The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

2 hours ago, Trogdor said:

Better, he doesn't get it. It's a curse anyway, more often than not the recipient's team lose the next game or go on a bad run.

Better to remain under the radar and clinch 2nd!

I agree, let them get the curse!

Absolutely buzzing for next week - should be a good crowd and a good game.

Hopefully the weather is kind.

Last night there was excellent support all the way through the 90 mins and an standing ovation at the end.

Was it just me, or did Doc almost pull up from tracking back not long before he got subbed?

A few of the fans were booing him as it looked on a couple of occasions that he wasnt bothering covering back.

I agree, let them get the curse!
Absolutely buzzing for next week - should be a good crowd and a good game.
Hopefully the weather is kind.
Last night there was excellent support all the way through the 90 mins and an standing ovation at the end.
Was it just me, or did Doc almost pull up from tracking back not long before he got subbed?
A few of the fans were booing him as it looked on a couple of occasions that he wasnt bothering covering back.

He pulled up as he was injured but continued to try and track back....

Anyone booing him is a fanny, he played his normal game. Had a go at Cardle and tried to get him sent off too.

9 minutes ago, rb123! said:

These current results aren't really helping us, 5 points between 2nd and 5th ffs!

Apart from Inverness result , it’s helping us get closer to 2nd and Alloa are too far behind 

Edited by Robbo63

Michael Hewitt away to Annan on loan. Should be good for him if he plays but leaves us very short at the back.

Looks like Kerr is fine with Muirhead or Gillespie covering for Houston. Can’t say I’m too comfortable at the idea given reviews from other teams.

These current results aren't really helping us, 5 points between 2nd and 5th ffs!
That's not the right way to think about it.

Last year we crawled to the end of the season, watching over our shoulders. Yes we made it but we were never really going to compete.

We need to do this ourselves. 2nd or 3rd with good form has to be the aim. If we have a similar finish to last season then I wouldn't mind finishing 7th rather than 4th.

As long as the fuckers at the bottom don't all catch us.

Looks like Kerr is fine with Muirhead or Gillespie covering for Houston. Can’t say I’m too comfortable at the idea given reviews from other teams.
Unless Kerr is still after a defender, got the impression last night there'll be one more signing

Unless Kerr is still after a defender, got the impression last night there'll be one more signing

Maybe but it won’t be an out and out fullback, more likely a centre back who could perhaps cover that area.

Think we need to keep looking forward. No-one will do us any favours and they've all got their own agendas. One thing for sure is that the more consistent we can be, the higher we will finish. I think I've seen us pick up points that would have been lost last year and I'm delighted with that. Kerr looks much more confident in interviews now also, and he will be happy he has different tools to work with with the new additions. Good to have a few unknowns in the squad so other sides might not be so prepared when playing against us.

3 hours ago, rb123! said:

On paper our next three games are all winnable with Morton at home and both Alloa & Arbroath away, apart from that the teams below us will all continue to cut each others throats.

I also think we'll continue to pick up points when we're not playing well under this new stuffy / more solid formation of Kerr's, similar to what we did last night.

8 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

On paper our next three games are all winnable with Morton at home and both Alloa & Arbroath away, apart from that the teams below us will all continue to cut each others throats.

I also think we'll continue to pick up points when we're not playing well under this new stuffy / more solid formation of Kerr's, similar to what we did last night.

Think you're being a bit optimistic putting down Alloa & Arbroath away as winnable games, they've both been unbeaten in January except for Arbroath losing one game, to Alloa.

Think you're being a bit optimistic putting down Alloa & Arbroath away as winnable games, they've both been unbeaten in January except for Arbroath losing one game, to Alloa.

If we have playoff aspirations then we need 7 points minimum from Arbroath, Alloa and Morton.

4 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

If we have playoff aspirations then we need 7 points minimum from Arbroath, Alloa and Morton.

Agreed but Arbroath and Alloa will be no pushovers, especially Arbroath away at this time of year the conditions will be terrible, won't be able to pass it about on the deck there.

After other results today last nights result and performance definitely resulted in two points dropped instead of one gained.

1 hour ago, rb123! said:

I agree that they're both doing really well, however the fact remains that they have small squads and are both part time, as Djaffo says, if we've got serious aspirations of finishing second, then we need to be looking to win these sort of games.

Edited by WATTOO