The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

51 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

I thought yesterdays statement by Uefa confirmed that they wanted ALL leagues to complete, irrespective of whether that meant restarting in June, July, August or September ?

Personally I think that the lockdown will be lifted by the end of June and possibly sooner, whether that means football restarting is another matter of course but reading between the lines of various Governments and EU countries releases, I think they want the Economies to return to some semblance of normality sooner rather than later.

I also note that Tui have today issued a statement saying that they will recommence their flights and holidays on June 17th.

It's an ever changing picture of course, but there's certainly lots of pressure being exerted on Governments by various business groups and lobbyists and should things start to look better over the next few weeks then I'd expect that pressure to start to tell.

The current situation is that the virus hasn't peaked so until that happens, I doubt anything will become clearer. If you look at the amount of cases compared to population, it is relatively low but until they can test for people to show if they have had it or can't get it on a much larger scale, I can't see the lockdown being lifted. There would always be a danger that there could be a second or third spike. Maybe regionally, things could be relaxed but from a football point of view, you would still have numbers of people using main public transport hubs. 

Just now, diegomarahenry said:

The current situation is that the virus hasn't peaked so until that happens, I doubt anything will become clearer. If you look at the amount of cases compared to population, it is relatively low but until they can test for people to show if they have had it or can't get it on a much larger scale, I can't see the lockdown being lifted. There would always be a danger that there could be a second or third spike. Maybe regionally, things could be relaxed but from a football point of view, you would still have numbers of people using main public transport hubs. 

This is True, however at our level I don't think this would be much of an issue as social distancing would still be possible.

It's like everything else, right now it looks unlikely but if the schools are restarted successfully without a dramatic increase in infections, then I could see everything else quickly following suit.

I’ve read about, listened to and watched those that have had the virus and when it is nasty, it is very very nasty.

Why would anyone consider taking a risk in catching it?

Surely the country needs a test first, then everything else follows?

Anything else would be playing Russian roulette

Wonder if there will be a club statement about what our clubs viewpoint is on this proposal.

When I first saw the plans this afternoon I was of the viewpoint of fair enough and we'll vote for it. However thinking about it more we are in a play off place atm and in with a chance of promotion to the premiership so idk now.

*Seems unfair for that opportunity for us to be taken away from us because of no fault of our own. I know the current wider country situation is far more important than whether we get promoted or not but just thought I'd say what I thought

Wonder if there will be a club statement about what our clubs viewpoint is on this proposal.

When I first saw the plans this afternoon I was of the viewpoint of fair enough and we'll vote for it. However thinking about it more we are in a play off place atm and in with a chance of promotion to the premiership so idk now.

We should vote for it.

The remaining games will not be played and this way it likely gets us our prize money a bit quicker. Plus it confirms Partick through the trap door.

I wouldn't promote or relegate anyone, they either re-structure or they give out the prize money for league places, even award the championship trophy but to relegate teams with a lifeline for survival is unfair considering the financial hit the clubs will already be taking. Awarding teams at the top of the league the Championship purse should be compensation enough in times like these. 

5 hours ago, WATTOO said:

I thought yesterdays statement by Uefa confirmed that they wanted ALL leagues to complete, irrespective of whether that meant restarting in June, July, August or September ?

They might want them to but compelling them to is a different story. Even in megabucks land few clubs have the capacity to simply keep on trucking for a literally indefinite period before things need to be wrapped up. tbqh I can see the Belorussian transfer window being the busiest in history right now.

Good statement from Lachlan, can’t really argue with any of it.  I think there has to be a pragmatic acceptance that this season isn’t going to be completed and decisions need to be taken.  His insistence that there should be a playoff is reasonable but tough to see when they could be played.  

Good statement from Cameron and agree with all he says, Was just lacking a humour post at the end with something along the lines of "plus it'll be nice to see that w****r McCall sent back down to the seaside league"

1 hour ago, rb123! said:

Good statement from Cameron and agree with all he says, Was just lacking a humour post at the end with something along the lines of "plus it'll be nice to see that w****r McCall sent back down to the seaside league"

As joyous as that would be, he rightly kept it professional. I've been impressed with Lachlan as of late. Communication has been timely and apt this season.

