The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

7 minutes ago, Hursty said:

I saw the club described out current financial position as 'critical' on the player of the year tweet this week.   Slightly ominous..

I can’t see said tweet was it posted on official twitter page? What date? 

1 minute ago, ayrunitedfw said:

I can’t see said tweet was it posted on official twitter page? What date? 

It was the official facebook page yesterday when they were saying tickets for the player of the year are still on sale until weekend.  

I'm sure if it was really 'critical' in the sense that it usually means then we wouldn't be topping up the wages of the furloughed players etc but just jumped out at me all the same. 

25 minutes ago, Hursty said:

I saw the club described out current financial position as 'critical' on the player of the year tweet this week.   Slightly ominous..

AUmedia. "critical" stuck out to me too. Hopefully an injudicious choice of words.

1 hour ago, Hursty said:

If it's the line "The financial situation is currently critical and all help is massively appreciated." then they've used the same line in every POTY update since the 22nd March. 

Not all of the money raised for the POTY goes to the club, as they decided they were going to be benevolent and give some of that money to sponsors. Also we need to factor in the price of exclusive T-shirts and postage. If it is that critical we can surely drop donations to other businesses and the T-shirts; if those who have contributed agree to the T&C's being changed.

22 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I believe the 2 metre rule will be relaxed to 1 metre by the time August comes around. They’ve already said the risk of infection decreases significantly outdoors. They will probably not allow away fans at games for a good few months and possibly reduce the capacities at Ibrox/Parkhead by at least half. I wouldn’t be concerned with 1700 at Somerset tbh, but it’s the Government and football authorities that will decide that

BJ confirmed today that they were actively looking at this.

Greg Clark pointed out that countries such as Japan, South Korea, Canada, Australia, Germany and the WHO had all reduced their social distancing advice to 1 metre and was wanting to know why we were still keeping it at 2 metres, especially given the added pressure on business.

I think we can expect positive changes soon, especially if the infection rates keep dropping.

12 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Greg Clark pointed out that countries such as Japan, South Korea, Canada, Australia, Germany and the WHO had all reduced their social distancing advice to 1 metre and was wanting to know why we were still keeping it at 2 metres, especially given the added pressure on business.

I think we can expect positive changes soon, especially if the infection rates keep dropping.

I hope so! I really don’t understand why so many people are being doom and gloom, they seem to want the 2 metre rule, no enjoyable things etc until a vaccine is found,which could be never. 1 metre would greatly help football clubs to have their full quota of fans (well aside from the OF, Hearts, Hibs, Aberdeen, Dundee U). I genuinely feel there’s people on this thread who don’t want football or normality back until 1st Jan 2021 at the earliest 🙄

35 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

19 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I hope so! I really don’t understand why so many people are being doom and gloom, they seem to want the 2 metre rule, no enjoyable things etc until a vaccine is found,which could be never. 1 metre would greatly help football clubs to have their full quota of fans (well aside from the OF, Hearts, Hibs, Aberdeen, Dundee U). I genuinely feel there’s people on this thread who don’t want football or normality back until 1st Jan 2021 at the earliest 🙄

Mask or no mask that is the question? 

1 hour ago, itzdrk said:

Mask or no mask that is the question? 

Mask more than likely in stand , in my work from today we must wear  masks every time we enter an enclosed area , even on way to work if we travel on public transport 

1 hour ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Are the club hopeful of starting the season with fans present? 

IMO No is the current answer going by league information  , but things are changing daily , league start date rumoured for  late September early October  

Edited by Robbo63

3 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I don’t think there’s a single person on the planet who feels this way, never mind on this thread.

People wanting the environment to be as safe as possible prior to just opening up the floodgates to pre-COVID normality doesn’t bizarrely mean they like the current situation. That’s ridiculous.

I hope so! I really don’t understand why so many people are being doom and gloom, they seem to want the 2 metre rule, no enjoyable things etc until a vaccine is found,which could be never..........I genuinely feel there’s people on this thread who don’t want football or normality back until 1st Jan 2021 at the earliest [emoji849]

Some people are just scared, especially when you see the footage of the poor souls in a coma hooked up to the ventilators with little or no hope.

And of course, the death toll.

Some people are less so - human nature for you.

On another subject, that’s some amount of testing being done in the premier league down south!!

Must be costing a pretty penny!

8 hours ago, AUFC 1910 said:

Some people are just scared, especially when you see the footage of the poor souls in a coma hooked up to the ventilators with little or no hope.

Seems to be no middle ground.

I've worked right through, and despite the 2m rule being widely broadcast, customers still come right up to me to talk about things.

Every single day for months now at least one person has breached the social distancing law with either me, or my work mates.

Only had one customer who had a mask and gloves on, the rest just act as normal.

We have a huge stack of gloves, anti-bac wipes and hand wash though, so try our best to keep up with that, and so far, nobody has shown any signs of it here.

I work in a bank in Glasgow and have big bright yellow and black hazard tape with signs saying do not cross, customers walk straight up to you and 9 times out of 10 if they wear a mask pull it down to talk to you!

I’m sorry but I really think that people will wear masks to get in and then take them off! People just ignore what they are supposed to do so if you open up Somerset then you would find we would get some sort of fine or made to play behind closed doors by the health and safety exec for not enforcing distancing as some of our fans would huddle together behind the goal as they font have the mental capacity to realise that the rules are there for a reason!

The facilities for hand washing at Somerset isn’t good enough as they only have cold water in most toilets! I think we will start behind closed doors and we will move to reduced capacity!

The club will need to move to allow fans to stream online in the uk with some sort of subscription service allowing the club to make some sort of revenue

ETA: the lack of mental capacity- aimed mainly at the SRE posters!

1 hour ago, ryanayr1987 said:

I work in a bank in Glasgow and have big bright yellow and black hazard tape with signs saying do not cross, customers walk straight up to you and 9 times out of 10 if they wear a mask pull it down to talk to you!

You should start coughing.

I’m sorry but I really think that people will wear masks to get in and then take them off! People just ignore what they are supposed to do so if you open up Somerset then you would find we would get some sort of fine or made to play behind closed doors by the health and safety exec for not enforcing distancing as some of our fans would huddle together behind the goal as they font have the mental capacity to realise that the rules are there for a reason!

The facilities for hand washing at Somerset isn’t good enough as they only have cold water in most toilets! I think we will start behind closed doors and we will move to reduced capacity!

The club will need to move to allow fans to stream online in the uk with some sort of subscription service allowing the club to make some sort of revenue

ETA: the lack of mental capacity- aimed mainly at the SRE posters!
Your owner rules out streaming games in today's Ayrshire Post.