The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

11 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

A bit late to the party on the calibre of the food at Somerset. My mate and I are both vegetarians and it’s ridiculous that we can’t something basic like a macaroni pie! We’ve been to junior grounds that do them! It’s 2020 yet the catering options seems to be stuck in 1990

Vegetarians are a forgotten breed these days, you need to be more vegan for people to care! In saying that you couldn't have a macaroni pie if you were vegan. #nomacaronipies 

9 minutes ago, malkyshotton said:

Vegetarians are a forgotten breed these days, you need to be more vegan for people to care! In saying that you couldn't have a macaroni pie if you were vegan. #nomacaronipies 

That’s true! Even Killie do a vegan pie now. I just think Ayr are of the opinion that people still eat meat by the truckload, and nobody deviates from that. It’s tinpot thinking 

29 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

Game kicks off at 7.05 , fans have tickets to buy , some having to go all way round stadium and back if paying by card so in real terms need to be in Dumfries at 6.40, it does take a bus around 1.5 hrs , when do you suggest it should leave then ? 

What?  You’re saying I can’t buy in advance at my own convenience and have the ticket emailed to my phone and then have it scanned at the gate?

Medieval stuff.

26 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

A bit late to the party on the calibre of the food at Somerset. My mate and I are both vegetarians and it’s ridiculous that we can’t something basic like a macaroni pie! We’ve been to junior grounds that do them! It’s 2020 yet the catering options seems to be stuck in 1990

Can you not just take the steak out of your pie?

57 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

In fairness I'd doubt if you'd find much meat in there either............

9 minutes ago, The Gypsy King said:

I don't buy food from the van, but in seriousness how hard can it be to provide some decent options for vegetarian/vegan customers? Every shitty establishment does.

What about the tinned "Goblin" burger you used to get ??

Raith & Stranraer used to stock them among others, now that WAS grim !!!

11 minutes ago, The Gypsy King said:

I don't buy food from the van, but in seriousness how hard can it be to provide some decent options for vegetarian/vegan customers? Every shitty establishment does.

I'm sure both Cappielow and Somerset DO actually provide a vegan option free of charge.

Just pick a couple of the weeds growing on the terracing and Bobs your Uncle, yum, yum, yum..............

41 minutes ago, The Gypsy King said:

Don't know if were maybe just a bit too shitty then.

Edited by malkyshotton

1 hour ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Yeah, it must be a toss up between Dumfries and Buenos Aries for the most awkward trip. 🙄

Surprisingly, all Ayr fans don't live in or around Ayr. Dumfries is a 200 mile round trip for me and with it being a Friday night and crap kick off time I'll no be going. 

37 minutes ago, The Gypsy King said:

What's wrong with chips? 🤣

13 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Surprisingly, all Ayr fans don't live in or around Ayr. Dumfries is a 200 mile round trip for me and with it being a Friday night and crap kick off time I'll no be going.

Uh huh. We're not discussing you though or how awkward we all know the kick off time is. We are discussing the time a Supporters Club bus needs to leave Ayr to get to the game on time. It isnt 4:30.

Uh huh. We're not discussing you though or how awkward we all know the kick off time is. We are discussing the time a Supporters Club bus needs to leave Ayr to get to the game on time. It isnt 4:30.

Uh huh. As far as discussions go this is one of the more boring ones. It speaks volumes that folk would rather talk about vegan options at the football than this.

25 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Bus company say around 1hr 45 on bus , so leaving just after 4.45 is fine , if you look at mail it says 4.30/45 so don’t know why you only stated the first part of 4.30 

38 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Uh huh. As far as discussions go this is one of the more boring ones. It speaks volumes that folk would rather talk about vegan options at the football than this.

Well ignore it then. I'm addressing the suggestion Dumfries is 2.5 hours away on a bus when it clearly isn't. If people want to go at that time that's fine, they clearly don't need to though.

18 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

Bus company say around 1hr 45 on bus , so leaving just after 4.45 is fine , if you look at mail it says 4.30/45 so don’t know why you only stated the first part of 4.30 

1hr 45 is on the high side but bus companies will always do that so fair enough. 1hr 45 mins and an extra 20 mins to get your tickets still means 5pm though.

And I stated the first part because it's a completely needless extra half hour. If you only meant to say 4:45 you'd only have said 4:45. Obviously I'm going to address the extreme part of the suggestion not the more reasonable end of it.

Look, it's a pain for all of us, It's going to cost us a crowd for one of our bigger away supports, it's going to cost you support on the night. Nobody likes the 7:05pm kick off. It's a ground you've a bad record at and it's on tv. I don't blame any Ayr fan who chooses to watch it at home. I'm just saying it's a nonsense to suggest a bus NEEDS to leave Ayr at 4:30 to be in time for the game.