D'Jaffo

The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Can't believe that it took the coronavirus to end the topless models.

I don’t really like the new strip. Reminds me of last seasons kit which was “too plain”. Also not liking the pointy throat part. Rangers and other clubs had that design about 6 years back (I’m sure Puma was the manufacturer), it just makes it look a bit dated 

Initially, I thought it had a collar. I've always preferred  tops with a collar. I'm not convinced with the weird neckline and agree that it is very plain looking. 

Maybe it looks better in the flesh? 🤷‍♂️

Hummel strips are generally decent and I like the idea of a bespoke one as well. Perhaps in this down time we can submit our own versions of the away and/or third kit. 

Run a competition for to shortlist 3 or 4, pay a small donation per entry, open it up to a public vote and get Hummel to make it. 

Club gets much needed funds at this difficult time. Just a thought. 

1 hour ago, eez-eh said:

Anyone know if that’s the bespoke one or will that be for the away kit?

The away top is the bespoke top this season and it’s really smart , will be a good seller 

Just realised us and the Rugby Park mob will both be wearing Hummel this upcoming season

Only clubs in Scotland as well. Think Rangers were with them but they’re looking for a new supplier.

20 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

The away top is the bespoke top this season and it’s really smart , will be a good seller 

You tease... give us details man!!! 

17 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Only clubs in Scotland as well. Think Rangers were with them but they’re looking for a new supplier.

They dumped Rangers due to an issue with Sports direct , believe they are looking at raising a court case against them as they went against the details on the contract 

1 hour ago, ftk said:

Meh. Needs more black.

More black in that than there was on the top we won the league wearing 2 seasons ago and not much less than last season 

7 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

You tease... give us details man!!! 

You may see it soon , but due to being bespoke it will take a bit longer to get them produced as it’s a top they don’t have in stock 

Edited by Robbo63

On 22/03/2020 at 23:51, munro7 said:

Harvie for both for me, as others have said he’s been most consistent all season.
Forrest and McCowan would be in contention for the respective awards but both have tailed off a bit, not helped by the change in our style of play.

Totally agree with this, although I also think Doohan has been very good despite people possibly taking him for granted after his excellent first season. Ultimately he makes very few mistakes however he also makes lots of point gaining saves which are often overlooked and realistically where could we find another keeper of similar quality on our budget ??

2 hours ago, UpInTheAyr said:

ET34EubXkAQxJJC_001.jpg

Liking it, we generally play well with mostly white tops and it also looks pretty classy.

The club said that they would post the strips out once the government restrictions were lifted, I thought shops were able to operate on a delivery only basis. 

Obviously I am not looking for folk to put themselves at risk to post shirts out. I remember a time that shirts weren't available till November so waiting a couple of weeks/months shouldn't concern folk to much. 

It looks like the club have brought this forward in the current circumstances and should be applauded for getting the kits in this early to try and make money. 

I think that coming out of this situation well prepared could have a significant effect on clubs, it will be a real leveller in some respects. Hopefully paying the players during this time and perhaps offering them security now for over the summer and next season might see some of the players that were waiting till the end of the season decide to stay.  

10 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

The club said that they would post the strips out once the government restrictions were lifted, I thought shops were able to operate on a delivery only basis.

Due to the shop not being an essential shop , the current guidelines do not allow staff to travel to the shop, hopefully get them out middle of April if the government allows us to travel again after this 3 weeks stint 

Edited by Robbo63

3 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

Due to the shop not being an essential shop , the current guidelines do not allow staff to travel to the shop, hopefully get them out middle of April if the government allows us to travel again after this 3 weeks stint 

I'd say it's just as essential as the building sites which are still fully manned all around me who're building a Hotel, Student accommodation and flats.

They're telling us one thing on the News but doing another in practice and everyone is just turning a blind eye.

(for the avoidance of doubt, I'm not seriously suggesting that our club shop should be open)

1 hour ago, WATTOO said:

I'd say it's just as essential as the building sites which are still fully manned all around me who're building a Hotel, Student accommodation and flats.

Housing is generally considered to be fairly important, yes.

4 minutes ago, Thumper said:

Housing is generally considered to be fairly important, yes.

That's not housing though, it's commercial property.