The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

It’s a bold move if he doesn’t already have something lined up, as he might be effectively giving up 6 months of wages if nobody takes him on.

I was thinking that but given that Scott Fox has just done similar I’m thinking the club have given them a deadline or at least asked them to decide quickly so McCall can at least see what he’s working with for next season.

12 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Kerr better not even dare offer Fox something. You just need to look at the twitter replies on Thistles twitter to see their opinion of him. 

If McCall was still here I'd expect him to snap him up, but Kerr doesn't seem that type. I expect any new signings from us to continue to be from left field a la Drinan.

To be fair, it’s hard to judge players on their time at a shambolic Partick. 

Correct me if I’m wrong, but Fox was a decent keeper not too long ago. 

I can’t stand Zanatta but i think he would have the potential to do well in our 4-3-3. 

52 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I was thinking that but given that Scott Fox has just done similar I’m thinking the club have given them a deadline or at least asked them to decide quickly so McCall can at least see what he’s working with for next season.

There will be deadline to exercise the clause. It's probably 9th June.. Whatever it is there will be a date after which the right to cancel lapses. No club is going to give a player an open ended right to cancel, they have to know where they stand in terms of budget and squad numbers before the window is too far gone.

12 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

To be fair, it’s hard to judge players on their time at a shambolic Partick. 

Correct me if I’m wrong, but Fox was a decent keeper not too long ago. 

I thought this too...didn't he get promoted with Ross County and also win the Challenge & League cups?

45 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

I can only imagine Thistle have offered both a deal to find another club, no other reason to walk away as no one is signing players at the moment

Thistle's quote on both players quite deliberately states that the players had exercised their right to cancel rather than they'd left by mutual agreement.

If for example both were earning £1,000 pw and have a clause saying that if relegated their wage drops to £300 pw but they can opt out as long as they do it by June 9th then they have a difficult call to make. In normal circumstances it's probably a no brainer to opt out but they don't know when or if they can pick up another club.

I thought this too...didn't he get promoted with Ross County and also win the Challenge & League cups?

Aye and was also part of Particks last Championship winning season.

He was in the TOTY last season despite being very average but by all accounts he’s been horrible this season. Stuck to his line constantly and has kept only one clean sheet all season.

Regardless I don’t see Kerr offering him anything. His first call will be Doohan imo.

I'd definitely take Zanatta. Is he East Coast based though?  Would imagine the likes of Raith would be back in for him.   Keeper wise I'd be delighted to get Doohan back, and from the keepers I've seen released Jamie MacDonald would be my first pick if Doohan wasnt to happen.  

11 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Apart fom the worst dive I have ever seen, I don't remember Zanatta doing anything of note against us, I always thought he looked a but of a luxury player that plays for 20min a game

He was fantastic in the game against us at Firhill where we won 3-2, Thistle going down to 9 men.

2 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

Scott Fox signed for us before I am sure, I think he signed on loan from Celtic for a day, I cant remember if they cancelled it or sold him to someone before he played a game for us. 

That's spot on, they had an injury and recalled him. 

He didn’t exactly set the heather alight last season but I’d be pretty happy if we picked up Dario Zanatta from Partick Thistle.

Partick fans are trying to say he was garbage. However I'd take him as a replacement for Forrest

18 minutes ago, rb123! said:
13 hours ago, D said:
He didn’t exactly set the heather alight last season but I’d be pretty happy if we picked up Dario Zanatta from Partick Thistle.

Partick fans are trying to say he was garbage. However I'd take him as a replacement for Forrest

DZ is a good player but given that he chose Thistle over us last season gives you the impression that we couldn’t match their  £££ . Add to the fact that he’s walking away from them and away from those ££££’s also suggest he has a deal pending . If for example it’s us (doubtfu) then we would be offering pretty much our maximum deal , I could maybe see us doing that for a top striker or centre half but maybe not a wide player . We still have Geggan, McCowan , hopefully Murdock who can all operate wide if need be , we could also operate a 5-3-2 with the fullbacks getting up the flanks ,, 

Zanatta although undoubtedly talented is wildly inconsistent to the point of being non existent at times. His general workrate could also be questioned from what I saw. Albeit in that comedy sh!tshow from last season. 

You could imagine an old school John McGlynn type gaffer consistently getting the best out of him and pushing him on. There's a player there if it can come to the party more often / consistently.