The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 minute ago, ayrunitedfw said:

I see Bob McHugh has left Morton as he’s been offered a deal by another Fulltime Championship club, I wonder if it could be us? Ex team mate of Kerr. 

Me and my mate were discussing him yesterday actually - someone I've always thought was pretty good but not sure what exactly I'm basing that on as have only seen him a few times!

28 minutes ago, Hursty said:

Me and my mate were discussing him yesterday actually - someone I've always thought was pretty good but not sure what exactly I'm basing that on as have only seen him a few times!

He’s your typical bang average championship striker. Never going to be any more than that. I’d take him or Kevin O’Hara from Alloa. 

20 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

We’re going to need 2 strikers presuming Moffat re-signs. 

I can’t see us signing two target man type strikers though. And a quick look at McHugh’s scoring record means I’d far rather see Drinan again.

17 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

s your typical bang average championship striker. Never going to be any more than that. I’d take him or Kevin O’Hara from

Defo have a look at O’Hara , I believe he was at Falkirk at the same time as Kerr .  However his goal scoring ratio at the end of the season may have alerted some bigger fish . Pars will have some money to spend on contracts after they offload Nesbit . McHugh ,who I never thought of before , kind off falls into our price range . I

Is there any news on who our feeder club from the north east is releasing . Particularly in the under 22 age group ,we seem to have done well there in the not so distant past ! 

I don’t think Kerr sees Moffat as a striker anymore. Don’t know how many times he actually picked him up front but I seem to remember him playing off Drinan out wide most of the time.

If that’s the case then that leaves us with Moore and McKenzie as our only option. I think another year on loan would be good for the latter so there’s definitely room for another two strikers.

I see a few clubs like Partick and St Johnstone are selling masks with the club badge on it. Wonder if we’ll do similar. I honestly think if people wore masks or a scarf over their nose/mouth then there’s no reason why we can’t have fans in Somerset for the season starting

2 hours ago, Tigerland said:

Also isn’t it about time we got this seasons sales underway regardless of the ongoing spfl  bullshit ? They can always refund if the number are off somewhat ! 

Some decent players out there , and the early bird may well catch the worm . If we could just make two quality signings  and then back up with loans we would be in decent shape for a pop at fourth or third ..... 

No way they can put tickets on sale with no set in stone start date or wither fans would be allowed in or not and also don’t even know how many games , it’s not a simple task to take money off people then go and try to refund them again ,  my view is club are doing everything correct at moment 

4 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

I see Bob McHugh has left Morton as he’s been offered a deal by another Fulltime Championship club, I wonder if it could be us? Ex team mate of Kerr. 

At face value 8 goals in the Championship last season doesn't leave you overly impressed, even more so when you find out that's the most league goals he's got in a season throughout his career.

Rightly or wrongly he's always had that super sub tag for most of his career and it could be that even at the age of 28, he's still on a steep learning curve about being a regular starter. 

I'm more concerned about the creativity (or lack of) from our midfield as well as getting someone to regularly convert the chances. I sure this will be looked at and addressed by the management team when the time comes.

5 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

He was first choice before Shankland 4 years ago before they both knocked us back. How different life could have been

4 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I see a few clubs like Partick and St Johnstone are selling masks with the club badge on it. Wonder if we’ll do similar. I honestly think if people wore masks or a scarf over their nose/mouth then there’s no reason why we can’t have fans in Somerset for the season starting

Commercial staff will be on furlough as well, If they were to announce Ayr masks, some Rangers or Airdrie grass would be straight on to the DWP reporting them.  

39 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

13 according to the paper which cost the club £570 so we’ve saved almost £30,000. 

Superb effort by the supporters, we gain even more as the VAT is now also refunded , as the money is now seen as a donation , 

Edited by Robbo63

24 minutes ago, Tigerland said:

Robbo , Do you know how many season ticket holders the club has ?

Was  around the 1000 mark , pretty evenly split around adult, concession, under18s and Panda pals 

Edited by Robbo63