The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

7 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Dundee United, Raith and Cove asking for £2k from us to help cover costs of the next stage of legal action.

Wonder if we'll oblige

I can’t really see how Dundee United need 2k from anyone. The other 2 maybe yes. But didn’t United just sign another teams manager, have a lot of high earners and are trying to sign Nisbet from the pars. They can’t really be that short of cash surely 

9 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Dundee United, Raith and Cove asking for £2k from us to help cover costs of the next stage of legal action.

Wonder if we'll oblige

If it gets it right up McCall then yes we should oblige. 

Wonder if we'll oblige

Where you seeing that?

I agree that I find it a bit weird Dundee United are short of cash but given Cameron has a burning hatred for Budge after the way she’s carried on he’ll maybe give it a bit of thought.

Edit: Just seen the BBC tweet on it.

1 hour ago, rb123! said:

Wonder if we'll oblige

I would give Raith zero. They’re already getting a big enough boost to their turnover this year without really earning it. The other two clubs I have some sympathy for 

I would give Raith zero. They’re already getting a big enough boost to their turnover this year without really earning it. The other two clubs I have some sympathy for 

You’ve no sympathy for Raith but you’ve got sympathy for the other two clubs who it’s well known have considerable financial backing from their owners?

I see that Airdrie have signed a French Midfielder who was apparently interested in top flight teams around Europe. After clicking on the link to the website, he goes on about how good the stadium looks. Despite i wouldn't take a plastic ground over Somerset, i just wonder if the ground itself is turning away players.  

Edited by THEHonestman1910

19 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

You’ve no sympathy for Raith but you’ve got sympathy for the other two clubs who it’s well known have considerable financial backing from their owners?

Yep Raith got a free pass from this one without really earning it. They have a considerable increase in turnover coming this year and can fund it out of that 

16 minutes ago, AyrExile said:

Yep Raith got a free pass from this one without really earning it. They have a considerable increase in turnover coming this year and can fund it out of that 

I don't see how Raith didnt earn it. That's the same backward logic Thistle fans are employing.

The league table doesn't lie. Raith were the best over 28 games. Just because they were a point in front of 2nd rather than 13/14 doesn't matter.

"It doesn't matter if you win by an inch or a mile. Winning is winning." Raith are worthy champions over the curtailed season.

Edited by Trogdor

I wouldn’t say it’s a “considerable turnover”. They won’t get the benefit of increased away crowds for a while and they’ll have other expenses to focus on besides a court battle that they should never have been dragged into.

2 hours ago, rb123! said:

Wonder if we'll oblige

I'm not an expert on this by any means but I think our pitch will be along the lines of the compensation. Clubs might not really care who is in the league next season but if Hearts/Partick win their legal battle, then it will effectively result in £10m disappearing from the SPFL to two clubs.  Some clubs will happily tell us to gtf, but I'd imagine the antics of Budge might have rubbed the wrong way - particularly looking back to 2016 when she said there were too many senior teams in Scotland.  As mentioned, Ayr might see it as a chance to rub some salt into the wound of Partick and McCall. 

Where you seeing that?

I agree that I find it a bit weird Dundee United are short of cash but given Cameron has a burning hatred for Budge after the way she’s carried on he’ll maybe give it a bit of thought.

Edit: Just seen the BBC tweet on it.

It's not just our club it's ever club they're asking for money from.

Think championship clubs are £2k each and League 1 clubs are £1k each. Not sure about league 2

If every championship club paid the £2k maybe Hearts fans would boycott every away game lol

1 hour ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

I see that Airdrie have signed a French Midfielder who was apparently interested in top flight teams around Europe. After clicking on the link to the website, he goes on about how good the stadium looks. Despite i wouldn't take a plastic ground over Somerset, i just wonder if the ground itself is turning away players.  

I wouldnt overthink it.

Players are asked to say something praising their new club, and theres not much he could really say about Airdrie.

Just shows how much luck is involved for these guys to get noticed. There will be no looking back for him now I’m quite sure. He’ll be a Scotland international within the next year.