The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

2 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

unless you are away at Rangers and they insist on playing the next day of course apparently!)

BBC Radio Scotland said that it was a  UEFA rule that you could play it within a 24hr window and Rangers used it , even though Livingston wanted it tonight , I thought that was only if a foreign team were involved but Radio said any team could ask for it to be played within 24hrs , not sure they are correct , but since Livi played  even though did not want to it must be right , 

Edited by Robbo63

BBC Radio Scotland said that it was a EUFA rule that you could play it within a 24hr window and Rangers used it , even though Livingston wanted it tonight , I thought that was only if a foreign team were involved but Radio said any team could ask for it to be played within 24hrs , not sure they are correct , but since Livi played  even though did not want to it must be right , 
Was under the same impression about foreign clubs given the logistics involved in getting teams around continent and beyond.

3 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

You aren't allowed to at this stage. The SPFL will insist on the first available midweek unless there's a very good reason not to (after the immediate week, they never make you play the immediate midweek - unless you are away at Rangers and they insist on playing the next day of course apparently!)

Surely the issue with Rangers was that there was no "first available midweek" before the split. The game had to be played ASAP otherwise they'd run the risk of complete chaos come April.

1 hour ago, Robbo63 said:

BBC Radio Scotland said that it was a  UEFA rule that you could play it within a 24hr window and Rangers used it , even though Livingston wanted it tonight , I thought that was only if a foreign team were involved but Radio said any team could ask for it to be played within 24hrs , not sure they are correct , but since Livi played  even though did not want to it must be right , 

This is almost certainly nonsense - I can completely imagine that they said it on Sportsound, but I'm sure it was someone getting mixed up, as they so often do. The UEFA rules apply to their competitions (Champions League, Europa League, internationals), not to domestic competitions under their jurisdiction.

4 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

This is almost certainly nonsense - I can completely imagine that they said it on Sportsound, but I'm sure it was someone getting mixed up, as they so often do. The UEFA rules apply to their competitions (Champions League, Europa League, internationals), not to domestic competitions under their jurisdiction.

Yes it was on Sportsound , as I said I thought it was wrong , Livingston asked for tonight and Rangers said they could play it within the 24hrs as per UEFA rule , surely someone at SPFL should have known the rule 

I don't think the SPFL decision had anything to do with Rangers quoting a UEFA rule, if they even did such a thing. The principle behind the SPFL's decision would have been to get the game played as quickly as possible. They would have looked very daft if they had passed up the opportunity to play it on Sunday, only for it then to be postponed for whatever reason (weather or otherwise) on the Monday.

I don't think the SPFL decision had anything to do with Rangers quoting a UEFA rule, if they even did such a thing. The principle behind the SPFL's decision would have been to get the game played as quickly as possible. They would have looked very daft if they had passed up the opportunity to play it on Sunday, only for it then to be postponed for whatever reason (weather or otherwise) on the Monday.
Yeah but why is that never done in any other case though?

There's never usually a pressing reason to do it - there are loads of other available dates. But in Rangers' case, they already have one outstanding fixture (v St Johnstone) before the split with no available date, so having a second would be incredibly problematic. Even without the Livi game being postponed, if they make the Last 16 of the Europa League then that St Johnstone game will have to be played after the split, which is obviously an issue if Saints end up being within touching distance of 6th place.

1 hour ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Thought there would have been an announcement about the Morton home game today, but no only the rescheduled away game.

They'll both be played on the same day, 2 legged tie,  3 pm kick off at Somerset and then at 5pm we'll all head up to Greenock for 7:05pm kick off for the all important 2nd leg on the BBC

18 hours ago, rb123! said:

They'll both be played on the same day, 2 legged tie,  3 pm kick off at Somerset and then at 5pm we'll all head up to Greenock for 7:05pm kick off for the all important 2nd leg on the BBC

That's a good shout actually. There's no reason at all why these games couldn't be played on the same day at different times.

Apologies there wasn’t much. The only slightly interring thing was that it’s a Two game ban for Muirhead however the second game will be served in next seasons Scottish cup. 

That’s me saved a pound or so tomorrow morning.

11 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Apologies there wasn’t much. The only slightly interring thing was that it’s a Two game ban for Muirhead however the second game will be served in next seasons Scottish cup. 

Just when you think Sam Roscoe is going to get his chance...