The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Genuinely interested to see the Muirhead challenge.  Didn’t look that bad from the North terracing and he did appear to win the ball, but others in the Somerset Road end saying it was bad.  Who knows.  Muirhead is well capable of a daft challenge, but on the other hand, McLean is an atrocity of a referee who is equally capable of utter incompetence.

Genuinely interested to see the Muirhead challenge.  Didn’t look that bad from the North terracing and he did appear to win the ball, but others in the Somerset Road end saying it was bad.  Who knows.  Muirhead is well capable of a daft challenge, but on the other hand, McLean is an atrocity of a referee who is equally capable of utter incompetence.
It was a clear red. Ridiculous challenge, especially considering he was on a yellow.

McLean got a lot of shit but I thought he got all the main decisions right (I'd like to see both disallowed goals though).

20 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

It was a clear red. Ridiculous challenge, especially considering he was on a yellow.

McLean got a lot of shit but I thought he got all the main decisions right (I'd like to see both disallowed goals though).

As I say, it wasn’t that clear from the north terracing.  Folk around me seemed genuinely surprised at the red card.

17 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

If I’m being honest his January business looked shite. Not really sure why Partick fans got so excited.

Yeah, there are some big parallels to Falkirk from last season. Heres hoping it ends in the same result. 🤣

14 hours ago, jimmy boo said:
15 hours ago, ali_91 said:
I’ve already answered you thick c**t. 

Charming. I'm not as easily perma offended as you so carry on chump.

I'm convinced he's "tarmo" or certainly one of his little followers so I just stuck him on ignore with the rest of his crowd / pseudonyms, as none of them ever had anything of any interest to add to a discussion and believe me the whole forum has been far more enjoyable since.

Life's too short to have to deal with cretins like that...........

Well that’s the cup run gone but have to say on another day weather wise and  Doc in the team and 11 men think we would have taken them. Mr Mclean once again giving us absolutely nothing, but got the red card right, what Muirhead was thinking being on a card already going to win a nothing ball in the middle of the park for goodness sake, but that’s him every game, and his own goal when we needed to go in at half time with something to defend like the Ross County game.

Still gave a good account of ourselves without ever threatening  but your not going to beat a premier ream with ten men so it was game over after 30 minutes.

Cant see the boy Tiffany bringing anything to the team and would send him back now and play McKenzie way before him.

Worst thing about yesterday was McCowan being sacrificed after the red card he had a few wee moments that looked like he could produce a performance like the start of the season, Kerr recalling him for such a big game must have given him a boost hopefully going off so early doesn't affect him ad his head seems to go down easily.

3 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

Worst thing about yesterday was McCowan being sacrificed after the red card he had a few wee moments that looked like he could produce a performance like the start of the season, Kerr recalling him for such a big game must have given him a boost hopefully going off so early doesn't affect him ad his head seems to go down easily.

Totally agree, McCowan looked right up for it and back to his classy full of energy self.

It was a difficult one of course but I'd probably have taken off Forrest as he was visibly struggling to get involved when we had 11 men so the chances of him being involved dropping down to 10 were rather remote. It would also have given him a wee rest before Saturday and given McCowan a good run out, but not to be.

My other concern would be the the distinct lack of pace shown by Gillespie, I'm hoping it was due to still being short of match fitness and also being over worked yesterday due to our lack of numbers against a higher league side, however I've got my doubts.

Hopefully we'll get to see Malley next week, especially if Kerr isn't fully fit.

A bit early to write Tiffoney or Gillespie off for me. 

Gillespie has to be a lack of match sharpness, he is too young to be done but right now he is miles behind Docherty. As a result we missed Docberty hugely yesterday. There was no bite in the midfield.

Tiffoney has a good amount of pace and showed some promise. He seems to have that frustrating quality of always trying to beat another man rather than passing the ball.

Aero needs dropping, I'd give Roscoe a run in the team. I have to say Steven Bell was pretty immense yesterday. 

Tiffoney has a good amount of pace and showed some promise. He seems to have that frustrating quality of always trying to beat another man rather than passing the ball.

McCowan is the same but he’s also one of the few players that isn’t afraid to try anything and doesn’t let one mistake put him off trying it again.

Over the next 3 games there should hopefully be a bit of rotation and Gillespie, Tiffoney, Roscoe and Malley can all get a proper chance to impress.