The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

21 minutes ago, third lanark said:

Have Ayr released a strip for next season already?

Aye. Obviously released early to try and generate much needed cash. Surprised other teams haven’t done similar to be honest. 

On 04/04/2020 at 11:28, D'Jaffo said:

I can’t imagine Sunderland fans would’ve been happy at the club signing a player from the second tier of Scottish football to replace the kid Maja even if in the long run it had worked out.

Donald came across ok but his naivety in the transfer market with Grigg and not preparing for Maja not signing a deal were his biggest mistakes.

The goals that Shankland would undoubtedly have got would have made their minds up and his goals would have surely seen them promoted. I cant believe Jack Ross wasn't aware of Shankland's talents, but perhaps overall, they just didnt fancy him.

The goals that Shankland would undoubtedly have got would have made their minds up and his goals would have surely seen them promoted. I cant believe Jack Ross wasn't aware of Shankland's talents, but perhaps overall, they just didnt fancy him.

Given the way Jack Ross set his team up, I don’t think he would’ve scored that many goals.

Don’t forget Will Grigg was a proven goal scorer at that level but in that Sunderland team where he was starved of any service, he was never going to score goals for them.

3 hours ago, rb123! said:

@Robbo63 you fancy divulging on what these "internal building improvements" are?

Unfortunately some things are not for sharing , just making fans aware that the club are looking at improving things at the ground , 

1 hour ago, Robbo63 said:

Unfortunately some things are not for sharing , just making fans aware that the club are looking at improving things at the ground , 

Any chance the works will be delayed with the current situation

2 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Any chance the works will be delayed with the current situation

Almost certainly as the directors business will  have more important jobs to catch up on as they have a massive housing project ongoing 

On 04/04/2020 at 17:44, Robbo63 said:

POTY going to be a virtual busy night just about 270 purchased already , keep the purchases coming , next target 300 then see where we can end up , could we reach a magical 500 by end of April when sales close , £30 gets your ticket and a one off limited edition Ayr T Shirt  

Keep going on the tickets , another 50 tickets will see the sum raised to  £10,000 on top of AU500s £10,000 and pre sales strips at roughly £6,000 already , fans are making a great effort to provide cash to the club at these difficult times 

Edited by Robbo63

35 minutes ago, Hazbart said:

@Robbo63 any idea what the current state of play is at the club with players wages?

Have they been put on furlough or are we still shelling out 100%?

My understanding at moment is all club employees are getting 100% of their salary one way or another , so well done to directors ( I am sure that’s what the directors statement said  last week in local press )

1 hour ago, Hazbart said:

@Robbo63 any idea what the current state of play is at the club with players wages?

Mark Kerr mentioned that they are on the Furlough scheme and the club are paying the remaining 20% of the players wages so essentially they are still getting paid in full as it stands. 

SPFL recommending that Championship, League 1 and League 2 are terminated and league table is finalised on average points per game meaning Our old friend from the west end would be punted to league 1. 

B9C092B6-EB0B-471D-8E97-4AEB30A4E84E.gif

4 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

SPFL recommending that Championship, League 1 and League 2 are terminated and league table is finalised on average points per game meaning Our old friend from the west end would be punted to league 1. 

B9C092B6-EB0B-471D-8E97-4AEB30A4E84E.gif

Any idea when the decision will be made? 

Edited by Thereisalight..

B9C092B6-EB0B-471D-8E97-4AEB30A4E84E.gif.2b4ecc73afcc56be26cf360a612967fb.gif

Any idea when the decision will be made? 

I think SPFL clubs are to vote on it.

They may vote on no promotion or relegation, middle ground, give clubs the money they need

Clubs would get the money now for the league placing to keep them going, rather than building for next season whenever that is, its looking like closer to Christmas than the second week in July at the moment. 

Even when it does start up again there would still be concerns about the potential of 200k people congregating every weekend and travelling over the country. The rule being relaxed about games being  played and televised at 3pm on a Saturday might allow football to return sooner though. 

Edited by diegomarahenry

58 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

They may vote on no promotion or relegation, middle ground, give clubs the money they need

Clubs would get the money now for the league placing to keep them going, rather than building for next season whenever that is, its looking like closer to Christmas than the second week in July at the moment. 

Even when it does start up again there would still be concerns about the potential of 200k people congregating every weekend and travelling over the country. The rule being relaxed about games being  played and televised at 3pm on a Saturday might allow football to return sooner though. 

I thought yesterdays statement by Uefa confirmed that they wanted ALL leagues to complete, irrespective of whether that meant restarting in June, July, August or September ?

Personally I think that the lockdown will be lifted by the end of June and possibly sooner, whether that means football restarting is another matter of course but reading between the lines of various Governments and EU countries releases, I think they want the Economies to return to some semblance of normality sooner rather than later.

I also note that Tui have today issued a statement saying that they will recommence their flights and holidays on June 17th.

It's an ever changing picture of course, but there's certainly lots of pressure being exerted on Governments by various business groups and lobbyists and should things start to look better over the next few weeks then I'd expect that pressure to start to tell.

[mention=65463]Robbo63[/mention] any idea what the current state of play is at the club with players wages?
Knowing the Chairman's politics, I'd be surprised if we accept any Government help, we don't need that kind of communism. #MakeAyrGreatAgain