in a normal season and some will be now be going far longer without a wage due to the delayed start to the season. But aye it’s your club so have to just blindly agree with them on everything.

Let’s no get back into a topic that proved to be extremely tedious about 2 months ago.

The point is, Dunfermline are a bunch of c***s and as usual Ayr and all other clubs standing by their players are the good guys. It’s fairly simple stuff guys.

2 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

Aye, because Dunfermline would normally release absolutely every out of contract player.

The scheme was there to keep people in employment whether they were fixed term or not. Many of the players released wouldn’t have been released in a normal season and some will be now be going far longer without a wage due to the delayed start to the season. But aye it’s your club so have to just blindly agree with them on everything.

The club offered and paid their contacts in full.  None of these players  have been offered a contract retrospectively, so it doesn't look like they would've stayed in normal circumstances. Many of these players have gained long term employment due to being released. Thompson to Derry, Smith to Hamilton, Paton to EK. We have also given employment to 4 people since then. Can't see how you take the moral high ground, when your club abuse a system that was created as a bridge to keep employees in long term employment.

9 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

The club offered and paid their contacts in full.  None of these players  have been offered a contract retrospectively, so it doesn't look like they would've stayed in normal circumstances. Many of these players have gained long term employment due to being released. Thompson to Derry, Smith to Hamilton, Paton to EK. We have also given employment to 4 people since then. Can't see how you take the moral high ground, when your club abuse a system that was created as a bridge to keep employees in long term employment.

The moral high ground belongs all to you. Dunfermline, a great bunch of lads.

6 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

Actually, you’re right. The moral thing to do is clearly to release players who are earning a few hundred quid a week - putting them on the dole at a time when they’re much less likely to find employment than if coronavirus hadn’t fucked everything up. Go Dunfermline.

Sorry @D’jaffo I couldn’t help myself.

Actually, you’re right. The moral thing to do is clearly to release players who are earning a few hundred quid a week - putting them on the dole at a time when they’re much less likely to find employment than if coronavirus hadn’t fucked everything up. Go Dunfermline.
Sorry @D’jaffo I couldn’t help myself.

Nah I’ve changed my mind.

I’m enjoying watching this guy try to convince everyone that Dunfermline are the true saints of Scottish football.

1 hour ago, Chubbychops said:

Run that by me, who do we not plan on keeping that we have on furlough? 

2 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Slightly off topic but sickens me to see that Dunfermline have already signed two players(both of which will be on decent wages) and are close to announcing Declan McManus and Kevin O’Hara yet claimed they couldn’t afford/were unable to keep their existing players on furlough. A club with not an ounce of shame. 

We didn't say we couldn't afford to keep the players on, we were told by two blokes who apparently knew their shit that it wouldn't be a wise thing to keep players on Furlough who we would later release. From the players released it's debateble about who we would've kept, Ashcroft is an obvious one but we'd offered him terms in January and wasn't interested. The only other starters from the weeks before were Danny Devine, who I doubt we would've kept on, and Paul Paton, who was getting on a bit and has since dropped down to East Kilbride. 

Has it not occurred to you, that the players we've bought are free agents and as such are also unemployed? As in, not receiving a wage?  And that they are now receiving one? 

If that sickens you then you need to get a stronger stomach. I'm pretty content that the board have acted in the best interests of keeping Dunfermline alive as a club, we don't have a credit facility, don't have rich owners and have within the past decade nearly ceased to exist as a club, the same people who are getting a right flap on at Dunfermline being financially prudent would undoubtedly get an even bigger flap on if we were to start taking risks with our finances. 

Remember, at one point someone told Rangers that EBTs were OK, I'm OK with our directors taking absolutely no risks. 

1 hour ago, eez-eh said:

Depends who's out of contract, but aye pretty much. 

This season we released Ashcroft, Devine, Paton, Beadling who were in and around the first team squad, Beadling was a high earner who wasn't starting and I've given reasons on the others why they'd be away. 

We also released Scully, Ryan, Smith, Thomson who were well out the picture. 

The season before? 7 first time players were released. So yes, it's absolutely not uncommon for us to have a high turnover of players, especially if it's been a dissapointing season. 

26 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

We didn't say we couldn't afford to keep the players on, we were told by two blokes who apparently knew their shit that it wouldn't be a wise thing to keep players on Furlough who we would later release. From the players released it's debateble about who we would've kept, Ashcroft is an obvious one but we'd offered him terms in January and wasn't interested. The only other starters from the weeks before were Danny Devine, who I doubt we would've kept on, and Paul Paton, who was getting on a bit and has since dropped down to East Kilbride. 

Has it not occurred to you, that the players we've bought are free agents and as such are also unemployed? As in, not receiving a wage?  And that they are now receiving one? 

If that sickens you then you need to get a stronger stomach. I'm pretty content that the board have acted in the best interests of keeping Dunfermline alive as a club, we don't have a credit facility, don't have rich owners and have within the past decade nearly ceased to exist as a club, the same people who are getting a right flap on at Dunfermline being financially prudent would undoubtedly get an even bigger flap on if we were to start taking risks with our finances. 

Remember, at one point someone told Rangers that EBTs were OK, I'm OK with our directors taking absolutely no risks. 

Depends who's out of contract, but aye pretty much. 

This season we released Ashcroft, Devine, Paton, Beadling who were in and around the first team squad, Beadling was a high earner who wasn't starting and I've given reasons on the others why they'd be away. 

We also released Scully, Ryan, Smith, Thomson who were well out the picture. 

The season before? 7 first time players were released. So yes, it's absolutely not uncommon for us to have a high turnover of players, especially if it's been a dissapointing season. 

There is little point trying to explain this.  They seem to genuinely believe our board sat down at the end of May and had a conversation along the lines of,

‘Theres a number of players out of contract, any decision to extend them?’

’get rid of them all’

’shall we extend their deals and furlough them anyway?’

’no I despise them and want the players to suffer, make sure their belongings are dumped out over halbeath road by this afternoon’

Now everything we do is going to anger them, sign players, sell players, bring the manager back, sell season tickets...  Every thing we do is mortally corrupt.  All the other clubs that have released players seems to be have acted fairly however.

Edited by parsforlife

There is little point trying to explain this.  They seem to genuinely believe our board sat down at the end of May and had a conversation along the lines of,
‘Theres a number of players out of contract, any decision to extend them?’
’get rid of them all’
’shall we extend their deals and furlough them anyway?’
’no I despise them and want the players to suffer, make sure their belongings are dumped out over halbeath road by this afternoon’
Now everything we do is going to anger them, sign players, sell players, bring the manager back, sell season tickets...  Every thing we do is mortally corrupt.  All the other clubs that have released players seems to be have acted fairly however.

Nah

Hibernian making people redundant and then going and splashing 250K on a new player is also pretty shitty in my eyes.

4 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

That’s great news if it gets approved.

No reason why not. Most of the application concerns the replacement of existing facilities which as far as I know only ever had temporary planning permission. The bar is potentially a sticking point, but some concerns any neighbours may have might be addressed during the licensing process.