The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Starting 11 for today’s closed doors friendly v AFC Fylde - Hare Reid, Geggan, Harvie, Adams, Rose, Forrest, Trialist, Crawford, McDaid, Shankland and Moore

Presume the trialist is Murdoch again, no mention of the bench as of yet.

Starting 11 for today’s closed doors friendly v AFC Fylde - Hare Reid, Geggan, Harvie, Adams, Rose, Forrest, Trialist, Crawford, McDaid, Shankland and Moore

I’m presuming the trialist is Murdoch again. 

ETA: beaten to it 

Edited by ayrunitedfw

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/2894247/wes-foderingham-umar-sadiq-rangers-steven-gerrard-bury-transfer-news/

Seems like Gerrard simply hasn't decided on the goalie situation yet and he's using the Pre-Season games to decide so McCrorie still might end up with us, think it's just going to take time if he does come to us on loan, not ideal for us though when we've only got the one GK at the moment.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/2894247/wes-foderingham-umar-sadiq-rangers-steven-gerrard-bury-transfer-news/
Seems like Gerrard simply hasn't decided on the goalie situation yet and he's using the Pre-Season games to decide so McCrorie still might end up with us, think it's just going to take time if he does come to us on loan, not ideal for us though when we've only got the one GK at the moment.

He’s not talking about McCrorie here. He says he’s got 3 keepers to pick from so McGregor, Foderingham and Alnwick. One will probably leave and McCrorie will be loaned out.

Anyway Fylde are 1-0 up but apparently we’re by far the better team.

17 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

He’s not talking about McCrorie here. He says he’s got 3 keepers to pick from so McGregor, Foderingham and Alnwick. One will probably leave and McCrorie will be loaned out.

Anyway Fylde are 1-0 up but apparently we’re by far the better team.

Nope, that’s not how I see it at all. McGregor will be number 1 and they’ll sell either Foderingham or Alnwick and McCrorie will become third choice. 

Nope, that’s not how I see it at all. McGregor will be number 1 and they’ll sell either Foderingham or Alnwick and McCrorie will become third choice. 

There is no point in keeping McCrorie as 3rd choice. Gerrard isn’t stupid enough to do that. He’ll loan him out, hopefully to us.

23 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Doesn’t seem like Ferguson featured going by AU Media updates. I can only assume he’s got sick of waiting or McCall has said the club can’t afford to offer him anything. Dearie me. 

There could also be a fairly innocuous reason, it’s only one game.

33 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Doesn’t seem like Ferguson featured going by AU Media updates. I can only assume he’s got sick of waiting or McCall has said the club can’t afford to offer him anything. Dearie me. 

You're absolutely desperate to look for the negatives aren't you haha.

Aye. Nice to see some of the younger lads get a run out too. I'd like to see some of them get a bit more game time in the League Cup games - seems an ideal opportunity to see who might actually be good enough to step up when needed 

He’s playing for Dumbarton on trial today.