The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

27 minutes ago, super_carson said:

Tempted to post it as a rumour, just for the absolute scenes that would incur...

If you don't then I will. 

16 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

The friendly at Inverclyde tomorrow is against Fylde. 12 o’clock kick off and it’s free entry.

Are theysimilar level to us? Noticed they are national league. Is that the level South Shields were at when we played them? 

Are theysimilar level to us? Noticed they are national league. Is that the level South Shields were at when we played them? 

I’m never sure how the leagues in Scotland and England compare. From the very few National League matches I’ve seen I’d say they are maybe lower Championship.

South Shields have just been promoted into the Northern Premier Division which is a league below the National League. But they were a couple of leagues below that when we played them. IIRC they’ve had a lot of investment and have effectively outspent the rest of the league each year in order to get a few back to back promotions.

6 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

No Fylde are decent they missed out in the play offs to go into the English 2nd Division .

They are looking to be in the League by 2022 (its on their sleeve).

South Shields are at least 2 leagues below Fylde unless they got promoted last season.

Pretty sure Fylde were on the telly for an FA Cup game and they almost caused an upset, can't remember who they were playing though.

Yeah they drew with Wigan and took them to a replay.

Tbf they’re also in the same league at Gateshead which is where Jordan Preston plays and he’s been less than spectacular for them. The quality of football ain’t great but it’s a tough league to get out of.

I'm up and down that road non stop (meet a bird at Cappielow and marry her at your peril) but is Inverclyde the bit at Largs? Never actually been but very tempted to take the wee man up for a drive.

Just now, Hursty said:

I'm up and down that road non stop (meet a bird at Cappielow and marry her at your peril) but is Inverclyde the bit at Largs? Never actually been but very tempted to take the wee man up for a drive.

Was just looking it up and yeah it seems to be a completely redeveloped centre up the back of Largs, didn't realise it was such a good facility.

8 hours ago, rb123! said:

Weird how there's been nothing from our end about this friendly tomorrow and being able to go to it, obviously trying to keep it low profile.

This friendly has been mentioned in the press and on McCalls after match interviews , on those occasions he stated it was a Closed door friendly , that’s why the times and venue were not advertised