D'Jaffo

The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Stranraer v Ayr is the game being shown by AU Media this afternoon. I might give that a watch actually. 
Is it the game where Paddy Boyle scores the winner and the Ayr fan falls over the barrier?

13 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I can’t imagine Sunderland fans would’ve been happy at the club signing a player from the second tier of Scottish football to replace the kid Maja even if in the long run it had worked out.

Donald came across ok but his naivety in the transfer market with Grigg and not preparing for Maja not signing a deal were his biggest mistakes.

I’ve only watched the first episode however Donald’s right hand man seems like a right David Brent character. 

9 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:
30 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:
Stranraer v Ayr is the game being shown by AU Media this afternoon. I might give that a watch actually. 

Is it the game where Paddy Boyle scores the winner and the Ayr fan falls over the barrier?

Aye that’s the one. We were 3-1 up and Stranraer brought it back to 3-3 then Boyle scored the winner late on. 

Ach I watched the highlights to that last week, pass. 

POTY going to be a virtual busy night just about 270 purchased already , keep the purchases coming , next target 300 then see where we can end up , could we reach a magical 500 by end of April when sales close , £30 gets your ticket and a one off limited edition Ayr T Shirt  

35 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

POTY going to be a virtual busy night just about 270 purchased already , keep the purchases coming , next target 300 then see where we can end up , could we reach a magical 500 by end of April when sales close , £30 gets your ticket and a one off limited edition Ayr T Shirt  

How's the new strip sales going?

3 hours ago, rb123! said:

How's the new strip sales going?

Just over 100 so far , sales starting to pick up well 

Edited by Robbo63

How does that compare to last season?

18 hours ago, Robbo63 said:

Just over 100 so far , sales starting to pick up well 

Have Ayr released a strip for next season already?

The home top for next season is available for order and will be shipped out when the government allows for non essential shops to reopen I presume.

21 minutes ago, third lanark said:

Aye. Obviously released early to try and generate much needed cash. Surprised other teams haven’t done similar to be honest. 

1 hour ago, rb123! said:

@Robbo63 you fancy divulging on what these "internal building improvements" are?

I would hope proper hygiene at the toilets would be uppermost in thoughts.

Where we seeing this? 

On 04/04/2020 at 11:28, D'Jaffo said:

I can’t imagine Sunderland fans would’ve been happy at the club signing a player from the second tier of Scottish football to replace the kid Maja even if in the long run it had worked out.

Donald came across ok but his naivety in the transfer market with Grigg and not preparing for Maja not signing a deal were his biggest mistakes.

The goals that Shankland would undoubtedly have got would have made their minds up and his goals would have surely seen them promoted. I cant believe Jack Ross wasn't aware of Shankland's talents, but perhaps overall, they just didnt fancy him.

The goals that Shankland would undoubtedly have got would have made their minds up and his goals would have surely seen them promoted. I cant believe Jack Ross wasn't aware of Shankland's talents, but perhaps overall, they just didnt fancy him.

Given the way Jack Ross set his team up, I don’t think he would’ve scored that many goals.

Don’t forget Will Grigg was a proven goal scorer at that level but in that Sunderland team where he was starved of any service, he was never going to score goals for them.

3 hours ago, rb123! said:

@Robbo63 you fancy divulging on what these "internal building improvements" are?

Unfortunately some things are not for sharing , just making fans aware that the club are looking at improving things at the ground , 

1 hour ago, Robbo63 said:

Unfortunately some things are not for sharing , just making fans aware that the club are looking at improving things at the ground , 

Any chance the works will be delayed with the current situation

2 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Any chance the works will be delayed with the current situation

Almost certainly as the directors business will  have more important jobs to catch up on as they have a massive housing project ongoing