D'Jaffo

The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Of the current loans we’ve got I’d love it if we could get Doohan and Kelly back for another season. Doohan hasn’t been quite as good as last season but he’s still a good keeper. I don’t think we stand much chance of getting Kelly though. I think he’s got a real chance of getting into Rangers first team in a year or so and as such I think he’ll maybe spend a year down South in League 1. Malley and Tiffoney haven’t shown enough to be brought back for next season and I’m undecided on Drinan.

Doc and Forrest have obviously signed PCA although it will be interesting to see if they are impacted in any way by the current situation.

I’m a big believer in keeping most of a squad together simply for a bit of consistency otherwise you need a complete overhaul every summer. I’d offer extensions to everyone apart from Gillespie, Geggan and one of Muirhead or Bell. Geggan is simply finished at this level and we get fewer and fewer games out him each season whilst Gillespie is too slow for my liking and looks like nothing more than a temporary replacement whilst Geggan is out injured. I love Stevie Bell but I’m edging closer to putting him in the same boat as Geggan. He’s not quite finished but he’s had a few iffy games this season and his injuries are going to be become more frequent. It’s either him or Muirhead for me. I have a real love/hate relationship with “Aero”. I think he’s a complete bellend at times and very limited but he’s had a few stand out performances as well. I thought he was excellent in our wins against ICT, Ross County and Dunfermline and looked comfy in midfield against Dundee United. However those performances will always be mirrored by games like QOTS away or St Johnstone in the cup. He’s a complete hot head at times.

1 hour ago, Robbo63 said:

I think there is going to be 1 big surprise in next seasons squad ! 

Daniel Harvie to sign a contract for next season???

1 hour ago, Robbo63 said:

Jamie Adams 😍

Perhaps with everything that's going on, and with the reality that clubs won't know what's going on for next season, players who have been offered deals now will be inclined to sign to provide them with security.

2 hours ago, Trogdor said:

@ayrunitedfw You okay? Or being controversial?

Oh My God Reaction GIF by reactionseditor

I think your judgement has been impaired because there are some honking calls in there!

In what way? Who do you disagree with. The 

1 hour ago, ayrunitedfw said:

In what way? Who do you disagree with. The 

My thoughts are more or less as D'Jaffo posted above. 

I disagree on the following:

Releasing Moffat, he will be more of a backup player next season and I expect he'll also assist with the coaching.

Retaining Bell & Muirhead seemed a bit strange to me. I would keep 1 or release both. I'm tending more to releasing both as Aero is too much of a hot head.

Retaining Docherty - That is a non starter. I think it's better for all concerned to part ways.

January loans - I think it's too early for a proper judgement here. I would probably try to bring Drinan back. Not too sure about the other two though.

4 hours ago, Robbo63 said:

Ryan Stevenson to return.

I can well understand people being skeptical about Moffat. Starts every season being pretty much unplayable then slowly disappears over Christmas and only has a handful of good games after that. I still think he’s worth keeping around though.

Docherty can leave tbh.

Micheal Moffat is the best footballer in the team. I know he's 35, but he would make a good impact sub against tired defenders. 

Between Roscoe, Bell and Muirhead, at least 2 of them should be showing the door. There's always a mistake between the 3 of them. 

I wouldn't mind Drinan staying for next season, definitely the best player out of the 4 signings. 

Trying to get Murdoch back for next season is a must and possibly an ambitious new contract for Harvie (if possible).

Of the contracted players for next season, how many are guaranteed starters?

Only my opinion but I’d say we’re looking at,

GK (Doohan)

Houston
CB
Roscoe
LB (Harvie?)

CM (Murdoch?)
CM

McCowan
AM
LM

ST

Getting the likes of Harvie, Murdoch and one of Bell or Muirhead tied up gives us a stronger base to build from. Priorities in the summer will be the centre of midfield and a bit of quality going forward. Preferably not filling each position with young guys either.

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

Of the contracted players for next season, how many are guaranteed starters?

Only my opinion but I’d say we’re looking at,

GK (Doohan)

Houston
CB
Roscoe
LB (Harvie?)

CM (Murdoch?)
CM

McCowan
AM
LM

ST

Getting the likes of Harvie, Murdoch and one of Bell or Muirhead tied up gives us a stronger base to build from. Priorities in the summer will be the centre of midfield and a bit of quality going forward. Preferably not filling each position with young guys either.

If Doohan would come back next season, I'd imagine it would be permanent. 

If Doohan would come back next season, I'd imagine it would be permanent. 

I think he still has 2 years on his deal! He signed a 4 year contract when he joined last season

32 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

I think he still has 2 years on his deal! He signed a 4 year contract when he joined last season

I reckon Celtic would release him then he'll sign for us on a free. 

I reckon Celtic would release him then he'll sign for us on a free. 

They’d want a fee probably. Same as Rangers did with Houston.

They’d want a fee probably. Same as Rangers did with Houston.

He’s also better than mccrorie so will probably land up in the premiership

17 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Disagree with this. I think McCrorie is the better of the two. 

I reckon McCrorie will go on to better things.

3 hours ago, ryanayr1987 said:

He isnt better than McCrorie.

I dont know how good McCrorie is so wouldn't try to compare. I've only seen him in the flesh a couple of times for Queens & Morton. I thought he was competent.

As for Doohan, in the league he had 14 clean sheets last season and 8 clean sheets this season. With our defence in front of him that's pretty good in my book!

Besides that, he is the best keeper I have seen since I started going to games. Much better than Samson and he has spent most of his career in the Premier League. A feat that I still find very baffling.

I haven’t seen much of McCrorie but I doubt Doohan would be getting a game at a mid table Premiership side. He’s decent enough at our level but he hasn’t hit the same heights as last season.