The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

2 hours ago, AYRSHIRE_ANGUS said:

For anyone planning to travel by rail for the Friday night game v QOS, just seen that the line is now closed till March 15th due to a major landslip. The dreaded rail replacement bus is in operation till then.

Oh well suppose it will need to be BBC 

2 hours ago, AYRSHIRE_ANGUS said:

For anyone planning to travel by rail for the Friday night game v QOS, just seen that the line is now closed till March 15th due to a major landslip. The dreaded rail replacement bus is in operation till then.

Any Ayr fan making the trip to Dumfries on a Friday night to watch the Super deserves a medal. Especially with our dreadful record there and the distance.

5 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Surely there will be a supporters bus going?

Hopefully, depending on numbers , think it would need to leave about 4.30/45 which might put a few people off , good win on Saturday should encourage a few 

Edited by Robbo63

1 minute ago, 1nickydevlin said:

I once went too tannadice on a Friday night to  watch the super and we absolute horsed them .

I was there too. However, Palmerston isn't Tannadice, it has a pitch like a 20 year old carpet. Its got to be the worst artificial pitch in Scotland.

22 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

We've broke our Highland jinx no reason Kerr & McArdle can't break this one.

Trust in the laptop.

The laptop is inferior to the carpet imo. 

17 hours ago, Robbo63 said:

Hopefully, depending on numbers , think it would need to leave about 4.30/45 which might put a few people off , good win on Saturday should encourage a few 

Seriously? Do you guys think Dumfries is the other side of Carlisle or something? It doesn't need to leave before 5pm. You may choose to so you can get a drink or leave some time in hand but Dumfries is not 2 hrs 15 mins by road from Ayr even on a bus.

1 hour ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Looks like their is going to be a feature on Ayr Uniteds transfer deadline day on A view from the terrace tonight. 10:30 on the BBC Scotland channel. 

Excellent. Will it include KittyBoy deciding to steal my photo of Kevin Holt to announce your signing? 😂

7 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Seriously? Do you guys think Dumfries is the other side of Carlisle or something? It doesn't need to leave before 5pm. You may choose to so you can get a drink or leave some time in hand but Dumfries is not 2 hrs 15 mins by road from Ayr even on a bus.

Excellent. Will it include KittyBoy deciding to steal my photo of Kevin Holt to announce your signing? 😂

Game kicks off at 7.05 , fans have tickets to buy , some having to go all way round stadium and back if paying by card so in real terms need to be in Dumfries at 6.40, it does take a bus around 1.5 hrs , when do you suggest it should leave then ? 

6 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

Game kicks off at 7.05 , fans have tickets to buy , some having to go all way round stadium and back if paying by card so in real terms need to be in Dumfries at 6.40, it does take a bus around 1.5 hrs , when do you suggest it should leave then ? 

Er, 1.5 hrs before 6:40 then? Which is 5:10. I would likely leave at 5pm though. I don't even think 4:45 is excessively early but by the time you get to 4:30, it's really not two and half hours you need.