The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

3 hours ago, rb123! said:

Bit of a gamble taking Nesbit to the Premiership IMO. Especially when they already have Clark and Shankland.

Plus think we need to worry more about our own squad, losing Docherty and Forrest and possibly Kelly and Doohan makes our squad look pretty poor on paper if everyone signs on for next season. 

Only quality players really left from the team McCall built could be Moff, Moore, Murdoch and possibly Harvie. 

Going to be a big ask next season considering in the last year we've lost Smith, Rose, McDaid, Crawford, Docherty, Forrest and Shankland and possibly Doohan and Harvie. That's almost enough for a starting XI in itself. 

Huge job Kerr has on his hands. 

I'm not too optimistic for the forthcoming season tbh, thought LC was optimistic saying we'd be challenging with Hearts, Inverness and Dundee for promotion. Hope i'm proved wrong.

Every club will be in the same boat and I think we're perhaps one of the better run clubs in the league, as always we'll be relying on good loan deals and again we've built up a good relationship and reputation with some of the top clubs over the past few years, so who knows, we may be better placed than many when we eventually come out of this nightmare.

I saw Kallum Higginbottom is looking for a new club. I always rated him and would have liked to have saw him play for us in his “prime”

He’s a fucking nutter.

I’d sign him.

25 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Much you reckon he was on in Kashmir? Has to be much higher than he'd have got in Scotland. Upwards of £1000 p/w?

Not sure. I read an interview with him a few weeks back where he was saying it’s  no longer about the money, and being in India made him realise that and how much he missed his kids etc

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

Much you reckon he was on in Kashmir? Has to be much higher than he'd have got in Scotland. Upwards of £1000 p/w?

I am sure on the programme shown on Tv a few weeks ago he said it was a lot more money than he could get back home , 

3 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

He’s a fucking nutter.

I’d sign him.

He'd be best buddies with Muirhead then. 

Read a few weeks ago that he was stuck in a hotel room in India under strict lockdown measures and just wanted to get out of there ASAP and back to Scotland. 

Don't know if he ever got back. 

He'd be best buddies with Muirhead then. 
Read a few weeks ago that he was stuck in a hotel room in India under strict lockdown measures and just wanted to get out of there ASAP and back to Scotland. 
Don't know if he ever got back. 

There was a piece in one of the papers with him a few weeks ago and I’m pretty sure he said he was back and had no intention of going back to the club.

2 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

There was a piece in one of the papers with him a few weeks ago and I’m pretty sure he said he was back and had no intention of going back to the club.

David Robertson Journey Home

Piece from the Sunday Post on May 10th about David Robertson but it says Higginbotham traveled home with him.

1 hour ago, ooo Wendy ayr, go marching in said:

Anyone know who's signed up for next season(if anyone has)?

Moore, McKenzie, Hewitt, Roscoe, McCowan, Ecrepont and Houston. 

ETA:  from transfermarkt.com, anyway. 

Edited by super_carson

2 hours ago, ooo Wendy ayr, go marching in said:

Anyone know who's signed up for next season(if anyone has)?

We are in the same boat as 90% of the teams in the league , I would have no doubt by the time teams are allowed to train and getting ready for the season to start we will be in a healthy position player wise , we need a start date to enable us to offer contracts 

We are in the same boat as 90% of the teams in the league , I would have no doubt by the time teams are allowed to train and getting ready for the season to start we will be in a healthy position player wise , we need a start date to enable us to offer contracts 

I would also imagine we can’t do much without selling season tickets which can’t be done until we know the exact format for next season.