The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 hour ago, ayrunitedfw said:

I don’t think this home fans only is going to work. How do they monitor it unless they make it season ticket holders only? 

It’s going to be same with most clubs , we can allow away fans in and cut back to 1200 home fans only , just think of the complaints that would cause , no club could monitor who buys tickets as not all club fans live in the town where the club plays , we can only hope they raise the crowd to 3000/5000 which was talked about for phase 4 some time ago , the only teams we would have a scenario of away teams trying to buy home  end tickets would be if we drew Celtic, Rangers or Killie in the cup 

Edited by Robbo63

2 hours ago, Hawk89 said:

To be fair I'm considering a season ticket for the first time in a few years even though I know I probably won't get full use of it. Once they are on sale I'd have no issue paying last years prices for less games as these are unprecedented times. Can only assume they aren't on sale yet as Lachlan and co are wanting to be able to tell us exactly what it will provide entry for whether streaming or physical. 

News on them should be coming soon , a number of clubs in our league currently have them on sale 

4 hours ago, paulbrucerick said:

Anyone know what would happen if we sold our capacity in season tickets? Unlikely as it is, perhaps more people will want to buy one to help the club out. 

As I said unlikely, but , surely it will have an impact on how many matchday tickets will be available!

Seasons are the way ahead for this season I think , social distancing on a wet Saturday trying to buy a ticket , no thanks ( unless people realise the many ways of buying in advance is a simple process ) 

46 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

Seasons are the way ahead for this season I think , social distancing on a wet Saturday trying to buy a ticket , no thanks ( unless people realise the many ways of buying in advance is a simple process ) 

Is the club shop website going to be updated with new stock anytime soon? Preferably  sometime this week?

1 hour ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Is the club shop website going to be updated with new stock anytime soon? Preferably  sometime this week?

8 new products in with another 6 new products being delivered on Thursday and they all need to be added o to the shop system first , shop staff only working a couple of half days due to furlough with a lot of online orders still being picked , they are working hard and will get round to website as soon as they can , will try for this week but definitely on for next week 

Edited by Robbo63

4 hours ago, Robbo63 said:

It’s going to be same with most clubs , we can allow away fans in and cut back to 1200 home fans only , just think of the complaints that would cause , no club could monitor who buys tickets as not all club fans live in the town where the club plays , we can only hope they raise the crowd to 3000/5000 which was talked about for phase 4 some time ago , the only teams we would have a scenario of away teams trying to buy home  end tickets would be if we drew Celtic, Rangers or Killie in the cup 

The club should have a database of fans info from buying tickets online.  What else are those fields for that you have to supply information for. 

I'm also surprised to see that stuff bought in the shop has been sent out before the t-shirts for those who purchased player of the year tickets.  :whistle

1 minute ago, itzdrk said:

The club should have a database of fans info from buying tickets online.  What else are those fields for that you have to supply information for. 

The ticketing company will have all that information to hand 

Just now, itzdrk said:

I'm also surprised to see that stuff bought in the shop has been sent out before the t-shirts for those who purchased player of the year tickets.  :whistle

Agree with you on that ,

11 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

The ticketing company will have all that information to hand 

All those folk should receive a marketing email advising of the benefits (whatever they may be) of buying a season ticket.  That might be the plan mind you. 

25 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

All those folk should receive a marketing email advising of the benefits (whatever they may be) of buying a season ticket.  That might be the plan mind you. 

Discussions are taking place on how seasons will be promoted this year , just awaiting clarification 

9 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

I don’t think this home fans only is going to work. How do they monitor it unless they make it season ticket holders only? 

It it came to it, surely we could all get along together?

I would be happy with no crowd segregation

21 minutes ago, Disco Dave said:

It it came to it, surely we could all get along together?

I would be happy with no crowd segregation

Yeah that is the most likely outcome but it doesn’t make for a great atmosphere. 

Let’s be serious, I’d be very surprised if we’re pulling 2-2.5k home fans (if that’s the estimated amount allowed in). If our fans (anything from 1300-1700) on an average Saturday, I wouldn’t really be bothered if other fans are attending. It’s extra money in the clubs pocket. I’d imagine you’d get around 400/500 in the stand, 700 odd in SRE and around the same in NT. I’d be happy enough with the away end being opened up. 

Let’s be serious, I’d be very surprised if we’re pulling 2-2.5k home fans (if that’s the estimated amount allowed in). If our fans (anything from 1300-1700) on an average Saturday, I wouldn’t really be bothered if other fans are attending. It’s extra money in the clubs pocket. I’d imagine you’d get around 400/500 in the stand, 700 odd in SRE and around the same in NT. I’d be happy enough with the away end being opened up. 

Do you think you would get as many as that in the stand?

When you watch those social distancing in the stands on TV - English prem - looks like very few people in a huge space - and that’s supposed to be 2m apart.

While it’s encouraging that the deaths are minimal (Scotland) it breaks your heart when you hear all these places having to go into a lockdown again across the globe.

I’m sure I speak for most on here when saying we are desperate to go along and watch our team play, but would also hope that it doesn’t end up contributing to another lockdown - local or otherwise.

I’m getting to the frustrating stage now and I’m really missing following my team.

Must be tough for the players - anyone here spoken to any of them personally?

35 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

I've been watching Czech football over lockdown (a pal follows Bohemians so I've mostly watched them) it's been really cool watching it go from nobody inside the ground (folk hanging out up trees and watching over the wall with ladders) to small home only crowds, back to what looked like normal over the playoff tie they have just lost.  Including away fans. 

I know they are further ahead than us with dealing with the virus and all judgements here will be based on Celtic and Rangers having 50,000 capacity but there's a wee bit of hope oot there for some football normality. 

Edited by itzdrk