The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Just a thought but what does that mean for PCA players like Doc and Forrest?

Technically they weren’t Livi or Partick employees in March so i’m unsure whether they’ll be covered or not. Could see a situation where both PCA are ripped up maybe.

You can only be furloughed if you were working for an employer on or before 19th March, so neither Partick nor Livi could furlough them. It could be that they officially stay as employees of Ayr Utd until such time as either club can afford to pay for their wages off their own back. That wouldn’t cost Ayr anything, as I can’t see their wages being “topped up”, but it would mean they had some sort of income. It would be a bit harsh to completely cut them adrift, and it doesn’t reflect well on the club if they were.

Of course, Partick and Livingston could feel they can afford to pay them for a month or two. Depends on how much they were being offered, really.

Am I not correct in saying PCAs are little more than having a start date for a job, and are actually quite tricky to enforce in reality anyway? It may be some PCAs fall through, but I wouldn’t expect it.

I think the club should refuse a refund too anyone that asks .

Fixed that for you.

Two of the worst shouts I’ve ever seen on here.

Let’s victimise someone who is potentially having major money issues due to the current situation.

5 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Two of the worst shouts I’ve ever seen on here.

Let’s victimise someone who is potentially having major money issues due to the current situation.

Agreed, but then so is this:

1 hour ago, Tam_O_Shanter said:
5 hours ago, 1nickydevlin said:
I think the club should refuse a refund too anyone that asks .

Refunds should be automatic unless terms and conditions state different.

How do you propose “automatic” refunds would work? Do we have all season ticket holders’ bank details written down somewhere?

Clubs should be offering refunds so those who need/want it, while those who don’t should be free to waive it. I’m struggling to think of any industry where “automatic” refunds are a thing.

Thing is guys Paul Watson is available, he’s an experienced centre half and we may well be in the centre half recruitment business  . We only have four or five players signed for next season so we do have a bit of flex in the budget . If we are bold , we can get a player who would ordinarily be bound for Falkirk , Thistle or Dundee . As they say “faint heart never won fair maiden” ! As somebody said it would only cost three or four months wages . I do understand that this is not usually the Ayr United way but we are not going to be able to sustain a top four finish by being lucky in the youth reject and loan market all the time . A serious spine in this team is needed and a quality centre half , goal scorer and rejuvenated Andy Murdock are most  deffo on the shopping list . If indeed we are chasing a top four finish that is ......  

How do you propose “automatic” refunds would work? Do we have all season ticket holders’ bank details written down somewhere?
Clubs should be offering refunds so those who need/want it, while those who don’t should be free to waive it. I’m struggling to think of any industry where “automatic” refunds are a thing.
I don't think he meant automatically going to everyone, and more automatic if applied for - no qs asked.

Could be wrong though.

Thing is guys Paul Watson is available, he’s an experienced centre half and we may well be in the centre half recruitment business  . We only have four or five players signed for next season so we do have a bit of flex in the budget . If we are bold , we can get a player who would ordinarily be bound for Falkirk , Thistle or Dundee . As they say “faint heart never won fair maiden” ! As somebody said it would only cost three or four months wages . I do understand that this is not usually the Ayr United way but we are not going to be able to sustain a top four finish by being lucky in the youth reject and loan market all the time . A serious spine in this team is needed and a quality centre half , goal scorer and rejuvenated Andy Murdock are most  deffo on the shopping list . If indeed we are chasing a top four finish that is ......  

“Only 3 or 4 months wages”

We can’t afford that with no income.

11 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

I don't think he meant automatically going to everyone, and more automatic if applied for - no qs asked.

Could be wrong though.

Fair enough if I’ve misinterpreted it then. I agree it should be simple enough for those who want to do so, although I’m sure most would just forgo it.

There will be a lot of good players looking for a wage this summer and some clubs at our level will take a punt . Won’t labour the point ,the counter narrative does hold water so fair enough ...

On a separate note , of our seven out of contract players , given that Harvie will have good offers , who would we be offering to extend ?  Murdoch is obvious but we may have rivals , Bell ? Moffat ? Geggan ? Aero ?  

13 minutes ago, Tigerland said:

There will be a lot of good players looking for a wage this summer and some clubs at our level will take a punt . Won’t labour the point ,the counter narrative does hold water so fair enough ...

On a separate note , of our seven out of contract players , given that Harvie will have good offers , who would we be offering to extend ?  Murdoch is obvious but we may have rivals , Bell ? Moffat ? Geggan ? Aero ?  

Only two I’m overly fussed on is Murdoch and Harvie. Not against the others re-signing but are replaceable. 

15 minutes ago, Tigerland said:

During normal times we don’t have the resources to get much of our summer business done early on. Doing this when we don’t know what the next league campaign looks like would be a risky move 

21 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Only two I’m overly fussed on is Murdoch and Harvie. Not against the others re-signing but are replaceable. 

My belief  is very few players want to leave , I think that most players who’s contract is up that Ayr want to stay ( not counting loanees ) will be there next season , I expect  to see both Murdoch and Harvie in an Ayr top when the season starts 

Edited by Robbo63

I’d call getting Murdy on a two year deal a great bit of business . Getting Harvie will be up there with getting LS on that extension after we won the league .... Harvie is one of the best players in the Championship only bettered by maybe LS himself ...

I just assumed T_O_S was at the wind up.

I doubt we could sell season tickets if we don't know when games will start, when crowds will be back in stadiums and based on the first two questions, what format the league will be. 

As for signing players, until all of the above is answered then I am comfortable with not signing anyone. Thistle in particular have been hit bad, big signings at Christmas on 18 month deals and Docherty (not sure of any others) on a pre-contract and then a relegation. I was surprised Livingston announced Forrest when they did, I am assuming he will be their problem as of the end of the month. 

Some lower league clubs will be able to shut up shop and reopen like a start-up because they are run by volunteers and have no full time staff, It will be clubs round about us that will suffer the most so the timing will need to be right between signing players to early and losing money....and getting caught sleeping, losing out on decent players. 

4 hours ago, Trogdor said:

I'd imagine they'll be priced at £280 tbh. Its been going up in £20 increments the last couple of seasons. Maybe they'll push it to £300 with £280 for an early bird purchase before December?

Have we started a book on when the new season will start with fans in attendance?

4 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

A bit difficult to punt season tickets when we don’t know when we’ll be back at football. 

I see no reason (apart from living in a nanny state) why we can’t play in front of fans in 3 months time. 

17 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I see no reason (apart from living in a nanny state) why we can’t play in front of fans in 3 months time. 

You could be right , but too big a gamble for the club , say we sold a good number of tickets, signed players to that budget , then the so called nanny state says no fans till 2021 , financial disaster if fans wanted refund on games missed  

edit to add

due to furlough we would not be in a position to put season tickets up for sale until end of June at absolute earliest 

Edited by Robbo63

You could be right , but too big a gamble for the club , say we sold a good number of tickets, signed players to that budget , then the so called nanny state says no fans till 2021 , financial disaster if fans wanted refund on games missed  
edit to add
due to furlough we would not be in a position to put season tickets up for sale until end of June at absolute earliest 

Will that apply as well for those who pre ordered shirts?

25 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

You must have missed it, but there's a global pandemic on.

1 minute ago, Iain said:

You must have missed it, but there's a global pandemic on.

I’m very aware of that as it’s been rammed down our throats for months now. I’d hardly say 2 deaths in a day is a justifiable reason to continue with lockdown measures. 3 months is a long time away. The news tonight said covid could be here to stay for years, so what do we do? All stay inside and have no football etc until it goes away. Absolute madness

I’m very aware of that as it’s been rammed down our throats for months now. I’d hardly say 2 deaths in a day is a justifiable reason to continue with lockdown measures. 3 months is a long time away. The news tonight said covid could be here to stay for years, so what do we do? All stay inside and have no football etc until it goes away. Absolute madness

I’d say 2 deaths a day caused by an easily transmitted virus is more than justifiable for lockdown measures to stay.

You can’t have contact sports with crowds whilst so many are still dying from it.