The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 hour ago, AyrTroopMajor said:

Hopefully something similar to the Sunderland Netflix documentary when Martin Bain discovers that Jack Rodwell has refused to leave the club.

Kaboom.

I was about to mention the exact same thing. Kerr frantically pacing up and down his office. 

33 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Well ignore it then. I'm addressing the suggestion Dumfries is 2.5 hours away on a bus when it clearly isn't. If people want to go at that time that's fine, they clearly don't need to though.

1hr 45 is on the high side but bus companies will always do that so fair enough. 1hr 45 mins and an extra 20 mins to get your tickets still means 5pm though.

And I stated the first part because it's a completely needless extra half hour. If you only meant to say 4:45 you'd only have said 4:45. Obviously I'm going to address the extreme part of the suggestion not the more reasonable end of it.

Look, it's a pain for all of us, It's going to cost us a crowd for one of our bigger away supports, it's going to cost you support on the night. Nobody likes the 7:05pm kick off. It's a ground you've a bad record at and it's on tv. I don't blame any Ayr fan who chooses to watch it at home. I'm just saying it's a nonsense to suggest a bus NEEDS to leave Ayr at 4:30 to be in time for the game.

The times are just a polite excuse of saying that nobody wants to go to Dumfries, period. 

Cheers. 

44 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Getting from the ship inn to the holmston roundabout on a rush hour Friday can probably take 20/30 minutes, possibly more if the Holmston Road is queued all the way back.

Please dont engage him in any more discussion on how long it takes a bus to get from Ayr to Dumfries. My eyes are bleeding...

bright good morning GIF

1 hour ago, 1nickydevlin said:

Used too be a kids programme think it was called g force or something it was something to do with ayr Utd. Any1 remember or am I imaging things. I reckon 1996/97 .

I don't know if it's connected but I remember we signed a young player called Billy Borthwick and it was covered on television for some reason. 

Might be connected, might not. 

1 hour ago, 1nickydevlin said:

Used too be a kids programme think it was called g force or something it was something to do with ayr Utd. Any1 remember or am I imaging things. I reckon 1996/97 .

There was a children's programme around that time which featured a lad who was Ayr fan. Seem to remember one of the local rags publishing a story about it. 

1 minute ago, BukyOHare said:

I don't know if it's connected but I remember we signed a young player called Billy Borthwick and it was covered on television for some reason. 

That's a bit before that. Late 80s I think, very early 90s at the latest.

43 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

I knew him, he was from Kilbirnie and Ally signed him, probably around 88/89 and his nickname was Bod, don't think there was any connection though.

2 hours ago, 1nickydevlin said:

I remember "G Force" and I'm sure the actual name of the cartoon was Battle of the Planets. Glen Michael used to show it on cavalcade and it was also on in Saturday Mornings I think, but I'm sure it was around the mid 80's ??

7 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

I knew him, he was from Kilbirnie and Ally signed him, probably around 88/89 and his nickname was Bod, don't think there was any connection though.

I seem to remember he was signed on TV in a kind of Blue Peter type / kids programme, perhaps with a club director in attendance at the time? 

Mind probably games! 😂😂

3 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

I remember "G Force" and I'm sure the actual name of the cartoon was Battle of the Planets. Glen Michael used to show it on cavalcade and it was also on in Saturday Mornings I think, but I'm sure it was around the mid 80's ??

That was late 70s and early 80s. There was a programme in the 90s with a young actor who supported Ayr. No idea what it was called though.