Spoiler

Cue the announcement of a Facebook Q&A with Lachlan and some of the bams from within our support. 🤣

Edited by Trogdor

A rushed proposal with cash attached is the sort of deal you should be avoiding at all costs. Not really sure why this has to be decided right now instead of waiting for a few weeks to see how things develop. Also why contracts can’t be extended and amended like many others things are currently. It is very difficult to alter a league in play with a decent outcome but no reason why different thinking can’t be applied to season 20/21. Perhaps some ideas around league reconstruction could also be made known. Don’t see why further discussion can’t happen and more trade offs to keep clubs happy. Unless of course many clubs are skint and liable to fold.  One of the biggest complaints from lower league clubs over the years is around self preservation yet when the opportunity comes along many seem happy  to do likewise 

2 hours ago, AyrExile said:

A rushed proposal with cash attached is the sort of deal you should be avoiding at all costs. Not really sure why this has to be decided right now instead of waiting for a few weeks to see how things develop. Also why contracts can’t be extended and amended like many others things are currently. It is very difficult to alter a league in play with a decent outcome but no reason why different thinking can’t be applied to season 20/21. Perhaps some ideas around league reconstruction could also be made known. Don’t see why further discussion can’t happen and more trade offs to keep clubs happy. Unless of course many clubs are skint and liable to fold.  One of the biggest complaints from lower league clubs over the years is around self preservation yet when the opportunity comes along many seem happy  to do likewise 

Yes, 100% agree.

Ultimately this is only the second week of April and the Government furlough scheme is available, I can see no reason at all why this needs to be decided right now as opposed to waiting at least another month.

Shocking  and completely disagree with Cameron’s decision this whole league programme needs played out in the fairness of sport. German league reported to be starting training next week and no reason why we can’t be doing the same by end of May, get games played starting June  Behind closed doors Monday Wednesday Saturday with whatever squad you’ve got and it will be finished end June , forget about the cups and see how things are in July if the play offs are possible .

27 minutes ago, Lochwood said:

Shocking  and completely disagree with Cameron’s decision this whole league programme needs played out in the fairness of sport. German league reported to be starting training next week and no reason why we can’t be doing the same by end of May, get games played starting June  Behind closed doors Monday Wednesday Saturday with whatever squad you’ve got and it will be finished end June , forget about the cups and see how things are in July if the play offs are possible .

Playing behind closed doors is a non starter as it would mean bringing staff out of furlough while at the same time still having no match day income to pay wages etc.    It might make sense for the big leagues like England and Germany where TV money is so important, but not in Scotland.  Will be months before we’re back playing football in front of actual crowds.

The club have  clearly already said  previously they can manage even though there would be no income from the  home games that were left so your point about coming out of furlough and it’s effect has been taken into consideration, irrelevant any way as Cameron has made his statement on national papers and I disagree with it entitled to my opinion football integrity out the window.

18 minutes ago, Lochwood said:

The club have  clearly already said  previously they can manage even though there would be no income from the  home games that were left so your point about coming out of furlough and it’s effect has been taken into consideration, irrelevant any way as Cameron has made his statement on national papers and I disagree with it entitled to my opinion football integrity out the window.

The top part is only true  to a degree , David Smith clearly stated the club could look after the salaries of everyone at the club until the end of May , with this going to drag on much longer and going by Lachlan’s tweet , where he states most clubs could not survive much longer than that , as stated above if the league was continue behind closed doors most clubs outwith Premiership could not afford to pay salaries with no income , 

A910D100-AAB0-4CAE-A15E-CDBF3A8F3829.jpeg

Edited by Robbo63

9 minutes ago, Lochwood said:

That’s nonsense.  No one from the club has said any such thing.  They’ve said the club are probably better placed to survive than some e.g. Inverness who have a lot of bank debt, but there clearly isn’t a bottomless pit of money.