The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

4 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

The virus is in decline because of social distancing, once this is gradually lifted, cases will rise gradually. You can't go from no one allowed in a group outwith your household to 200 or 500 or 50000 people in the one place within a few weeks or months.

I would expect that at the most, you would be allowed events for up to 100 people by August with social distancing measures in place. 

For football to be back, how do you get in to the ground without going through a narrow turnstyle without touching it or maintaining social distance from the operator? how do stewards search you to make sure you aren't smuggling in 8 cans in your bag? how do you get from the Tryfield place turnstyles to the side terrace without walking in close proximity to someone else? 

You are asking for people in part time jobs to put themselves at risk for the sake of 2 hours work, current plans show that hairdressers won't be open until July at the earliest and only with PPE and deep cleaning between customers yet people think that they will be in a football ground shortly after. 

The "touching stuff" is a bit of a red herring as it's been confirmed time and time again that the only "serious" risk of catching the virus is when someone coughs / sneezes directly on another person, even at that there's no guarantee that the virus would be passed on. it's also not airborne despite what many seem to believe when they talk about air travel etc. All that aside, i'm sure we could actually change the approach to entering and leaving the ground, where the actual turnstiles are removed. there's really nothing to prevent the gates being opened and the gateman just scanning your ticket as normal before you proceed onwards.

Remember, Railway stations also have turnstiles and have many more people travelling through them on a daily basis than any championship football ground in Scotland and people are still travelling on public transport in close proximity and that's also enclosed. This will of course increase dramatically over the coming weeks.

As someone, who up until a couple of weeks ago, was still commuting daily to  Glasgow and still working in a busy office, i can honestly say that i would have far fewer safety concerns at attending somerset on any given Saturday than I did on my daily commute / working day to Glasgow.

As for the "100 limit by August", Spain have already given the go ahead for groups of 100 to meet outdoors and that's with effect from yesterday, so again August is a long, long way away and I fully expect us to be back in attendance at Somerset by August or September this year.

For Italy the following applies,

From June 15, 2020, performances open to the public in theatres, concert halls, cinemas and other open-air spaces with pre-assigned and distanced seats are permitted, ensuring respect for the interpersonal distance of at least one metre for both staff and audience, with a maximum number of 1000 spectators for outdoor performances and 200 people for indoor performances, for each individual hall.

As I say, we should be fine by August.

3 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

What about the other health risks I mentioned? What about the main stand? how do you get in and out of rows without passing someone ? only one person per row? The advice issued by governments hasn't been put out to specifically annoy football fans.  

You’re going to need to accept the fact that folk will be less than 2 metres from you. Just like the folk in supermarkets who reach up to a shelf whilst you’re standing there. Unless you (&them) are a absolute fatty it’s  easy enough to let folk pass you in the rows of the main stand without them touching you. If that doesn’t suffice people can either stay at home, or deck themselves in bubble wrap

6 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

McManus is the championships Greg Spence, will score goals for any club in the league but will in no way perform above that level. 

Although I think League one is now beyond Spence. 

Spence is a mutant.

McManus isn't a bad shout but until the dust settles and we have clarity we'll be signing no one. Nor should we tbh.

1 minute ago, Thereisalight.. said:

You’re going to need to accept the fact that folk will be less than 2 metres from you. Just like the folk in supermarkets who reach up to a shelf whilst you’re standing there. Unless you (&them) are a absolute fatty it’s  easy enough to let folk pass you in the rows of the main stand without them touching you. If that doesn’t suffice people can either stay at home, or deck themselves in bubble wrap

This is the current law, they are not going to allow football clubs, rugby clubs or cinemas, theatres to open if they can not provide sufficient space for social distancing, whether you or I am willing to accept it. 

1 hour ago, WATTOO said:

For Italy the following applies,

From June 15, 2020, performances open to the public in theatres, concert halls, cinemas and other open-air spaces with pre-assigned and distanced seats are permitted, ensuring respect for the interpersonal distance of at least one metre for both staff and audience, with a maximum number of 1000 spectators for outdoor performances and 200 people for indoor performances, for each individual hall.

