The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Really need to get the keeper situation sorted out Hare-Reid might turn out to be a superstar but we need at least 2 senior keepers on the book, Rangers seem to be taking an age on deciding what they are doing with McRorie I have visions of us starting the Bet Fred cup with one keeper.

Really need to get the keeper situation sorted out Hare-Reid might turn out to be a superstar but we need at least 2 senior keepers on the book, Rangers seem to be taking an age on deciding what they are doing with McRorie I have visions of us starting the Bet Fred cup with one keeper.

Unless it’s not McCrorie that’s signing?

Hare-Reid will definitely be our number 2 for next season.

Unless it’s not McCrorie that’s signing?

Hare-Reid will definitely be our number 2 for next season.
It wouldn't surprise me if it's not him now, with all the talk for weeks about him you would have thought it would be tied up by now, do we have the money though to sign some one who we are paying wages for though, assuming rangers would be paying McRorie's wages.

Robby McCrorie came on for the last 15 minutes of Rangers closed door friendly against The New Saints today which doesn't bode too well.

They play Bury on Friday night so will be interesting to see if he's in the team or not.

Robby McCrorie came on for the last 15 minutes of Rangers closed door friendly against The New Saints today which doesn't bode too well.
They play Bury on Friday night so will be interesting to see if he's in the team or not.

Wouldn’t read too much into that. Gerrard said that everyone would get their chance during pre-season but McCrorie would probably be going on loan to a team in a higher league than Berwick.

McCall said that if we didn’t have a goalie by today then we’d have one for Saturday.

Keeper situation is beginning to irritate a bit now. Happy that Hare-Reid has been getting the chance in these 2 games, but we need someone in very quickly. Is this going to be the striker situation of our previous visit? 

Also, this whole not being sure if we can afford Murdoch and Ferguson talk is getting frustrating as we probably need both plus another defender. We can’t rely on Adams and Bell being the back up defence.

I really don't understand the Ferguson situation, regarding the hold up ?

Is this at our end or his end ?

Are we leaving him until last to see if we still have a budget once our favoured targets have been signed ? or is he holding out waiting to see if he can get a better deal elsewhere ??

Are we leaving him until last to see if we still have a budget once our favoured targets have been signed ? or is he holding out waiting to see if he can get a better deal elsewhere ??

He’ll only be signed once we’ve got a goalie and Murdoch imo.

19 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Hold up is in our side. McCall wants to sign Ferguson and Murdoch but doesn’t no if the budget is there. It’s a bit of a minter from the club to be honest. 

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

He’ll only be signed once we’ve got a goalie and Murdoch imo.

Signing Ferguson is far more important than signing Murdoch. We have Absoulotely no cover for fullback. 

Fair enough, I did think it was probably that as Ferguson will really just be used as cover, however I agree fw it does seem a bit out of order on our part but I suppose that's Football nowadays.

Hold up is in our side. McCall wants to sign Ferguson and Murdoch but doesn’t no if the budget is there. It’s a bit of a minter from the club to be honest. 

It’s not really though. McCall will know exactly how much money he’s got left but the problem is either Rangers are asking for more money for McCrories wages or they haven’t given him a definitive answer. A goalie is by far our top priority so McCall is waiting to see how much that’ll cost him before committing to Murdoch or Ferguson. He’s obviously pretty confident of signing both otherwise he wouldn’t have dragged them all the way to Forfar and Stranraer. He’s keeping his cards close to his chest is all, nothing wrong with that.

The goalie situation should have been a priority and sorted out earliest . Two seasons ago we had no front man and it cost us , is it going to be the same at other end this time ? 

The goalie situation should have been a priority and sorted out earliest . Two seasons ago we had no front man and it cost us , is it going to be the same at other end this time ? 

No

Obviously we need an experienced/first choice keeper signed up, and I’d prefer a permanent keeper rather than a loan but the reality is there isn’t a lot of keepers out there just now, hence looking at (probably) the Rangers lad.

That said, a few pre-season games may not be a bad shout for Hare-Reid’s development. Fairly low pressure, allows him to get a flavour of first team action and lets face it, we don’t have a great record when it comes to developing young keepers.

Derek Stillie is the keeper coach, no? Only been retired a decade or so!

24 minutes ago, super_carson said:

Obviously we need an experienced/first choice keeper signed up, and I’d prefer a permanent keeper rather than a loan but the reality is there isn’t a lot of keepers out there just now, hence looking at (probably) the Rangers lad.

That said, a few pre-season games may not be a bad shout for Hare-Reid’s development. Fairly low pressure, allows him to get a flavour of first team action and lets face it, we don’t have a great record when it comes to developing young keepers.

Derek Stillie is the keeper coach, no? Only been retired a decade or so!

A goalkeeper on a 'permanent' one-year contract isn't really any different to a goalkeeper on a season long loan.