The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Surely we’re not getting to the stage where folk think Murdoch is only highly rated because he’s been injured?

He was our best midfielder last season and the combo of him, Kelly and Doc looked like they would do really well until he got injured.

Is there some reason why we wouldn’t want both Murdoch and Docherty next season?  Kelly won’t be back and Kerr is presumably retiring so building a midfield around those two  wouldn’t be a bad start to the rebuild.  Think it’s academic as I’m sure Partick are just trying to clear out the deadwood that’s let them down so badly with Doc definitely part of their future plans.

Just now, HMIP said:

Is there some reason why we wouldn’t want both Murdoch and Docherty next season?  Kelly won’t be back and Kerr is presumably retiring so building a midfield around those two  wouldn’t be a bad start to the rebuild.  Think it’s academic as I’m sure Partick are just trying to clear out the deadwood that’s let them down so badly with Doc definitely part of their future plans.

If he goes out on loan next season outwith the Premiership I would bet on him being at Ayr 

14 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

I see Hearts are going to try and get reconstruction agreed again this week, with a top league of 14 or16.
If it was 16 would you back it?

It'll not happen so not even worth discussing. St Mirren chairman came out today and said Hearts deserved the drop and considering they need the 11-1 votes that's them pretty much fucked straight away. 

In a hypothetical sense Ann Budge is going to have to be dragged out of hampdens front door stomping her feet who's greeting like a little petulant child who wasn't allowed to get a sweet in the shop. 

Edited by rb123!

2 minutes ago, rb123! said:

It'll not happen so not even worth discussing. St Mirren chairman came out today and said Hearts deserved the drop and considering they need the 11-1 proposal that's them pretty much fucked straight away. 

In a hypothetical sense Ann Budge is going to be dragged out of hampdens front door stomping her feet and greeting like a little petulant child who wasn't allowed to get a sweet in the shop. 

Agree an 11-1 split in the vote means the cartel mentality is still alive and kicking in the top league. No Premier League team is going to vote for a 14 team league because they'll lose out financially. 

Dundee Utd suddenly thinking along these lines is both staggering and understandable but it doesn't make it right given the attempts they had at trying to get up before finally managing it with a playing budget nudging £4m. If they had finished second, a point off the top, this season you can bet they'd be squealing about how unfair it was. 

Its the nature of the beast unfortunately in times we've never seen before. 

Like it or not, relegating teams before it's mathematically certain they were going down is inherently unfair and I'd think that regardless of who the relegated team was or the league they were in. 

The SPFL can then promote Dundee Utd, Raith and Cove but not allow Brora or Kelty their chance of promotion. 

Reconstruction in itself isn't actually required in the Scottish game, but for an extreme situation like this then you extend the leagues and then have two or three relegated going forward to make things back to the way they were pre lockdown. 

Sadly as the SPFL and English Premier league are showing, TV money dictates decisions, not fairness, common sense or rational thinking and that just isn't right. Makes me scunnered thinking about it all to be honest. 

Everyone's in it for themselves, rightly or wrongly. 

28 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

I see Hearts are going to try and get reconstruction agreed again this week, with a top league of 14 or16.

Definitely. It would be great for us financially. Money from the TV deal, an increase in crowds. It’s  a no brainer. The only negative would be having to cleanse Somerset when the hordes from Glasgow play us there 

19 minutes ago, rb123! said:

It'll not happen so not even worth discussing. St Mirren chairman came out today and said Hearts deserved the drop and considering they need the 11-1 votes that's them pretty much fucked straight away. 

In a hypothetical sense Ann Budge is going to have to be dragged out of hampdens front door stomping her feet who's greeting like a little petulant child who wasn't allowed to get a sweet in the shop. 

I actually think this has a better chance of going through than before. The Spfl for a variety of reasons simply can’t afford legal action to happen. There is also a massive problem looming around starting a season and clubs finances. There may be no other option but to change the structure to keep the game going

1 hour ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

It won't happen. But i will defiantly let my heart rule my head if it get's us in the top flight.  

4 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

I’d rather get into the top flight of our doing. 

We've had about forty tries at this. If the league goes to sixteen then we would be in it on merit.

We’d likely be relegated straight away due to being pretty unprepared for the league. At least a year of playing Celtic, Rangers and Killie would boost our coffers and set us up to have a proper go of being promoted properly.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8342029/Scottish-League-One-Two-JANUARY-SPFL-set-crisis-talks-future.html

Putting this in here after seeing it in the Partick thread, interesting to say the least. 

Don't understand how it would be financially unviable to run League 1 and 2 but viable to run the championship. 

Clubs in league 1 like Partick and Falkirk will have much larger funds than the likes of Alloa, Arbroath and QOTS etc. 

If this is true i can definitely see Docherty being with us next season, presume league 1 would have a shortened season of just playing each other twice.

5 hours ago, rb123! said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8342029/Scottish-League-One-Two-JANUARY-SPFL-set-crisis-talks-future.html

Putting this in here after seeing it in the Partick thread, interesting to say the least. 

Don't understand how it would be financially unviable to run League 1 and 2 but viable to run the championship. 

Clubs in league 1 like Partick and Falkirk will have much larger funds than the likes of Alloa, Arbroath and QOTS etc. 

If this is true i can definitely see Docherty being with us next season, presume league 1 would have a shortened season of just playing each other twice.

Maybe they have enough sponsorship cash and ideas around generating match day revenue to support and underwrite two but not four leagues. Even at this the money in the game would be much less imo. If this ever did happen what’s  the chances of Partick and Falkirk getting back in and other clubs taking a rest due to finances   

If the league starts in August, it'll be behind closed doors for a few months anyway. If clubs cant play games behind closed doors due to the finances behind live streams and the "bubble" system teams will have to operate under then it won't be back until, at the earliest I would guess, October for crowds under 5000. 

There is no way you can play 36/38 games, plus the other domestic and European matches in a reduced season, every team has at least one called off match a season, plus cup replays. 

Having three leagues of 16 and relegating the bottom teams the following season not only cancels relegation this year but promotes all teams in the highland/lowland leagues, all teams in a play-off place and gives teams a sporting chance to stay in the league they are in.

12 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

I’d rather get into the top flight of our doing. 

I genuinely couldn’t give a shite, it’s been nearly 50 years and I’d quite like to witness us playing in the top flight. It’s not like the top flight hasn’t had 16 or more teams in the past.

It won’t happen though.