As I say, we should be fine by August.

The chief medical officer in Scotland said on Radio Scotland on Saturday that he thinks a wedding of up to 80 might just be just about ok in August. 

30 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

This is the current law, they are not going to allow football clubs, rugby clubs or cinemas, theatres to open if they can not provide sufficient space for social distancing, whether you or I am willing to accept it. 

The chief medical officer in Scotland said on Radio Scotland on Saturday that he thinks a wedding of up to 80 might just be just about ok in August. 

I believe the 2 metre rule will be relaxed to 1 metre by the time August comes around. They’ve already said the risk of infection decreases significantly outdoors. They will probably not allow away fans at games for a good few months and possibly reduce the capacities at Ibrox/Parkhead by at least half. I wouldn’t be concerned with 1700 at Somerset tbh, but it’s the Government and football authorities that will decide that

12 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I believe the 2 metre rule will be relaxed to 1 metre by the time August comes around. They’ve already said the risk of infection decreases significantly outdoors. They will probably not allow away fans at games for a good few months and possibly reduce the capacities at Ibrox/Parkhead by at least half. I wouldn’t be concerned with 1700 at Somerset tbh, but it’s the Government and football authorities that will decide that

You’ve already said you wouldn’t be concerned (and would actively encourage) a complete return to normal tomorrow, so whilst it’s based on absolutely no evidence other than your selfish desperation, it’s not really a bold statement.

6 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

You’ve already said you wouldn’t be concerned (and would actively encourage) a complete return to normal tomorrow, so whilst it’s based on absolutely no evidence other than your selfish desperation, it’s not really a bold statement.

I think we need to have a more reasonable discussion about balance of risk and whether the current lockdown rules are actually protecting the most vulnerable in society while at the same time are trashing the economy.  There is plenty of evidence out there of the real statistical risk of dying from covid versus people’s understandable anxieties.

16 minutes ago, HMIP said:

I think we need to have a more reasonable discussion about balance of risk and whether the current lockdown rules are actually protecting the most vulnerable in society while at the same time are trashing the economy.  There is plenty of evidence out there of the real statistical risk of dying from covid versus people’s understandable anxieties.

If you look at the global picture, Covid won't be the biggest killer. The problem with this like any other major outbreak are the secondary impacts. The moment a health system closes down to concentrated on on a single entity people are then denied access for various reasons. There is an upshot as well of social distancing that people are picking up less bugs than they generally would, you'll probably find a much lower number of flu cases this year as a result. But as you mention, mental health issues become a major concern. We are lucky in alot of respects to have the access to medicine that we do, you will see a massive spike in Malaria and TB cases over the next couple of years in Africa due to people not wanting to visit health facilities or being denied access. 

The economy just now is on its knees. However, this is very different to the financial crisis of 2008, the recovery will be alot quicker. Many economists are expecting a rebound to growth above a point pre-lockdown. in the latter part of 2021. Things might look crap just now, but we need to remain cautious against opening up too quickly. There will be a second wave and potentially a third, quashing these and flattening the curve with lessons already learned will play a major part in the recovery. "Normality" will return at some point, we just need to keep heading in the right direction towards it. As someone, like the vast majority, who hasn't seen their family in over 9 weeks now it is shit mentally just now.

In terms of Ayr United doing things safely there are ways to this can be achieved. Such as using the exits rather than turnstiles which give a wider access point. Blocking every 2nd row and giving access to 100% of the stadium for home fans for the first month or two. It may feel odd at first but only granting access to people wearing face masks, alot of places on the continent are doing this now. You'll find air travel will probably require the same. Could be a money spinner for the club to have branded face masks. 

1 hour ago, grahamfalkmedia said:

Spoke to Lawrence Shankland at length about his time at Ayr United. Hopefully you enjoy. First 5 mins has an odd bit of background noise, but it disappears after 5 mins.

Enjoyed that. Cheers 

Spoke to Lawrence Shankland at length about his time at Ayr United. Hopefully you enjoy. First 5 mins has an odd bit of background noise, but it disappears after 5 mins.

Class stuff. Really enjoyed it.