The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

So any idea where doc is going?

Is he just a free agent or has he gone to thistle?

Thistle formally announced him on Twitter today so that move has gone through.

Livi also did a squad update today and Forrest was on it so both players have officially left the club.

31 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Chris Erskine left Livi and Tiffoney earns a new deal with them. Would take Tiff on loan again and Erskine could be a punt, McCall will be after him though.

Dissapointed there appears to be no thank you or farewell messaged from Doc, poor considering he was captain. 

Erskine is boaby. 

2 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

Thistle formally announced him on Twitter today so that move has gone through.

Livi also did a squad update today and Forrest was on it so both players have officially left the club.

They presumably have left Ayr and it is possible Thistle and Livi have begun employing them. They have not registered them as players though. They cant, the window isnt open. It wasnt due to open till June 9th but the SFA have asked FIFA to delay it so it may yet be longer.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

They presumably have left Ayr and it is possible Thistle and Livi have begun employing them. They have not registered them as players though. They cant, the window isnt open. It wasnt due to open till June 9th but the SFA have asked FIFA to delay it so it may yet be longer.

Right but my point was that neither player is part of the club anymore. Their contracts have expired ergo they’ve left Ayr.

I don’t see why the window opening should be delayed. Surely they should just delay the closing date? Or is their a certain amount of the days our summer window can be open for?

2 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

Right but my point was that neither player is part of the club anymore. Their contracts have expired ergo they’ve left Ayr.

I don’t see why the window opening should be delayed. Surely they should just delay the closing date? Or is their a certain amount of the days our summer window can be open for?

Skyline may be able to correct me on this, but is it not something to do with allowing players contracts to be extended for the furlough scheme?  

3 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

57 minutes ago, super_carson said:

Skyline may be able to correct me on this, but is it not something to do with allowing players contracts to be extended for the furlough scheme?  

I dont know why they have asked to delay it. They didnt say why, just that they were requesting it. I agree with D'jaffo. Delaying the closure makes sense given only the Premier may be operating by then. Delaying the opening would obviously be necessary if we needed to finish the season first like England. We have called ours though so thats not a factor.

It might be to allow another month furlough extension but as far as I can tell relatively few clubs did actually extend furlough. 

It might be the days thing. The window is set for a certain number of days (82 I think) hence the opening date changes between 9th and 10th June some years depending on whether closing date is 31 Aug or 1 Sept (they dont like it closing on a Saturday for obvious reasons). But I would have thought if that was the reason it would be easier just to apply for a one off extension to the days open. Delaying the opening date simply complicates things for Ross Docherty, James Forrest and anyone else with a pre contract due to activate on the 9th.

Can nobody at the club even put out a message on social media confirming the likes of Forrest and Doc leaving. It's pretty poor from us IMO, wouldn't take much for someone at the club from home to put a tweet out.

Same with no interview with Kerr, would be nice to get an update. In normal years McCall would be giving fans weekly updates at this time of year.

Wonder if it's down to nobody from the club being able to do anything work related because of the furlough.

4 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Wonder if it's down to nobody from the club being able to do anything work related because of the furlough.

I think that is probably why - I'd expect there is maybe 1 or 2 people not on furlough, but there time would be for business purposes rather than social media, shop etc. 

3 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Can nobody at the club even put out a message on social media confirming the likes of Forrest and Doc leaving. It's pretty poor from us IMO, wouldn't take much for someone at the club from home to put a tweet out.

Same with no interview with Kerr, would be nice to get an update. In normal years McCall would be giving fans weekly updates at this time of year.

Usually when McCall done those updates, it was when many people got together in which we probably couldn't do right now. It seems to be the VOR on twitter where the main source of the information that's coming out.

33 minutes ago, rb123! said:

@Robbo63 has already confirmed this is the case. 

Don't get the knicker wetting over shite when seeing the club survive should be our only worry, can't be easy for those running the club as it's not easy watching your bank getting emptied without a penny coming in the other direction, Sunak should have made sure everybody had 4 to 6 weeks income free just to give the whole population a kick up the arse. 

2 hours ago, rb123! said:

Kerr is furloughed

Hearts fans getting themselves into an awful mess on that Kickback page and on Twitter over Lachlans comments. Threats of boycotting games at Somerset and hoping we go bust.

You love to see it.

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

Hearts fans getting themselves into an awful mess on that Kickback page and on Twitter over Lachlans comments. Threats of boycotting games at Somerset and hoping we go bust.

You love to see it.

I've been getting similar dribble from my  neighbours, who didn't know originally I was an Ayr supporter.  

Again, Cameron is actually thinking bigger picture.  He says he feels sympathy for Hearts, but that the rules shouldn't just be changed to suit them.  I totally agree, it sets a dangerous precedent if a "big" team can stomp their feet and bleat about things being unfair if they get relegated.  It's a crap situation for them, and it is unfair in that there was still a chance to stay up, but they had been dugmeat all season.  There was always going to be someone who lost out, and unfortunately for them it was Hearts.  

You love to see it.

Hearts will go bust before we do

Hearts fans definitely seem to be going through the Anger phase of grief at the moment.  Hopefully the Depression phase is just around the corner, and they’ll shut the hell up for a while.

I'd like to see us giving them the minimum allocation allowed and sticking them in the stand, can't be arsed with entitled fanbases. 

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

You love to see it.

Ma fiancee is a Jambo, the seethe is real.  Double that when she has to listen to me next season :wub: