The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Podcast is a very good listen. 

ETA: He said at the end of the interview that out of all the players who have been at Ayr United in his time as chairman only one wouldn’t be welcome back. Johnny Tiffoney imo. 

Edited by ayrunitedfw

14 hours ago, WATTOO said:

The bottom line here is that nobody knows what the situation will be two months from now.

The Government don't know, the experts don't know, the football authorities definitely don't know and there's certainly nobody posting on this football forum who has any idea whatsoever.

Less than three weeks ago the "herd immunity" plan was thought to be the best course of action, so really we're all kidding ourselves if we think we know what or when things will change again.

Going by Wuhan, they had a 3 month lockdown that was enforced more strictly than here, so we'll have at least 3 months of lockdown too. Plus as stated by WHO and others, there's no point lifting lockdown measures until Covid-19 as been dealt with worldwide otherwise a second wave of infections could hit if travel restrictions are lifted. In other words, there's very very little hope that there would be enough time to finish this season, if anything next season will get delayed too. 'Best' course of action is to draw a line under the current season in some shape or form, so teams know where they stand going into next season, whenever it starts.

Going by Wuhan, they had a 3 month lockdown that was enforced more strictly than here, so we'll have at least 3 months of lockdown too. Plus as stated by WHO and others, there's no point lifting lockdown measures until Covid-19 as been dealt with worldwide otherwise a second wave of infections could hit if travel restrictions are lifted. In other words, there's very very little hope that there would be enough time to finish this season, if anything next season will get delayed too. 'Best' course of action is to draw a line under the current season in some shape or form, so teams know where they stand going into next season, whenever it starts.
Saying that wuhan had this so we'll have this is pretty misguided.

The chinese government and economy are entirely different - and we haven't copied their strategy so far.

I think in 3 weeks or so we'll be starting to gradually ease the restrictions (due to economic impact).

37 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

The chinese government and economy are entirely different - and we haven't copied their strategy so far.

I think in 3 weeks or so we'll be starting to gradually ease the restrictions (due to economic impact).

We are due to pass China's numbers in a shorter period of time with the amount of cases still rising in the UK, we are nowhere near the peak of this yet, maybe we will be in three weeks  but I doubt we will be relaxing any measures before June at the earliest. 

https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/map.html

11 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

We are due to pass China's numbers in a shorter period of time with the amount of cases still rising in the UK, we are nowhere near the peak of this yet, maybe we will be in three weeks  but I doubt we will be relaxing any measures before June at the earliest. 

https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/map.html

And you seriously believe the figures China released are fact? 

10 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

China 's figures don't necessarily matter. Look at the trajectory we are on compared to other first world nations. It doesn't look good. And we know that UK wide reported deaths are inaccurate, as for England at least the number of deaths reported applies to those in hospitals on!y.

Economic impact placated = more deaths
Are we just seen as collateral damage now?

48 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

No, but someone was using the lockdown period in China as a projection on when it would be lifted here.

We are still on the rise, not testing at a required scale and still have a fairly lax lockdown compared to other countries that are handling this better.  

3 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Podcast is a very good listen. 

ETA: He said at the end of the interview that out of all the players who have been at Ayr United in his time as chairman only one wouldn’t be welcome back. Johnny Tiffoney imo. 

Did he not attempt to take the club to court for "ruining his career"?

He seemed to do a pretty good job of ruining his own career himself. I don't think he needed any help there.

Edited by The Gypsy King

1 hour ago, pandarilla said:

I think you're wrong but even if you're right there's a long way different between some gradual ease of restrictions and the allowing of a contact competitive sport to be played, let alone with crowds.

The Govt and football authorities have already agreed it can't be played before July AT BEST. It's likely to go later.

2 hours ago, pandarilla said:

I agree. The underlying figures in the Uk are looking better but they aren’t giving much good news away incase people start chucking the lockdown.

All the focus is on us currently as we get to the worst point in the figures. For some reason Spain and Italy aren’t important any more to sky news. In the background nhs capacity is being built for when the lockdown eases.

Learnings are being taken from Italy hence why the Secc is being built and ultimately that may house  most of the patients. It’s then back to work with social distancing measures and hope we have enough capacity or further temporary lockdowns 

https://twitter.com/tapbagpodcast/status/1248752142384496643?s=21 

Apple: http://tinyurl.com/TabBag5 

Spotify:  http:// tinyurl.com/uasqxbd

Hi folks, as some of you may have already noticed, I done an interview last night with Ayr United owner Lachlan Cameron for our new Scottish football podcast ‘The Tap Bag’ 

If you’ve already gave it a listen then it’s really appreciated. If not, the links are above.

He joined us from Pasadena, California and he speaks very candidly about the resolution vote and gives his views on the future of Scottish football. I feel like lower league fans in particular might get a kick out of it.  Ayr are lucky to have a chairman as transparent and honest as Lachlan. Other clubs should take note.

Give it a listen if you think you’re hard enough and feel free to subscribe and follow us on Twitter while you’re at it. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated 

27 minutes ago, rb123! said:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/spfl-double-whammy-being-served-21850745

Seems as if there is no relegation clause in the pre-contract, silly guy

It's a pretty ridiculous article as Doc agreed to join Thistle when they were bottom of the league and must have been prepared for the distinct possibility that they would be relegated. I also don't agree that their results and form has picked up since January as it's more to do with QOS being on a completely horrific run and huge decline since January.

That being said, I still don't believe it to be fair or correct to end the season now and relegate / promote anyone before the season has been played out.

Unsure if this has already been covered, but what happens if the season is ended early ? Do players contracts become null and void or do they continue to be paid until the summer ?

As nobody knows when the following season will commence (if ever), then would this not be a terrible deal for the players as they won't be getting paid ? Alternatively if they re-signed / extended their contracts with their current club then they could continue to be paid through the Furlough scheme but if they move club then they will cease to qualify and will end up with nothing / universal credits.

Has anyone discussed this do we know ?

I think that a company can re-hire someone who has resigned or been made redundant for the sole purpose of furloughing them, so that would probably happen for football clubs too.  I'm maybe not 100% as furloughing is not something that has happened in my field, however.

As for Doc's comments, I can't really have any pity for him.  He made the decision to sign for a team sitting bottom of the league, and therefore relegation was, and is, a distinct possibility.  As for Partick not budgeting to be in League One next year, that's a breathtaking level of arrogance given their league position and they would ultimately get what they deserve should they go down either way.