The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

10 hours ago, WATTOO said:

We discussed this in depth, however the common consensus was that we would revert back to our passing style as it was a "horses for courses" situation with Kerr amending his tactics based on the opposition, sadly this hasn't happened and there's only so many games you can get away with sneaking 1-0 wins or scraping a 0-0, 1-1 draw.

The annoying thing is that many of the sides in this league simply couldn't cope with our quick passing game, so for me, it's time to return to it on Saturday..............

Totally agree. We're 4 points from 7th place and at the start of the season that was around where a lot of people saw us finishing. 

The thing I don't get is that Kerr, rightly, has a reputation for being a cultured, possession based, technical midfielder and one who's had a long and distinguished CV to go with it. He clearly knows his stuff. What principles change when he's become the manager? For me, I feel he, Mick and the laptop are perhaps overthinking things tactically. 

Let teams worry about us. It's what McCall used so successfully, on the times I've seen us, we're almost playing scared and with the handbrake on. Reactive and worrying about the opposition. 

This is clearly having a knock on effect on our performances against teams who are suddenly causing us problems, in and out of possession. 

Results and performances over 90 minutes, and not just in 20 / 30 minute spells are needed urgently. 

Its not being negative or fickle, its simply telling it as it is 

Arbroath game now March 17th. An utter joke. 

So now 8 games between now and the end of March - that’s a game short of a full quarter to be played in just over a month.

I know Kerr has taken the positive approach and says everyone is well up for it but I can’t see him being pleased with this. We don’t have the squad size to cope with that schedule and I can see it harming our play off chances.

2 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

So now 8 games between now and the end of March - that’s a game short of a full quarter to be played in just over a month.

I know Kerr has taken the positive approach and says everyone is well up for it but I can’t see him being pleased with this. We don’t have the squad size to cope with that schedule and I can see it harming our play off chances.

He did say he was going to argue his case about the rescheduled date but obviously fell on deaf ears. 

He did say he was going to argue his case about the rescheduled date but obviously fell on deaf ears. 

Is there any particular reason why games have to be rearranged ASAP?

Can see us either finishing 5th or scrambling around just for another 4th place and having nothing left for the play offs.

32 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Is there any particular reason why games have to be rearranged ASAP?

Can see us either finishing 5th or scrambling around just for another 4th place and having nothing left for the play offs.

Only thing I can think of is in case of further postponements. There is still the ICT game to rearrange as well. 

That'll be Kerr fizzing, now going to be back to back Tuesday/Friday games.

Club obviously put a good case forward to wait until April, not.

Mind you SFA idiots probably wouldn't give two shits, we're deffo not finishing in the play offs now.

To be honest, our recent and future performances will take care of making the playoffs or not. 

Let's just get on with things, not look for excuses about fixture congestion, and see where we end up. 

I can see March being used as a convenient excuse come the end of the season. I sincerely hope not. 

Edited by BukyOHare

11 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Mind you SFA mongos probably wouldn't give two shits, we're deffo not finishing in the play offs now.

Inappropriate and not needed. 

6 hours ago, BukyOHare said:

Totally agree. We're 4 points from 7th place and at the start of the season that was around where a lot of people saw us finishing. 

The thing I don't get is that Kerr, rightly, has a reputation for being a cultured, possession based, technical midfielder and one who's had a long and distinguished CV to go with it. He clearly knows his stuff. What principles change when he's become the manager? For me, I feel he, Mick and the laptop are perhaps overthinking things tactically. 

Let teams worry about us. It's what McCall used so successfully, on the times I've seen us, we're almost playing scared and with the handbrake on. Reactive and worrying about the opposition. 

This is clearly having a knock on effect on our performances against teams who are suddenly causing us problems, in and out of possession. 

Results and performances over 90 minutes, and not just in 20 / 30 minute spells are needed urgently. 

Its not being negative or fickle, its simply telling it as it is 

Kerr had a wretched start as manager and the pressure pre-Christmas was really starting to grow.  There were good reasons why a lot of fans looked at the January fixture list with a lot of trepidation.   I think that pushed Kerr into self preservation mode, setting us up more defensively, and we dug out some good results.  Unfortunately we now seem to be in a bit of a rut with creative players like Moffat, Forrest, McCowan and Kelly floating around the fringes doing very little.  The tactics on Tuesday were awful and totally ineffective - hopefully Kerr has learned his lesson.

I’ve also heard a few fans saying Docherty leaving is no great loss.  I would like to think the last 2 or 3 games have shown the abject folly of that thinking.

What a horrific run of games and perhaps this punishes us more than expected. Tbh I don’t think we have the form or momentum to be doing too much should we make the playoffs. Still think it’s very important though that we finish as high up as possible from a cash point of view. Seemed to be unexpected cost cutting last summer and any extra we can bank will help us next season 

2 hours ago, rb123! said:

Mind you SFA mongos probably wouldn't give two shits, we're deffo not finishing in the play offs now.

The club DID put a strong case forwards , as said above outwith 17th March there are very few midweek dates available of which ICT is going to take one , possibility  other games could be postponed , last March there was bad weather , games will be played as early as possible after postponement at this stage of the season ,  just don’t get why you think club are at fault here with your , good case NOT comment , may I add your use of the Mongo word is shocking 

Edited by Robbo63

Well the SFA are tubes so thought that was the best way to describe them. However in no sense do I mock, have a problem with or intended to abuse the term "mongo" and meant to offend anyone by it.

If I did then I do apologise and I've changed the wording to please everyone

6 hours ago, BukyOHare said:

Inappropriate and not needed. 

Surely you lot aren't all shocked and "offended" when you watch "There's something about Mary", rightly or wrongly I still find the "we keep him in a cage and call him mongo" one of the funniest comedy lines ever, especially in the context.

Sometimes having some "inappropriate" fun is really ok, otherwise we'd lose our wit, personality, sense of humour and general mischief streak which actually define us as human beings.

Christ, it's sad bloody times we're currently living through............

4 hours ago, rb123! said:

Well the SFA are tubes so thought that was the best way to describe them. However in no sense do I mock, have a problem with or intended to abuse the term "mongo" and meant to offend anyone by it.

If I did then I do apologise and I've changed the wording to please everyone

I certainly didn't have a problem but some would appear to be very easily offended nowadays I'm afraid.

Thank God I've got Ali, Dele, Days etc all on filter as I'm sure they'd descend upon me like a swarm of enraged and offended locusts..............

19 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Surely you lot aren't all shocked and "offended" when you watch "There's something about Mary", rightly or wrongly I still find the "we keep him in a cage and call him mongo" one of the funniest comedy lines ever, especially in the context.

Sometimes having some "inappropriate" fun is really ok, otherwise we'd lose our wit, personality, sense of humour and general mischief streak which actually define us as human beings.

Christ, it's sad bloody times we're currently living through............

I despair.

We've suffered a double whammy from the abandonment at Arbroath. We had a huge chance  of winning that game, so in all probability lost out on 3 points.  Now our March fixture congestion has increased even further which could again cost us points. Officials on and off the pitch have royally shafted us. If this had happened to either of the gruesome twosome we would have had a 4 page spread on it for 5 consecutive days. At least.