D'Jaffo

The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

East Fife 2-3 Ayr United. The game that won us the league imo. 

Alloa v Raith from the last day of 17-18.

12 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

East Fife 2-3 Ayr United. The game that won us the league imo. 

Was that when Shiny Teeth scored a hat-trick of penalties and then got sent off?

8 hours ago, mugen_power said:

Was that when Shiny Teeth scored a hat-trick of penalties and then got sent off?

No. It was 2 years ago. Forrest, Bell and Moore were the scorers.

1 hour ago, RedEd said:

No. It was 2 years ago. Forrest, Bell and Moore were the scorers.

And Jack Ruddy in nets for us. What a handicap that was...

fail robin zentner GIF

Watched the full re run of the Dundee United game yesterday and holy f**k that was some team we had last season, that team deserved to finish higher than 4th and probably have a better go at promotion but there's a variety of factors we know about as to why that didn't happen. 

I know McCall has burnt a lot of bridges with Ayr fans after everything that happened with the Thistle move but i think you have to appreciate the job McCall done building that team and thank him for giving us probably the best squad we've had in the modern era, certainly the best squad under the Cameron era.

1 hour ago, rb123! said:

Watched the full re run of the Dundee United game yesterday and holy f**k that was some team we had last season, that team deserved to finish higher than 4th and probably have a better go at promotion but there's a variety of factors we know about as to why that didn't happen. 

I know McCall has burnt a lot of bridges with Ayr fans after everything that happened with the Thistle move but i think you have to appreciate the job McCall done building that team and thank him for giving us probably the best squad we've had in the modern era, certainly the best squad under the Cameron era.

Just shows how good Talbot are.

1 hour ago, rb123! said:

f**k Ian McCall

Negative nelly hat on here but it’s a struggle to watch any of the highlights from last season without wondering what could have been if we didn’t shit the bed at home to Ross County.

Negative nelly hat on here but it’s a struggle to watch any of the highlights from last season without wondering what could have been if we didn’t shit the bed at home to Ross County.

I can’t really remember any good moments from last season after that game. Maybe the win against Dundee Utd at Somerset but nothing besides that.

Dunfermline showed something yesterday that basically ran through their best moments from the 15/16 season. Would love to see something similar for our league winning season.

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

Dunfermline showed something yesterday that basically ran through their best moments from the 15/16 season. Would love to see something similar for our league winning season.

^This

3 hours ago, the west curve said:

Just shows how good Talbot are.

It's bad enough having a pandemic - why don't you stay isolated in your rat infested hole twelve miles up the road., kiliescum  

2 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

f**k Ian McCall

Good laugh that he's ending up back in the seaside league once again

Doubt it now.

I can’t see there being any relegations this season.

Doubt it now.

I can’t see there being any relegations this season.

I don't see any good reason why we need to move on to a new season just because we pass a certain date. Whenever they start playing again they just need to resume the current season. Even if it's in November.

52 minutes ago, Iain said:

I don't see any good reason why we need to move on to a new season just because we pass a certain date. Whenever they start playing again they just need to resume the current season. Even if it's in November.

What about player contracts etc? The only way I can see that working is if the sfa implement some rule which states only players registered at the club by 31 January 2019 can play in the remaining games.