The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

4 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

Don't know if it's been mentioned elsewhere but delighted to see Michael Rose with a L1 winners medal and playing next season in the English Championship. 

Top bloke, top player. 

Does anyone know when the £100k promotion bonus gets paid by Coventry? 

24 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

Does anyone know when the £100k promotion bonus gets paid by Coventry? 

I remember talk of a 5% sell on clause.  Hopefully they sell him for 10 million.

I heard on the radio on Saturday that as soon as players return to training they are no longer on furlough and the 80% stops which seems obvious but it had never occurred to me before so unless there is a start date we won't be returning to training in any meaningful way.  

I heard on the radio on Saturday that as soon as players return to training they are no longer on furlough and the 80% stops which seems obvious but it had never occurred to me before so unless there is a start date we won't be returning to training in any meaningful way.  

There is scope for people to go back to part time working although I’m not sure what “part time” involves. I did read that so long as you’re working less hours than you were before the furlough then that counts.

1 hour ago, ayrunitedfw said:

I see alloa have re-signed 7 or 8 players for next season. I’d like to think we’d have some re-signing news in the next week or so. 

12 regulars now , which is good but the big damper (crying my eyes out ) Iain Flannigan has retired .. 😭

4 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Danny Rogers leaving Aberdeen. Certainly a capable keeper at Championship level and I’d be happier getting him than the likes of MacDonald or Fox

He had an absolute worldie performance for Morton this season in front of the SRE, made a couple of phenominal saves. 

Don't know if that was a one off or not but i'd take him, plus he played at Falkirk while Kerr was there.

4 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

I see alloa have re-signed 7 or 8 players for next season. I’d like to think we’d have some re-signing news in the next week or so. 

Think we will announce at the end of our current furlough period at end of the month , 

2 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

There is scope for people to go back to part time working although I’m not sure what “part time” involves. I did read that so long as you’re working less hours than you were before the furlough then that counts.

Well yes, but it's based on percentages. Players don't work particularly long hours anyway. A full time player probably trains about 10 hours a week on a structured basis (they may do some extra on their own time of course), probably a bit longer in pre-season. It's not like they could do 15 mins less and claim they are still furloughed. If they work 9 of the 10 hours they used to do then the club would have to cover 90% of their wage.

If we are indeed restarting in mid October as is being mooted then I don't think players will be taken off furlough until at least the end of August. Managers will be a bigger question. Obviously they need to come off furlough to start building squads but clubs will want to leave that as long as possible to cover their wages for as long as possible.

Well yes, but it's based on percentages. Players don't work particularly long hours anyway. A full time player probably trains about 10 hours a week on a structured basis (they may do some extra on their own time of course), probably a bit longer in pre-season. It's not like they could do 15 mins less and claim they are still furloughed. If they work 9 of the 10 hours they used to do then the club would have to cover 90% of their wage.
If we are indeed restarting in mid October as is being mooted then I don't think players will be taken off furlough until at least the end of August. Managers will be a bigger question. Obviously they need to come off furlough to start building squads but clubs will want to leave that as long as possible to cover their wages for as long as possible.

I dunno

Our assistant today said he feels the players need a minimum 6 weeks of training before games because of the high injury risk a lot of them face.

Whatever approach clubs take we need a format and a start date so season tickets can be sold.

50 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I dunno

Our assistant today said he feels the players need a minimum 6 weeks of training before games because of the high injury risk a lot of them face.

Whatever approach clubs take we need a format and a start date so season tickets can be sold.

If we are working towards an October 17 start it's easy to work out when training will resume. 

38 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

If we are working towards an October 17 start it's easy to work out when training will resume. 

Indeed which is why I suggested it was unlikely players would come off furlough till the end of August.  Managers may need to come off earlier though.

5 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Indeed which is why I suggested it was unlikely players would come off furlough till the end of August.  Managers may need to come off earlier though.

Aye, hopefully this latest reconstruction is cleared up whatever way ASAP so we can get onto fun stuff like squad building and being raging at the level of shite coming in. 

Also isn’t it about time we got this seasons sales underway regardless of the ongoing spfl  bullshit ? They can always refund if the number are off somewhat ! 

Some decent players out there , and the early bird may well catch the worm . If we could just make two quality signings  and then back up with loans we would be in decent shape for a pop at fourth or third ..... 

Also isn’t it about time we got this seasons sales underway regardless of the ongoing spfl  bullshit ? They can always refund if the number are off somewhat ! 
Some decent players out there , and the early bird may well catch the worm . If we could just make two quality signings  and then back up with loans we would be in decent shape for a pop at fourth or third ..... 

The problem would be that they don’t know when they will be able to let fans in to watch games! They said that they may be behind closed doors for the first 8 games. They won’t want to charge full price when they are missing a that number of fixtures!

What’s the point in going and spending money that we would just have to give back to supporters.

No one is signing players. There will be plenty of time to get round to that.