The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

2 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

Pay per view would have to cost less than a match ticket, there are upsides and downsides. 

Ayr have 1300 season ticket holders , would we need to provide match free to them  as technically they have paid to watch that game ,

Wimbledon in early July has already been cancelled.  The Open Championship in late July is already cancelled.  The Edinburgh festival in August is already cancelled.  The idea that we’ll be back playing football in June is fantasy.  

2 hours ago, eez-eh said:

Fair points, and these are some of the things that should be getting looked into - rather than railroading through the end of the season when no one has a clue what the script will be this time next week.

What makes you think they haven't been looked into?

14 minutes ago, HMIP said:

Wimbledon in early July has already been cancelled.  The Open Championship in late July is already cancelled.  The Edinburgh festival in August is already cancelled.  The idea that we’ll be back playing football in June is fantasy.  

A number of these are cancelled as tickets need to be on sale now along with lots of international travel being involved , 

1 minute ago, Robbo63 said:

A number of these are cancelled as tickets need to be on sale now along with lots of international travel being involved , 

I remember the good old days back in the 90s when the Open was pay at the gate!  

7 hours ago, WATTOO said:

I get what you're saying but the other side of the picture is that there's lots of us still working pretty much BAU apart from a bigger focus on social distancing. There's also an appetite to start easing restrictions throughout Europe and we're only a couple of weeks behind them. Denmark have already decided to reopen their schools.

Being honest if I and many others can safely commute to Glasgow and work in an office with another 500+ people throughout this crisis, then I don't believe it's such a jump to expect football to return within the next two to three months.

As mentioned previously, German sides are restarting training and are planning recommencing by May, granted without fans, however another month on from this then it has to be feasible.

Even a little "thinking out the box" could have options such as home crowds only with social distancing in place which would stop major movement and potential spreading of the virus from area to area.

Ultimately there's more happening here than just football, so if we as a country have eased restrictions on travel and social distancing by the likes of June (which I believe we will), then this question will have been answered for us and football will indeed be capable of restarting with only minimal, if any, restrictions in place.

You're not really working "BAU" though are you? And even if you are, it's probably non contact, without crowds of people sitting tightly packed together watching you work and potentially wearing significant protective gear (I don't know what you personally do but lots of jobs are continuing with more protection - screens for cashiers, handcleansers and limited customer access in most places, etc). 

These don't apply to football. It's a relatively contact sport and, on a open door basis at least, involves lots of people otherwise unconnected to one another gathering in small spaces with only a few entry and exit bottlenecks. The players can't very well play in visors and masks either. We are absolutely MILES from playing competitive football again. Closed doors might be possible by mid July with a lot of luck and skill and people doing as they are actually asked to do. Open doors is going to be further behind than that.

Football has already been ruled out till mid July at the very earliest. That's not a "probably" that's a fact which the League has already confirmed.

6 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

You're not really working "BAU" though are you? And even if you are, it's probably non contact, without crowds of people sitting tightly packed together watching you work and potentially wearing significant protective gear (I don't know what you personally do but lots of jobs are continuing with more protection - screens for cashiers, handcleansers and limited customer access in most places, etc). 

These don't apply to football. It's a relatively contact sport and, on a open door basis at least, involves lots of people otherwise unconnected to one another gathering in small spaces with only a few entry and exit bottlenecks. The players can't very well play in visors and masks either. We are absolutely MILES from playing competitive football again. Closed doors might be possible by mid July with a lot of luck and skill and people doing as they are actually asked to do. Open doors is going to be further behind than that.

Football has already been ruled out till mid July at the very earliest. That's not a "probably" that's a fact which the League has already confirmed.

Think this is the problem.  Social distancing is going to be with us for a long time.  Playing a game of football where everyone has to keep 2m apart could be impractical.

9 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Forrest to Livi has been formally announced on their Twitter.

Good luck to him.

Probably underlines the problem of extending this season.  Contractual situation would be a nightmare.

1 minute ago, HMIP said:

Probably underlines the problem of extending this season.  Contractual situation would be a nightmare.

It's not really any different to Ross Docherty who has continued to play for you successfully hasn't he?

Although the point at which these guys will be due a wage rise may change which will complicate it (for both of them)

56 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Closed door matches won’t be possible for our level.

Open door matches will not be possible until August/September time.

What about my holiday to the states in September? Should I be shitting myself?

Good luck to Forrest, been here for some time. Nearly 250 games is an impressive total, still remember his debut at Hampden.

He's been at the club through some very good and very bad times. I'm sure he'll do well at Livi.

He also confirmed that Dundee and Partick were in for him.

15 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

It's not really any different to Ross Docherty who has continued to play for you successfully hasn't he?

Although the point at which these guys will be due a wage rise may change which will complicate it (for both of them)

Very different.  If we extend the season, Docherty will complete it as a Partick player.